Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    Ex-employee Array

My goal was originally to reach at least 30 pages by end of July, we're still some ways off. All those who haven't chimed in on this topic, please do so. No one here will judge your ideas, so I hope everyone can start firing away any ideas at all which could eventually be part of a much bigger idea.

ROG Member Array

Also forgot this while they are likely to appear in the future sooner rather than later would be nice. Even though I know it's not feasible currently since no GPU's currently support them but the new upcoming DP interface and HDMI 2.1. I personally would prefer to run a PC monitor with 4:4:4 as I had stated the PG27UQ is a really nice monitor but there are some small compromises. While it may be somewhat difficult to notice in most things running @4k it will be noticeable in somethings. Then again I have pretty sensitive eyes. Although I'd still like VA I might lean more toward IPS because of pixel response times.

Also eventually having a mouse like the Spatha with an optical sensor.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Zenairis View Post
    Also forgot this while they are likely to appear in the future sooner rather than later would be nice. Even though I know it's not feasible currently since no GPU's currently support them but the new upcoming DP interface and HDMI 2.1. I personally would prefer to run a PC monitor with 4:4:4 as I had stated the PG27UQ is a really nice monitor but there are some small compromises. While it may be somewhat difficult to notice in most things running @4k it will be noticeable in somethings. Then again I have pretty sensitive eyes. Although I'd still like VA I might lean more toward IPS because of pixel response times.

Also eventually having a mouse like the Spatha with an optical sensor.
    Thanks for sharing your feedback.

I'm a little curious, what are the main reasons for wanting an optical sensor version of the Spatha? I'm thinking price might be one of the factors. I've stuck with laser sensors for the past 8 mouse that I've used and I don't think for me it would be possible to go back to a optical sensor mouse. Would be great if you could share more on your point of view for this and I bet it would be useful for our peripherals team.

Moderator Array Nate152 PC Specs
    Nate152 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Code
    Processori7-7700k 5.2GHz Delidded
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Trident Z 4025MHz 17-17-17-39-2T
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp - EKFC waterblock
    Graphics Card #2Titan Xp
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX 2015
    MonitorHP ZR30w
    Storage #1Toshiba VX500 256GB
    CPU CoolerSwiftech Apogee GTZ
    CaseThermaltake Armor+ VH6000
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 1600w Titanium
    Keyboard Cyberpower Skorpion K2
    Mouse ROG Chakram Core
    Headset Sennheiser HD6XX / Modmic 5
    Mouse Pad Steelseries QCK Prism XL
    OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Accessory #1 Asus optical drive
    Accessory #2 Koolance ERM-2K3U

I saw Menthol recently posted with an EK M.2 ssd heatsink, how about an ROG M.2 heatsink ? Maybe in the future companies will find a way to make them more efficient and run cooler but for now they run pretty warm.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate152 View Post
    I saw Menthol recently posted with an EK M.2 ssd heatsink, how about an ROG M.2 heatsink ? Maybe in the future companies will find a way to make them more efficient and run cooler but for now they run pretty warm.

We have thought about it, but we've already got DIMM.2, a 3D-printable fan mount, the Hyper M.2 X16 card (which has a built-in hs), the M9E M.2 cooler, and boards with M.2 cooling built into the PCH heatsink. If there's pressing demand, we usually integrate, and leave other solutions to the experts.

ex-ASUS Employee Array Eleiyas PC Specs
    Eleiyas PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA
    ProcessorAMD FX 8370
    Memory (part number)Corsair 8GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon HD 6950 - 2G
    MonitorLG Flatron E2240T 21.5'' 1080p Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 1TB 7200RPM 32MB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM 64MB 6GB/s
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith Cooler
    CaseNZXT Lexa S
    Power SupplyCorsair CX600 600W (Bronze)
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless AZERTY
    Mouse Microsoft Wireless
    Headset Evil Witchcraft II Gaming Headset (Black/Red)
    Mouse Pad Wild Wolf Hunter
    Headset/Speakers 4Gamers 2.1 Sound-System
    OS Windows 10 Professional - Creator's
    Network RouterZiggo

Might sound weird, but what about a machine geared towards audiophiles and music producers?

- Ultra high speed, high capacity SSDs

- Best speakers and audio you can possibly fabricate

- Giant screen

- MIDI port

- support for 7.1 dolby surround output.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array davemon50 PC Specs
    davemon50 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY-DH72 (17") and Asus G752VT-DH74 (17")
    MotherboardAsus ROG LGA2011-v3 Rampage V Edition 10, x99 EATX
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6950X Extreme 10-core 25MB Cache 3.0 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX Red DDR4 DRAM 64GB-4x16 3333 (CMK64GX4M4B3333C16R)
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Graphics Card #2Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX Hi-Fi Audio DAC
    Monitor(2) Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25-inch monitors
    Storage #1(4) SSD's - Samsung 960 & 970 1TB M.2, Intel 535 480G, Intel 510 250G
    Storage #2(3) HDD's - Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5-in SATA III 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H80
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 650D Black, ATX, Mid Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair Digital AXi-Series AX1200i (1200W) 80+ Platinum Rating
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless K360
    Mouse Logitech Wireless MX Anywhere 2
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

I'd like to see ROG Velcro or other wide format cable straps included with ROG motherboards and/or accessories (mouse, KB, etc), for cable management from the case. Perhaps cable provided for the interior of the case for case wiring can also be a thin format tie with ROG striping or logo on it as well. Hey, we already have the coasters!
    Davemon50

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Eleiyas@ASUS View Post
    Might sound weird, but what about a machine geared towards audiophiles and music producers?

- Ultra high speed, high capacity SSDs

- Best speakers and audio you can possibly fabricate

- Giant screen

- MIDI port

- support for 7.1 dolby surround output.
    I think it's a good idea, however I don't think there's high enough demand in the industry for something like this. For a brand perspective this would be great way to really increase our position in creating professional hardware for the professional audiophiles and producers. Resources are always scarce so businesses will try to find areas where it makes the most sense to invest in and where there's lots of room to grow. All new potential segments
    must have high interest level but you always want to target those markets where there is less competition and where demand exceeds supply.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by davemon50 View Post
    I'd like to see ROG Velcro or other wide format cable straps included with ROG motherboards and/or accessories (mouse, KB, etc), for cable management from the case. Perhaps cable provided for the interior of the case for case wiring can also be a thin format tie with ROG striping or logo on it as well. Hey, we already have the coasters!
    I think we're just afraid to offer additional extra little things like that because the additional costs goes into the price and most people who build their own system or mod their system are likely going to buy their own matching color theme cable straps. For the Velcro straps for ROG peripheral products, I believe we already provide them with this as I remember getting one inside the Gladius I. Overall it's a good idea, in the end it's all about those little detail things that can really impress someone.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nate152 View Post
    This has been brought up by a few others before and I think there's definitely demand for ROG M.2 SSD heatsinks. Since we don't sell other additional cooling parts, it would make sense that another partner who specializes in cooling to offer some ROG theme M.2 SSD heatsinks. I would also think a lot people with the deign skills and engineering skills would be able custom create something really cool. I think 3D printing looks like the best bet for this idea.

Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast