Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Matteo_50mmCasemods View Post
    So, time to get into this topic as well

I currently don't have time to read through all 10 pages so i want to bring in some ideas first (maybe someone already had these but as i said, will read the whole thread later).

As one of the few people who had the chance to be part of the interview at the "Outshine the Competition" Event, i noticed that most of us were looking for modular, high-end, silent watercooled setups. I also love the idea of creating a line-up of ROG cases or working together with other manufacturers (like Parvum).

But there could be problems with the modularity, since there are people who don't want to maintain a water cooling loop once or twice a year or have the knowledge to take it apart for hardware change, especially when it comes to rigid tubing. My idea is not only to work together with case maufacturers creating cases with integrated liquid cooling but also to work with water cooling manufacturers designing an ROG line up of water cooling parts. On the hardware part this includes preinstalled blocks like the Poseidon or Maximus Extreme, maybe make Poseidon a much bigger series, also offering mainboards for example. On the cooling side i'd like to have ROG themed radiators, reservoirs, or even fittings with a small ROG logo on it.

Another thing are cables. If people can configure their Dream Machine, they should be able to customize their cables as well. There are already some manufacturers who offer cable kits for some PSUs. But wouldn't it be much better to choose the pattern yourself? I know some people who do this, but it costs alot of money and everyone who ever sleeved a whole build by hand understands the prices people ask for these hand made sets, also it takes a while til you receive your cables. This option should would be great imho, even if you pay extra, people who want their Dream Machine will pay for this premium part.

I'll add some more ideas later
    We already have the perfect partners in EK for cooling solutions and In Win for cases. Parvum offers some nice stuff but I can see it as a challenge to work with a smaller company like them and pricing would be through the roof if we offered any top end build with a lot of customized parts. I'm on the same boat with wanting something similar and many others do as well but generally it probably would be better to offer individual parts so people can choose what parts to buy and what parts they can mod themselves. Thanks for sharing your idea.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Gameaholic View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to read. The first post was bound to be a bit lengthy. I'll try to resize pics I use as well.

More ideas- How about a collapsible stand for the 24" 240hz monitor so it would be easy to bring to lan events? Or maybe an ROG monitor bag similar to the one Roccat had?
    I love this idea, a monitor that offers excellent portability is something that I imagine that would be appealing to a lot of competitive eSports players.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Korth PC Specs
    Korth PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X99 R5E (BIOS2101/1902)
    ProcessorHaswell-EP E5-1680-3 SR20H/R2 (4.4GHz)
    Memory (part number)Vengeance LPX 4x8GB SS DDR4-3000 (CMK32GX4M4C3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Sound CardJDS Labs O2+ODAC (RevB), USB2 UAC1
    MonitorASUS PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSDs, 4xSATA3 RAID0
    Storage #2Comay BladeDrive E28 3200GB SSD, 8xPCIe2
    CPU CoolerRaijintek NEMESIS/TISIS, AS5, 2xNH-A14
    CaseObsidian 750D (original), 6xNH-A14
    Power SupplyZalman/FSP ZM1250 Platinum
    Headset Pilot P51 PTT *modded*
    OS Arch, Gentoo, Win7x64, Win10x64
    Network RouterActiontec T3200M VDSL2 Gateway
    Accessory #1 TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9E, 1xPCIe
    Accessory #2 ASUS/Infineon SLB9635 TPM (TT1.2/FW3.19)
    Accessory #3 ASUS OC Panel I (FW0501)

Quote Originally Posted by adiath View Post
    Can i write idea about ROG peripherals here? I also want a ROG Joystick! Gaming gear isn't complete without a joystick. For sport gamers (Fifa, PES, NBA) and racing gamers, joystick become an important main weapon. As end users and fans of ROG, i want all my gaming gear have ROG label. Another big gaming brand already have joystick line up, so i hope Asus will make ROG Joystick.
    +Yes on joystick!

There really is hardly anything available in this market ... unless you want to pay $25~$50 for a piece of flimsy garbage or you want to pay $450~$650+ for a piece of durable machinery. Magnificent ROG gaming keyboard, excellent ROG gaming mouse, ugly Microsoft/Logitech joystick, bah!

In addition to sports games and racing games, space sim games are also a popular niche (EVE Online has over 500,000 players). And there's just no substitute for a quality joystick: keyboard/mouse are awful tools for flight and fight; console-style gamepads are too rinky-tink, limited, and sluggish to handle manly gaming.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by dunkmann00 View Post
    I am actually in the process of building my system now which is why I have suggested this! I live in a two story home and my modem is on the first floor. My computer is upstairs and on the other side of the house. My house isn't very big but trying to run ethernet from where my modem and router are downstairs, to where my computer is upstairs, would be quite a big project. So in my case, for convenience, just being able to connect to the internet using wifi would be much simpler.

I plan on using my computer for some gaming, software development, streaming videos, and just browsing the internet. I have good wifi throughout my home and I am not an intense gamer so if my latency is slightly higher than what I could be getting with a hard wired connection, I can live with that. For everything else I am going to use it for, there will be no noticeable difference regardless how I am connected.

Even though I am not the most intense gamer and plan on using this for a lot of things other than gaming, I still am super interested in the ROG Strix boards because I think they look awesome. I have a tempered glass case I am going to be using for this system and am doing my best to combine style and function to get a great performing and great looking build. Having solid wifi come included on the motherboard, like ASUS has included with other ROG boards, fits exactly with my goal. Better value and better aesthetics as the wireless connection is tucked neatly away up by the I/O.

ROG Strix checks all my boxes and if I were going with an Intel chip my choice would be simple, Z270E. But since I am going to use a Ryzen chip (I think Ryzen 1600 in case anyone reading this is curious) I am not quite sure what motherboard to go with. So hopefully we see some ROG Strix Ryzen boards....with wifi...soon!

Thanks again ASUS and Bahz for doing this!
    Thanks for sharing the details, I can imagine there are a lot of people who use their systems for similar purposes and run into the same problem as you, and logically wifi would be the better solution.

This is good feedback and you're more so of a mainstream user who uses the system for many purposes, this feedback will go to our ASUS series motherboard team.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I had a meeting with our peripheral team yesterday and they asked if anyone had any feedback or ideas for peripheral products in this thread, unfortunately we haven't, so it can start with you. There are no limitation on the ideas as long it's PC related.

With Joystick I think it's a great time to talk about it because a lot of console games like Tekkan 7 are coming to PC, so it almost makes sense that there will be quite a bit of demand for joysticks in the near future for PCs. Better yet if the joystick is ROG themed which would help it match up to the rest of the ROG setup.
    There should be even more demand for PC compatible fight sticks now that Madcatz declared bankruptcy. I'd be interested in both the larger style 8-button fight stick as well as the smaller 6 button version. Other than sanwa pushbuttons there are some interesting new switches through Gamefinger called the HBFS-30 and HBFS-24 that use cherry mx switches in them. I'd wanna see these with Cherry mx silvers in them.

Top ROG Fan of 2016 Array adiath PC Specs
    adiath PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS A46C
    MotherboardASUS Z-170 I Pro Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core I5 6600K
    Memory (part number)ADATA XPG DDR4
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix GTX 950
    Graphics Card #2Radeon R7750
    Storage #1Kingston Hyper X SSD
    Storage #2HDD Western Digital Caviar Blue
    CPU CoolerDeepcool Gamaxx 400
    Power SupplyEnermax NAXN 450W
    Mouse ASUS ROG Gladius
    Headset ASUS ROG Orion & Creative SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Alpha
    Mouse Pad ASUS 10th Anniv Edition
    OS WIndows 7
    Network RouterASUS Wireless Router

I had a meeting with our peripheral team yesterday and they asked if anyone had any feedback or ideas for peripheral products in this thread, unfortunately we haven't, so it can start with you. There are no limitation on the ideas as long it's PC related.

With Joystick I think it's a great time to talk about it because a lot of console games like Tekkan 7 are coming to PC, so it almost makes sense that there will be quite a bit of demand for joysticks in the near future for PCs. Better yet if the joystick is ROG themed which would help it match up to the rest of the ROG setup.
    Yeah, thanks henry. And yes, beside sports games & racing games, there are another genre of games that really need a joystick like fighting, simulation, and also another local multiplayer games. So its right time ROG to make a joystick.

For feature i have some ideas :
    - Wired & wireless interconnections
    - Have great quality (analog, buttons, and built quality)
    - Support multiple OS (Windows, Mac, Linux / Steam OS)
    - Have unique ROG design
    - ROG colour theme (black red / white red, with gold additional colour)
    - RGB LED, so it will match with Asus Aura RGB, lol

I'm sure if ROG make joystick, it will be a very great news for all PC Gamers and ROG fans. I'm very interesting to help Asus R&D team if they want some ideas / influences from end users & ROG fans perspective. Actually i also have some ideas about another peripheral like steering wheel or flight stick, but joystick is more realistic for this time, and hopefully ROG can make it.

Top ROG Fan of 2016 Array adiath PC Specs
    adiath PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS A46C
    MotherboardASUS Z-170 I Pro Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core I5 6600K
    Memory (part number)ADATA XPG DDR4
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix GTX 950
    Graphics Card #2Radeon R7750
    Storage #1Kingston Hyper X SSD
    Storage #2HDD Western Digital Caviar Blue
    CPU CoolerDeepcool Gamaxx 400
    Power SupplyEnermax NAXN 450W
    Mouse ASUS ROG Gladius
    Headset ASUS ROG Orion & Creative SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Alpha
    Mouse Pad ASUS 10th Anniv Edition
    OS WIndows 7
    Network RouterASUS Wireless Router

Quote Originally Posted by Korth View Post
    +Yes on joystick!

There really is hardly anything available in this market ... unless you want to pay $25~$50 for a piece of flimsy garbage or you want to pay $450~$650+ for a piece of durable machinery. Magnificent ROG gaming keyboard, excellent ROG gaming mouse, ugly Microsoft/Logitech joystick, bah!

In addition to sports games and racing games, space sim games are also a popular niche (EVE Online has over 500,000 players). And there's just no substitute for a quality joystick: keyboard/mouse are awful tools for flight and fight; console-style gamepads are too rinky-tink, limited, and sluggish to handle manly gaming.
    Actually i think logitech, microsoft, or also razer have a good joystick. But we know that we want ROG Joystick(of course with better quality), i mean it will really cool if we have all our gaming gears are ROG (mouse, keyboard, headphone, mic, and finally joystick if ROG already make it)

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Skunk View Post
    - Aftermarket Poseidon cooler (especially for Dual-GPU). More people want to shove more powerful components into smaller cases. Managing thermals in small form factor is difficult, hybrid air/water coolers definitely can help there, increasing the thermal dissipation area. Other vendors have offered aftermarket coolers for cards like the Titan in the past; no reason I see why ASUS couldn't do the same with a hybrid air/water cooler that would be a unique offering.

Side rant - Just please be mindful of the size of the cooler (this goes for all GPU coolers in general)...ASUS is good about recessing the PEG's, but the area over the CPU and memory could also be cut down to allow for lower profile to recess the terminal for the G1/4" fittings. The thickness is also getting a bit excessive...competitors are able to out-cool the monster Strix without needing to go beyond 2 slots width. The length needs to be cut down...in a review, the cooling capacity of a competitors 1080 Mini was more than adequate and could potentially cool a 1080 Ti, even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite ROG View Post
    BTW, when will the Poseidon 1080Ti release? I'm currently using two Asus 1080Ti founders watercooled by EKWB, but I want the Poseidons... hmmmm delicous. ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Bae View Post
    How about a "MARS" dual gtx 1080ti?
    -crazy 80% binned gpus
    -1650MHz base 1760MHz boost
    -11.5GHz memory
    -ekwb blocks
    -32 phase power (16 for each gpu)
    -8 phase memory (4 for each gpu)
    -5X 8 pin power
    -RGB backplate and block
    Definitely possible to do but heat coming out of this would be pretty intense, but in the end it would be more of an issue with the cost being too high. Of course I'm sure there will be enough collectors and enthusiast that would buy it, but from a business standpoint it's probably hard to justify this ahead of other projects. I'm guessing if something like this was offered, it would be like previous MARS cards where there will be 500 or less units that will be manufactured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteo_50mmCasemods View Post
    On the hardware part this includes preinstalled blocks like the Poseidon or Maximus Extreme, maybe make Poseidon a much bigger series, also offering mainboards for example. On the cooling side i'd like to have ROG themed radiators, reservoirs, or even fittings with a small ROG logo on it.
    I see a trend emerging here...

A few things to note:

Dual-GPU cards are not sub-zero over-clocking cards, so no need to go overboard with power delivery...a quality 8+2 phase with all phases individually controllable for each GPU would be sufficient. Dual-GPU cards also have binned chips that have low leakage and are very power efficient, so it curbs the overall power consumption of the card (TDP for the Titan Z was 375W with just an 8+8 pin PEG). I'm pretty sure Nvidia needs to sign-off on dual-GPU cards, so whether or not they would is questionable...plus Computex is right around the corner, let's see what Nvidia will show off there with AMD knocking at the high-end performance door with Vega.

As for interesting things that could be done, an air/water hybrid solution would address the large thermal dissipation needs. Also, if feasible, connecting the GPU's with NVLink could be a unique differentiating feature. I'm not sure, but I would think the inter-GPU communication would be agnostic to communications protocol (which should be transparent). Enabled circuitry would be the issue for that...

As for PCB layout, with the narrower chokes used for the 1080 Ti Strix...

...it could be possible to have a layout similar to the Titan Z PCB...

...rather than the MARS 760 PCB layout...

...so it can remain a reasonable size (no longer than 11.5in/292mm; Titan Z managed 10.5in/266.7mm). A water channel for a Poseidon variant could wrap around the first GPU, extend over the PCI-e switch to the second GPU and wrap back to extend to the G1/4" fitting terminal. Heat pipes could transport VRM heat to the water channel, similarly to how it is done with the 1080 Ti Poseidon.

You would also have a little more space where the SLI finger is, as that would no longer be applicable; extreme benchmarking with sub-zero cooling, the only application where that could be useful, is not applicable, as previously mentioned.

Edit: Images are not wanting to resize appropriate in post, even though they do correctly in the post preview.

P.S. Vega with HBM2 would make for a nice dual-GPU card, which I can imagine AMD doing, being they were even willing to make a dual-Polaris card. It'd be interesting to see if they externally expose Infinity Fabric on them for a fast, coherent inter-chip coupling. Also, Poseidon's U-channel water loop makes a lot of sense for an HBM GPU chip, regardless.
    Last edited by Skunk; 05-28-2017 at 01:04 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I love this idea, a monitor that offers excellent portability is something that I imagine that would be appealing to a lot of competitive eSports players.
    Yeah I'm sure most people wouldn't mind a sacrifice in adjustable range to get more portability and protection. Who really games in portrait? Light are not needed either but if they are kept then at events they could be used to help identify different teams by having one team use one color for all their stands and the other team using a different color.

New ROGer Array

Smile Aura Software

Would be nice and time saving to have user presets for Aura rgb would also be a work around for already mentioned time based functions like nite mode with added flexibility . Also would love the functionality of being able to apply individual effects to each rgb component- example static for graphics while breathing for ram sticks. Last but not least this would be awesome and prob a selling point would be to add voice based functionality across the board. Google Home or Alexa based. Example "Alexa wake up PC",Alexa RGB preset 1, Alexa Graphics Card Game Mode. Once we get this accomplished we can go further with home automation. Scenario I come home from work head for my home theater based media room a where I have my pc set up to my 4k TV set up send a voice command "Alexa Gaming" my home theater and other devices that are already set up for voice automation start triggering from the macro - tv and sound system fire up, my Philips hue lights go to their scene and now my awesome ROG based PC wakes up goes to a selected RGB preset to go with the hue set-up , my GTX 1080 ti goes to my overclock mode in gpu ii and I am all set to go.

I think the Aura rgb functionality first mentioned would make my life and others a lot easier I happen to be using Trident Z RGB Ram sticks and each one has 5 zone of lighting each stick so you could imagine the chore it is to do a change of lighting through my Strix Z270 based system. I assume a lot of others are in the same boat and I believe the voice control is very marketable as well.

I think most manufactures and many game developers have an opportunity in understanding the consumer needs are changing as more PCs wind up connected to HDTV and not the old standard of being set-up at a desk with a monitor. As more people start to use their computers in the HTPC as well as gaming. I just moved over from console gaming to my first pc build because it made sense as more games that are published for exclusively for XBOX are being released for windows. PlayStation seems to be following the trend a having the biggest available library under one roof and taking the fire out of any so called "console war" opens up a huge market to move people out of the consoles and into their first PC gaming builds placing the PC in the living room and being sensitive to these need will give a definite market edge to ROG products.

Thank You,
    Gavin Makinson

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast