Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Julskey's Avatar

How about re-engineering the touch pad to eliminate the need for an external mouse. I would really like a touchpad placed at the right side of the laptop (under the numpad). Two switches placed on the top right (instead of the bottom of the touchpad) for the left and right click buttons (using the index and middle fingers respectively), While using your thumb to .control the cursor movement. Further, the touch pad would have to be customizable to have it function like a trackball or like a joystick with programmable pointer speed depending on the movement and pressure of your thumb.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matteo_50mmCasemods View Post
    So, time to get into this topic as well

I currently don't have time to read through all 10 pages so i want to bring in some ideas first (maybe someone already had these but as i said, will read the whole thread later).

As one of the few people who had the chance to be part of the interview at the "Outshine the Competition" Event, i noticed that most of us were looking for modular, high-end, silent watercooled setups. I also love the idea of creating a line-up of ROG cases or working together with other manufacturers (like Parvum).

But there could be problems with the modularity, since there are people who don't want to maintain a water cooling loop once or twice a year or have the knowledge to take it apart for hardware change, especially when it comes to rigid tubing. My idea is not only to work together with case maufacturers creating cases with integrated liquid cooling but also to work with water cooling manufacturers designing an ROG line up of water cooling parts. On the hardware part this includes preinstalled blocks like the Poseidon or Maximus Extreme, maybe make Poseidon a much bigger series, also offering mainboards for example. On the cooling side i'd like to have ROG themed radiators, reservoirs, or even fittings with a small ROG logo on it.

Another thing are cables. If people can configure their Dream Machine, they should be able to customize their cables as well. There are already some manufacturers who offer cable kits for some PSUs. But wouldn't it be much better to choose the pattern yourself? I know some people who do this, but it costs alot of money and everyone who ever sleeved a whole build by hand understands the prices people ask for these hand made sets, also it takes a while til you receive your cables. This option should would be great imho, even if you pay extra, people who want their Dream Machine will pay for this premium part.

I'll add some more ideas later
    Thanks, Matteo

Ex-employee Array

I know it's a slow period during this time but keep the ideas coming!

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array davemon50 PC Specs
    davemon50 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY-DH72 (17") and Asus G752VT-DH74 (17")
    MotherboardAsus ROG LGA2011-v3 Rampage V Edition 10, x99 EATX
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6950X Extreme 10-core 25MB Cache 3.0 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX Red DDR4 DRAM 64GB-4x16 3333 (CMK64GX4M4B3333C16R)
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Graphics Card #2Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX Hi-Fi Audio DAC
    Monitor(2) Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25-inch monitors
    Storage #1(3) SSD's - Samsung 960 1TB M.2, Intel 535 480G, Intel 510 250G
    Storage #2(3) HDD's - Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5-in SATA III 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H80
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 650D Black, ATX, Mid Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair Digital AXi-Series AX1200i (1200W) 80+ Platinum Rating
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless K360
    Mouse Logitech Wireless MX Anywhere 2
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

There are two things I'd like to see ergonomically, and a third thing I'd like to see as an optional purchase accessory:

1. First, a little bit of enhancement for the mounting of the embedded camera on the laptops. I'm tired of having to swing the laptop monitor to an uncomfortable or less usable angle in order to get the video subject (me, or a group of us on Skype, or something else, etc) in the right position to center or however else I want to show it. The cameras are always fixed in position and seem to never line up where I want it. I see this question posed all the time on the internet for people like me who are annoyed by this. So.....how about embedding the camera eye into an actual eyeball mount, similar to a lamp/light housing meant to be an adjustable spotlight for example. The camera's eyeball mount should be flush to the bezzle/frame of the laptop so that the laptop obviously closes properly, and so the camera cannot be damaged. In order to do this you may need to install something like a touch latch that you depress to gain access to the camera position, or perhaps on the side of the camera a depressable piece of the bezel to get your finger access to the camera (the depressable piece would be similar to a hairclip, for example).

In either case, you should be able to adjust the camera in any rotation of the 3 primary axes within a reasonable angle, say 20 degrees.

2. Second, I agree with the recent poster above that the touchpad could use some enhancement. I am a gamer, but also do a lot of wordprocessing and spreadsheeting when being productive. The desktop is in an office environment, but when I'm being productive on a gaming laptop it's frequently not in a location where I can use good "hand posture". So I'm constantly getting interference from the touchpad when I type and use the mouse. I also opt for the touchpad once in a while. Now I know about the software to turn it off when the mouse is plugged in. I do use this software. However, I have found this method historically to be a pain, no matter what the software is. It either doesn't work consistently, or I have to keep opening it up to change options, or a Windows update breaks it, or something else.

The solution is easy. Why can't we just forego the software option and have a very simple switch right at the touchpad to turn it on or off. Cut an electrical connection, that simple. Provide some resistance to the switch, or a clicking end position such that you cannot accidentally slide it while you're typing. Alternately I suppose you could provide a function key / software switch, but I like the physical feedback of being able to see the switch position and know it's off or on.

At first I thought a sliding cover would work, so you could just close off the touchpad when not in use, but after more thought I know that would either just break, or rattle, or be difficult to use. Also probably more expensive to manufacture and would have to be thin (i.e. flimsy) in order to keep the surface flush with it installed. So I like the switch idea above a bit better for those reasons.

3. The optional thing I'd like to see is an ROG accessory kit case for my laptop. Nothing fancy, but a nice thin profile case to put in my wires and transformer, mouse, a couple USB drives, etc. In so many other hobbies, you see custom cases as well as simple cases for such items, so why do I need to shove all this stuff into inappropriately sized pockets of a bag when I move the laptop around? This is ROG, so it can have a nice ROG logo on it. The inside can have premolded insert areas to keep things where they're supposed to be, and if you wanted to take the idea further it could be felt lined inside instead of just hard plastic mold.

Anyway that's all I got for now. Thanks for entertaining the ideas.
    Last edited by davemon50; 05-31-2017 at 02:16 PM.
    Davemon50

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by davemon50 View Post
    There are two things I'd like to see ergonomically, and a third thing I'd like to see as an optional purchase accessory:

1. First, a little bit of enhancement for the mounting of the embedded camera on the laptops. I'm tired of having to swing the laptop monitor to an uncomfortable or less usable angle in order to get the video subject (me, or a group of us on Skype, or something else, etc) in the right position to center or however else I want to show it. The cameras are always fixed in position and seem to never line up where I want it. I see this question posed all the time on the internet for people like me who are annoyed by this. So.....how about embedding the camera eye into an actual eyeball mount, similar to a lamp/light housing meant to be an adjustable spotlight for example. The camera's eyeball mount should be flush to the bezzle/frame of the laptop so that the laptop obviously closes properly, and so the camera cannot be damaged. In order to do this you may need to install something like a touch latch that you depress to gain access to the camera position, or perhaps on the side of the camera a depressable piece of the bezel to get your finger access to the camera (the depressable piece would be similar to a hairclip, for example).

In either case, you should be able to adjust the camera in any rotation of the 3 primary axes within a reasonable angle, say 20 degrees.

2. Second, I agree with the recent poster above that the touchpad could use some enhancement. I am a gamer, but also do a lot of wordprocessing and spreadsheeting when being productive. The desktop is in an office environment, but when I'm being productive on a gaming laptop it's frequently not in a location where I can use good "hand posture". So I'm constantly getting interference from the touchpad when I type and use the mouse. I also opt for the touchpad once in a while. Now I know about the software to turn it off when the mouse is plugged in. I do use this software. However, I have found this method historically to be a pain, no matter what the software is. It either doesn't work consistently, or I have to keep opening it up to change options, or a Windows update breaks it, or something else.

The solution is easy. Why can't we just forego the software option and have a very simple switch right at the touchpad to turn it on or off. Cut an electrical connection, that simple. Provide some resistance to the switch, or a clicking end position such that you cannot accidentally slide it while you're typing. Alternately I suppose you could provide a function key / software switch, but I like the physical feedback of being able to see the switch position and know it's off or on.

At first I thought a sliding cover would work, so you could just close off the touchpad when not in use, but after more thought I know that would either just break, or rattle, or be difficult to use. Also probably more expensive to manufacture and would have to be thin (i.e. flimsy) in order to keep the surface flush with it installed. So I like the switch idea above a bit better for those reasons.

3. The optional thing I'd like to see is an ROG accessory kit case for my laptop. Nothing fancy, but a nice thin profile case to put in my wires and transformer, mouse, a couple USB drives, etc. In so many other hobbies, you see custom cases as well as simple cases for such items, so why do I need to shove all this stuff into inappropriately sized pockets of a bag when I move the laptop around? This is ROG, so it can have a nice ROG logo on it. The inside can have premolded insert areas to keep things where they're supposed to be, and if you wanted to take the idea further it could be felt lined inside instead of just hard plastic mold.

Anyway that's all I got for now. Thanks for entertaining the ideas.
    I love your ideas Dave, all points are concise and well thought out. Thanks for sharing.

ROG Member Array JurunceNK PC Specs
    JurunceNK PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG G75VW-DS73-3D (no longer used)
    MotherboardAsus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz 6-core CPU (overclocked)
    Memory (part number)CMD32GX4M4C3200C14M
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB OC
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX Hi-Fi 5.25 USB DAC/Amp Combo
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p CAD/CAM VA panel
    Storage #1PNY CS1311 480GB 2.5" SSD
    Storage #2Western Digital Red 3TB 3.5" 5400 RPM HDD
    CPU CoolerCM MasterLiquid Pro 240 CLC + 2x NB-BSPro PL-2's
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i w/ Black and Blue CableMod cables
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2016
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Mouse
    Headset Sennheiser HD 598 SE
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Mat
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Accessory #1 Satan's Messenger (Condenser Microphone SF-666) (Basic trash)
    Accessory #2 Wacom Intuos 3 6" x 8" Tablet
    Accessory #3 Logitech C922x Pro Stream 720p 60 FPS Webcam

Holy crap it's been a while since I last visited But anyways, some monitor ideas I may want to share.

1) For the 4K displays, what I'd like to see are some 32-inch models, since 4K resolution at 27 inches already has an insane pixel density, and 32 inches, though the density is still high, makes up for it. I've seen some 4K displays at my local electronics store (and one as small as 24 inches) and with small monitors less than 27 inches, everything becomes too small. At 32 inches, it should be better. I've seen complaints elsewhere about 4K monitors in general, with the most popular models of 4K displays outside of the ROG stack. The most prevalent complaint (I think people will know the recurring theme here in this first item) is the pixel density being way too high, and we all know that scaling in Windows can get finicky above a certain percentage (I'm not sure when this problem starts, so you can inform me on this one)

Overall, I think having some ROG-branded 32-inch 4K displays (especially ones with the 144 Hz refresh rate, quantum-dot, HDR, and everything in the upcoming ROG Swift PG27UQ (Imagine a ROG Swift PG32UQ - the big brother to the 27-inch variant)). I would also assume that people would have the desk space to even fit a 32-inch display, no problem, as I was able to fit a 32-inch 1440p display on my setup, and it is fantastic.

2) I would also like to see additional monitors with the latest and greatest features, but at lower resolutions as well for those who don't have the GPU horsepower to run 4K or 1440p ultrawide at 200 Hz (The PG35VQ is one hell of a monitor, but I still like the PG27UQ). Monitors at 1080p (16:9 and 21:9) and 1440p (16:9) with high refresh rates (165 Hz - 140 Hz) with G-Sync / FreeSync, HDR, Quantum Dot, etc.
    --------
    Other than that, I really don't have any other ideas to share for any ROG products, as I am still satisfied with my own ROG products, and with all the ROG products in general. Plus I appreciate other people's ideas; I think they're good and worth considering. I recently upgraded my GPU to the ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti 11GB OC, and I cannot be any happier with that purchase!
    "Assuming kills" - Anonymous

Intel Core i7-5930K | Custom Loop | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
    Corsair Dominator SE 4x8GB | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair 900D
    Corsair AX1200i | Windows 10 Pro

New ROGer Array

Ideas for ASUS ROG

The following are a few ideas for ASUS ROG to adopt or not. I would be happy to provide more and work with ASUS ROG on developing new creative ideas. I am a 35-year old recreational gamer who came up playing Amiga computer games in the 1980s and consoles beginning with Nintendo. I prefer PC gaming as it provides the best technology to gamers who love partaking in the building their own PCS. I love ASUS ROG products and the ASUS ROG aesthetic. However, I think more can be done to allow ASUS ROG to continue domination in the PC/DIY/enthusiast market. I also think ASUS ROG needs to remember to cater to the occasional weekend gamer, who is not a professional. I think internal research would show that a large portion of ASUS ROG consumers are weekend warriors PC gamers who have to work during the week. I mention this because I would like ASUS ROG to also think about product lines not just geared to strictly professional gamers and professional overclockers. This thread, boiled down to the purest form, is about ASUS ROG gaining more market share and edging out the competition.

(1) ASUS ROG needs to team up with Harmon/Kardon to offer high-end gaming audio systems for enthusiast desktop systems. Harmon is doing nothing new with PC speakers aside from the Sound Sticks. ASUS ROG is all over monitors and headsets. Why is ROG not doing anything with desktop speakers? A joint venture with Harmon/Kardon is going to blend the magic eye with a high-end name that is synonymous with audio quality. ASUS ROG Harmon Kardon 2.1 and 5.1 speakers would allow ASUS ROG to dominate another peripheral. ASUS should also integrate Harmon Kardon speakers into gaming notebooks. ASUS really needs to step it up with notebook audio quality.

(2) As noted above, ASUS ROG has the magic eye. Gamers gravitate to this symbol and want anything with the ROG eye. ASUS knowingly or unwittingly tapped into a powerful symbol that has its own aesthetic/psychological pull. With that, ASUS ROG needs to develop their own clothing line. High quality ASUS ROG clothing will go right along with high quality ASUS ROG gaming messenger bags and backpacks. Gamers want to plaster the eye everywhere - give it to them.

(3) Along with the above-stated clothing idea, ASUS ROG needs to develop gaming chairs and portable gaming rockers. I recently purchased no-name, but quality floor recliner so I could take it over to my buddies house when I bring my laptop over. These portable rockers can have pockets and storage areas to house peripherals such as laptop power bricks and headphones and the like. The rocker can act as it's own transportation storage.
    Regarding office chairs, I have a memory foam office chair that I love while gaming on my desktop. ROG needs to get into the gaming chair market. Again, making high quality memory foam gaming chairs is just going to offer enthusiasts another thing to buy that has the magic eye on it.

(4) ASUS ROG must improve screen quality on monitors and laptops. Backlight bleeding on ASUS ROG displays is horrendous and unacceptable. ASUS ROG quality assurance is hugely lacking in this department. I imagine if ASUS did an internal audit they would find that they are losing thousands and thousands of dollars in dealing with returned displays. This quality assurance in this area needs to be addressed now. This is my biggest issue with ASUS ROG products. I recently shelled out a lot of cash to purchase a G701VI-XS72K. I RMA'd it three times to the vendor to have to have three replacements come back with just as bad backlight bleeding. I am currently dealing with my second RMA directly to ASUS. With the first RMA, ASUS allegedly replaced the screen, but sent it back without addressing the backlight bleeding. I imagine ASUS should have just given me a different unit as replacing the display did nothing to address the backlight bleeding. I currently own a PG278Q monitor for my desktop. I had the same issue when I bought it in 2015. I had to RMA it four times to the vendor before I got one with minimal backlight bleeding. ASUS ROG really needs to step up into OLED displays and improve quality assurance with testing displays before they are sent out to market. I have no idea why ASUS keeps manufacturing and peddling poorly constructed displays with terrible backlight bleeding. I understand that some backlight bleeding and IPS glow cannot be avoided. I am talking about significant backlight bleeding that really ruins overall image quality. I know I am far from alone with this sentiment.

(6) ASUS ROG needs to take a page from EVGA in terms of product phone support, warranty, and step-up program. Really nothing more needs to be said regarding that. EVGA has superior phone support, warranty, and their step-up program is just awesome. If ROG made these changes, how many more EVGA loyalists would come over? I imagine quite a few. And its just good business.

I have other ideas, but those are a few general ideas in terms of new products and a change in business practices that I know would go a long way to increase customer satisfaction and increase market share. Isn't that what its all about?

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Korth PC Specs
    Korth PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X99 R5E (BIOS2101/1902)
    ProcessorHaswell-EP E5-1680-3 SR20H/R2 (4.4GHz)
    Memory (part number)Vengeance LPX 4x8GB SS DDR4-3000 (CMK32GX4M4C3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Sound CardJDS Labs O2+ODAC (RevB), USB2 UAC1
    MonitorASUS PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSDs, 4xSATA3 RAID0
    Storage #2Comay BladeDrive E28 3200GB SSD, 8xPCIe2
    CPU CoolerRaijintek NEMESIS/TISIS, AS5, 2xNH-A14
    CaseObsidian 750D (original), 6xNH-A14
    Power SupplyZalman/FSP ZM1250 Platinum
    Headset Pilot P51 PTT *modded*
    OS Arch, Gentoo, Win7x64, Win10x64
    Network RouterActiontec T3200M VDSL2 Gateway
    Accessory #1 TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9E, 1xPCIe
    Accessory #2 ASUS/Infineon SLB9635 TPM (TT1.2/FW3.19)
    Accessory #3 ASUS OC Panel I (FW0501)

Just a small suggestion ...

The pages for each ASUS/ROG motherboard should explicitly list out (and link to) every ASUS/ROG accessory which is compatible ... graphic cards, sound cards, and gaming peripherals, of course ... but more specifically: SLI bridges, OC panel type stuff, TPM type stuff, etc. Basically, if the motherboard has a plug or slot or port (like ROG_EXT) which is meant to accommodate specific hardware then it should link to the pages for that hardware. Please don't force end-users to research through forums just to find stuff like which slot-spacing is needed for their SLI bridges, etc, lol, other mobo makers make these sorts of things easy so you don't want to force customers onto a harder path.

- how about implement more M.2 slots?

- or pcie card expansions to add a few more on it? ( maby in the higher tier boards? )

- on the server boards, maby you guys could hit up LSI and maby work with them to implement some of their raid options on the mobos? like their software ( this for controlling blocks for error on hdd's ) and HW raid? and maby add an doption to use the ram for cache for the raid option?
    as long as the price dont sky rocket that is ( i know it not a ROG board but just getting it out there ). ( thinking NAS options here )

- on the raid, i would sugest using 6gig port connectors for the cables ( sff8087 -> https://www.ayagroup.com/images/D/C-SFF8087-4S_l.jpg ), i have 12gig cables on my rig and i could not get ahold of them in the country where i live, so i had to get some one else to get ahold of 2 for me.

- the M.2 drives NEED a place so that they dont stay covered so a fan can be easely placed to cool it down ( alpha and omega ), after i placed a fan close to it so the cair goes across it the temps droped loads ( x99 strix board ) and it have not trotled my machine after that.

- get bether mic amp, even using the xonar card i have to boost my mic so ppl can hear me.

- on dual gpu setup, we need more space between the cards, how about if a board have 3 pcie 16x slots, you can use top and bottom if dual cards and all 3 if tripple cards?
    i know of 3 card setup it will be hot, but majority do 2 cards, hence i sugest top and botom slot ( if 3 pciex slots ) or 1 and 3 slot on quad slot's boards.

- on the next upcoming monitors, maby implement some sort of light behind the monitor so it becomes bether to look at when gaming in dark rooms? ( preferable RGB option and dimmable light ), this is an option i have missed for years TBH, as of now i just use led strips behind it and my eyes dont have to "work" that hard to look at the monitors. ( so to say ). ( stole the pic from interwebz -> https://i.ytimg.com/vi/WqfP96HmpJA/hqdefault.jpg ) here you can see what i mean.

- on gaming boards, why not use SFF8087 on where the U.2 port is? ( its lower then the U.2 port its( and yes i know its slower but stil ) ) since the drive for it is too expensive compare to a M.2 port, and im thinking more in the line for the use for sata drives. or just make an addon card ( if that would be an option ) to have the option to add more drives ( this would eliminate raid if done on expansion ). ( this for NAS option im thniking of )

- how about start to use bether lan ports with more options to update it? ( lan driver is self from intel ) i had problems finding drivers on my m5f mobo for updating and intel was not suporting it.

- how about making the aisuite more able to controll the fans? even voltage setings option so ppl can contrll the noise of the fans? or even connect temp probes on it and controll the fans ( voltage ) by temptrature?

- on the rog front bay, you could make a software so it could be controlled in windows if not in game for ex, or it can controll fans on the mobo on the fly tru the software or the other way around ( take a look at aquacomputer's fan controller here to see what i mean ), i controlled my fans and pump speeds by temp from probes in my system with it, the more heat it was the more fans ramped up, the more heat in the waterloop the higher the pump speed did go ( to move hot coolant around ), and the oposite when idle/cold.

- mouse, i have large hands, and me my self would not mind a mouse witch i could make so it would fit in my palm, this the R.A.T 5 mouse was ace for, it was smooth and perfect, and it had weight's you could add to it. and not to say smoother glide pads on it. i have the G502 now and it drags, less steady aim compare to the rat i had. https://seriousseverity.files.wordpr...rat7adjust.jpg
    it even had DPI change on the fly and easy acces to the buttons.

- headset, how about 5.1 or 7.1 ( wired not non wired!! ) ? try it for your self in game and you will not go back to stereo ( imaginery surround will not beat tru surround on this )

- the mini jack microphone in need more power on the motherboards, its a pita that i have to boost the mic in windows it self and when i do that ppl will start to hear "static" sounds sorta when doing so. ( know ive posted it higher up )

i could write more if my head wasnt spinning around at 3am here from been over tired hehe.
    and yeah i know ive typed things you guys have released ( headset and what not ).

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by JurunceNK View Post
    Holy crap it's been a while since I last visited But anyways, some monitor ideas I may want to share.

1) For the 4K displays, what I'd like to see are some 32-inch models, since 4K resolution at 27 inches already has an insane pixel density, and 32 inches, though the density is still high, makes up for it. I've seen some 4K displays at my local electronics store (and one as small as 24 inches) and with small monitors less than 27 inches, everything becomes too small. At 32 inches, it should be better. I've seen complaints elsewhere about 4K monitors in general, with the most popular models of 4K displays outside of the ROG stack. The most prevalent complaint (I think people will know the recurring theme here in this first item) is the pixel density being way too high, and we all know that scaling in Windows can get finicky above a certain percentage (I'm not sure when this problem starts, so you can inform me on this one)

Overall, I think having some ROG-branded 32-inch 4K displays (especially ones with the 144 Hz refresh rate, quantum-dot, HDR, and everything in the upcoming ROG Swift PG27UQ (Imagine a ROG Swift PG32UQ - the big brother to the 27-inch variant)). I would also assume that people would have the desk space to even fit a 32-inch display, no problem, as I was able to fit a 32-inch 1440p display on my setup, and it is fantastic.

2) I would also like to see additional monitors with the latest and greatest features, but at lower resolutions as well for those who don't have the GPU horsepower to run 4K or 1440p ultrawide at 200 Hz (The PG35VQ is one hell of a monitor, but I still like the PG27UQ). Monitors at 1080p (16:9 and 21:9) and 1440p (16:9) with high refresh rates (165 Hz - 140 Hz) with G-Sync / FreeSync, HDR, Quantum Dot, etc.
    --------
    Other than that, I really don't have any other ideas to share for any ROG products, as I am still satisfied with my own ROG products, and with all the ROG products in general. Plus I appreciate other people's ideas; I think they're good and worth considering. I recently upgraded my GPU to the ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti 11GB OC, and I cannot be any happier with that purchase!
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. I would be more worried with the larger panels having issues with BLB and most people would obviously be expecting IPS or OLED panels, both have some limitations and issues of their own and curved panels are more susceptible to BLB. OLED panels are of course still too expensive to manufacture although they're awesome but imo the technology still isn't at the point where they're optimized for all situational use. The higher the specs, the higher chances for issues to arise, especially when some of the panels need to be overclocked to reach certain refresh rates. And yes, I do hope something along the lines of what you mentioned will be available soon, it seems we shouldn't be too far away from that.

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast