Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by TwoActual View Post
    The following are a few ideas for ASUS ROG to adopt or not. I would be happy to provide more and work with ASUS ROG on developing new creative ideas. I am a 35-year old recreational gamer who came up playing Amiga computer games in the 1980s and consoles beginning with Nintendo. I prefer PC gaming as it provides the best technology to gamers who love partaking in the building their own PCS. I love ASUS ROG products and the ASUS ROG aesthetic. However, I think more can be done to allow ASUS ROG to continue domination in the PC/DIY/enthusiast market. I also think ASUS ROG needs to remember to cater to the occasional weekend gamer, who is not a professional. I think internal research would show that a large portion of ASUS ROG consumers are weekend warriors PC gamers who have to work during the week. I mention this because I would like ASUS ROG to also think about product lines not just geared to strictly professional gamers and professional overclockers. This thread, boiled down to the purest form, is about ASUS ROG gaining more market share and edging out the competition.

(1) ASUS ROG needs to team up with Harmon/Kardon to offer high-end gaming audio systems for enthusiast desktop systems. Harmon is doing nothing new with PC speakers aside from the Sound Sticks. ASUS ROG is all over monitors and headsets. Why is ROG not doing anything with desktop speakers? A joint venture with Harmon/Kardon is going to blend the magic eye with a high-end name that is synonymous with audio quality. ASUS ROG Harmon Kardon 2.1 and 5.1 speakers would allow ASUS ROG to dominate another peripheral. ASUS should also integrate Harmon Kardon speakers into gaming notebooks. ASUS really needs to step it up with notebook audio quality.

(2) As noted above, ASUS ROG has the magic eye. Gamers gravitate to this symbol and want anything with the ROG eye. ASUS knowingly or unwittingly tapped into a powerful symbol that has its own aesthetic/psychological pull. With that, ASUS ROG needs to develop their own clothing line. High quality ASUS ROG clothing will go right along with high quality ASUS ROG gaming messenger bags and backpacks. Gamers want to plaster the eye everywhere - give it to them.

(3) Along with the above-stated clothing idea, ASUS ROG needs to develop gaming chairs and portable gaming rockers. I recently purchased no-name, but quality floor recliner so I could take it over to my buddies house when I bring my laptop over. These portable rockers can have pockets and storage areas to house peripherals such as laptop power bricks and headphones and the like. The rocker can act as it's own transportation storage.
    Regarding office chairs, I have a memory foam office chair that I love while gaming on my desktop. ROG needs to get into the gaming chair market. Again, making high quality memory foam gaming chairs is just going to offer enthusiasts another thing to buy that has the magic eye on it.

(4) ASUS ROG must improve screen quality on monitors and laptops. Backlight bleeding on ASUS ROG displays is horrendous and unacceptable. ASUS ROG quality assurance is hugely lacking in this department. I imagine if ASUS did an internal audit they would find that they are losing thousands and thousands of dollars in dealing with returned displays. This quality assurance in this area needs to be addressed now. This is my biggest issue with ASUS ROG products. I recently shelled out a lot of cash to purchase a G701VI-XS72K. I RMA'd it three times to the vendor to have to have three replacements come back with just as bad backlight bleeding. I am currently dealing with my second RMA directly to ASUS. With the first RMA, ASUS allegedly replaced the screen, but sent it back without addressing the backlight bleeding. I imagine ASUS should have just given me a different unit as replacing the display did nothing to address the backlight bleeding. I currently own a PG278Q monitor for my desktop. I had the same issue when I bought it in 2015. I had to RMA it four times to the vendor before I got one with minimal backlight bleeding. ASUS ROG really needs to step up into OLED displays and improve quality assurance with testing displays before they are sent out to market. I have no idea why ASUS keeps manufacturing and peddling poorly constructed displays with terrible backlight bleeding. I understand that some backlight bleeding and IPS glow cannot be avoided. I am talking about significant backlight bleeding that really ruins overall image quality. I know I am far from alone with this sentiment.

(6) ASUS ROG needs to take a page from EVGA in terms of product phone support, warranty, and step-up program. Really nothing more needs to be said regarding that. EVGA has superior phone support, warranty, and their step-up program is just awesome. If ROG made these changes, how many more EVGA loyalists would come over? I imagine quite a few. And its just good business.

I have other ideas, but those are a few general ideas in terms of new products and a change in business practices that I know would go a long way to increase customer satisfaction and increase market share. Isn't that what its all about?
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I'm very much a recreational gamer like yourself, I have become that in the past few years due to work taking up most of my time so I totally agree with you that there that are a lot of us out there and we should definitely be a key target audience. For any cooperation there are always many good choices out there, in the end it's really if there's a opportunity that fits for both companies but thank you sharing your insights for this part. Gaming chairs are very common but I'm a little surprised to hear about gaming rockers as I haven't heard or seen too much of those. Gaming chair business is booming a bit too fast and it's becoming a competitive market. I know quite a few people who just customized their own chairs with ROG logo, we also have some here in the office. For the QC part I've been involved in all of that and I can tell you there has been always ongoing efforts to keep improving in that area but for the certain models with severe BLB problems, it's really those certain panels that have that problem. I mentioned before in the related threads that from the factory some panels passed all checks but some of those issues showed up later. A lot of users that had severe BLB issues also updated later that after using for a period of time that majority of the BLB disappeared. Regarding the step-up program, it's a very high resource required program, it's something that can't be offered at a global scale so would only benefit mostly those living in NA.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by Korth View Post
    Just a small suggestion ...

The pages for each ASUS/ROG motherboard should explicitly list out (and link to) every ASUS/ROG accessory which is compatible ... graphic cards, sound cards, and gaming peripherals, of course ... but more specifically: SLI bridges, OC panel type stuff, TPM type stuff, etc. Basically, if the motherboard has a plug or slot or port (like ROG_EXT) which is meant to accommodate specific hardware then it should link to the pages for that hardware. Please don't force end-users to research through forums just to find stuff like which slot-spacing is needed for their SLI bridges, etc, lol, other mobo makers make these sorts of things easy so you don't want to force customers onto a harder path.
    Thanks Korth, I'll pass your feedback along.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by kkn View Post
    - how about implement more M.2 slots?

- or pcie card expansions to add a few more on it? ( maby in the higher tier boards? )

- on the server boards, maby you guys could hit up LSI and maby work with them to implement some of their raid options on the mobos? like their software ( this for controlling blocks for error on hdd's ) and HW raid? and maby add an doption to use the ram for cache for the raid option?
    as long as the price dont sky rocket that is ( i know it not a ROG board but just getting it out there ). ( thinking NAS options here )

- on the raid, i would sugest using 6gig port connectors for the cables ( sff8087 -> https://www.ayagroup.com/images/D/C-SFF8087-4S_l.jpg ), i have 12gig cables on my rig and i could not get ahold of them in the country where i live, so i had to get some one else to get ahold of 2 for me.

- the M.2 drives NEED a place so that they dont stay covered so a fan can be easely placed to cool it down ( alpha and omega ), after i placed a fan close to it so the cair goes across it the temps droped loads ( x99 strix board ) and it have not trotled my machine after that.

- get bether mic amp, even using the xonar card i have to boost my mic so ppl can hear me.

- on dual gpu setup, we need more space between the cards, how about if a board have 3 pcie 16x slots, you can use top and bottom if dual cards and all 3 if tripple cards?
    i know of 3 card setup it will be hot, but majority do 2 cards, hence i sugest top and botom slot ( if 3 pciex slots ) or 1 and 3 slot on quad slot's boards.

- on the next upcoming monitors, maby implement some sort of light behind the monitor so it becomes bether to look at when gaming in dark rooms? ( preferable RGB option and dimmable light ), this is an option i have missed for years TBH, as of now i just use led strips behind it and my eyes dont have to "work" that hard to look at the monitors. ( so to say ). ( stole the pic from interwebz -> https://i.ytimg.com/vi/WqfP96HmpJA/hqdefault.jpg ) here you can see what i mean.

- on gaming boards, why not use SFF8087 on where the U.2 port is? ( its lower then the U.2 port its( and yes i know its slower but stil ) ) since the drive for it is too expensive compare to a M.2 port, and im thinking more in the line for the use for sata drives. or just make an addon card ( if that would be an option ) to have the option to add more drives ( this would eliminate raid if done on expansion ). ( this for NAS option im thniking of )

- how about start to use bether lan ports with more options to update it? ( lan driver is self from intel ) i had problems finding drivers on my m5f mobo for updating and intel was not suporting it.

- how about making the aisuite more able to controll the fans? even voltage setings option so ppl can contrll the noise of the fans? or even connect temp probes on it and controll the fans ( voltage ) by temptrature?

- on the rog front bay, you could make a software so it could be controlled in windows if not in game for ex, or it can controll fans on the mobo on the fly tru the software or the other way around ( take a look at aquacomputer's fan controller here to see what i mean ), i controlled my fans and pump speeds by temp from probes in my system with it, the more heat it was the more fans ramped up, the more heat in the waterloop the higher the pump speed did go ( to move hot coolant around ), and the oposite when idle/cold.

- mouse, i have large hands, and me my self would not mind a mouse witch i could make so it would fit in my palm, this the R.A.T 5 mouse was ace for, it was smooth and perfect, and it had weight's you could add to it. and not to say smoother glide pads on it. i have the G502 now and it drags, less steady aim compare to the rat i had. https://seriousseverity.files.wordpr...rat7adjust.jpg
    it even had DPI change on the fly and easy acces to the buttons.

- headset, how about 5.1 or 7.1 ( wired not non wired!! ) ? try it for your self in game and you will not go back to stereo ( imaginery surround will not beat tru surround on this )

- the mini jack microphone in need more power on the motherboards, its a pita that i have to boost the mic in windows it self and when i do that ppl will start to hear "static" sounds sorta when doing so. ( know ive posted it higher up )

i could write more if my head wasnt spinning around at 3am here from been over tired hehe.
    and yeah i know ive typed things you guys have released ( headset and what not ).
    Thanks for your feedback, a lot of it are the really detailed things and it's great to have your input in these areas. Cheers.

ROG Member Array JurunceNK PC Specs
    JurunceNK PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG G75VW-DS73-3D (no longer used)
    MotherboardAsus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz 6-core CPU (overclocked)
    Memory (part number)CMD32GX4M4C3200C14M
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB OC
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX Hi-Fi 5.25 USB DAC/Amp Combo
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p CAD/CAM VA panel
    Storage #1PNY CS1311 480GB 2.5" SSD
    Storage #2Western Digital Red 3TB 3.5" 5400 RPM HDD
    CPU CoolerCM MasterLiquid Pro 240 CLC + 2x NB-BSPro PL-2's
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1200i w/ Black and Blue CableMod cables
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2016
    Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB Mouse
    Headset Sennheiser HD 598 SE
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Mat
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Accessory #1 Satan's Messenger (Condenser Microphone SF-666) (Basic trash)
    Accessory #2 Wacom Intuos 3 6" x 8" Tablet
    Accessory #3 Logitech C922x Pro Stream 720p 60 FPS Webcam

Just wanted to add this small tidbit (or rather a small suggestion for a certain motherboard). For the Zenith Extreme, I was thinking it could share the same huge plate that is found on the Rampage VI Extreme. That would be really cool if the upcoming Zenith Extreme had that RGB plate rather than the chipset heatsink it currently sports

EDIT: I also finally thought up of an idea as well! How about creating something that brings Aura lighting to the desktop setup for people to really expand the Aura ecosystem beyond components and peripherals, and bring that to lighting of the desks itself, and act as a USB hub (for connecting USB devices, one for charging). My idea of how it works and how what it has is:

-2 RGB 5050 headers (2 normal, 2 addressable) to hook up various RGB strips. They should also provide sufficient power to power RGB strips with excessive lengths/LED counts.

-4 USB 3.1 Gen.1 Type A ports, 1 USB 3.1 Gen.1 Type B port (to hook up the device to the computer), 1 SD Card port (for people who use DSLR cameras who need something to extract all the videos/pictures) and two USB ports (one Type A and Type C) for charging smartphones and tablets that charges via USB Type C.

-This device is hooked up via USB 3.1 Gen.1 Type B (for data transfer and Aura Sync capabilities), and is powered by a power adapter able to provide enough power to charge smartphones and tablets (USB Type C being compliant with the BC 1.1 specification) and power the entire device itself for it to even remotely function at all.

-The device is able to interface with the Aura software, and is compatible with advanced lighting effects (such as yo-yo or rainbow) with addressable RGB strips.
    Last edited by JurunceNK; 06-05-2017 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Added a USB/RGB hub idea
    "Assuming kills" - Anonymous

Intel Core i7-5930K | Custom Loop | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
    Corsair Dominator SE 4x8GB | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair 900D
    Corsair AX1200i | Windows 10 Pro

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by JurunceNK View Post
    Just wanted to add this small tidbit (or rather a small suggestion for a certain motherboard). For the Zenith Extreme, I was thinking it could share the same huge plate that is found on the Rampage VI Extreme. That would be really cool if the upcoming Zenith Extreme had that RGB plate rather than the chipset heatsink it currently sports

EDIT: I also finally thought up of an idea as well! How about creating something that brings Aura lighting to the desktop setup for people to really expand the Aura ecosystem beyond components and peripherals, and bring that to lighting of the desks itself, and act as a USB hub (for connecting USB devices, one for charging). My idea of how it works and how what it has is:

-2 RGB 5050 headers (2 normal, 2 addressable) to hook up various RGB strips. They should also provide sufficient power to power RGB strips with excessive lengths/LED counts.

-4 USB 3.1 Gen.1 Type A ports, 1 USB 3.1 Gen.1 Type B port (to hook up the device to the computer), 1 SD Card port (for people who use DSLR cameras who need something to extract all the videos/pictures) and two USB ports (one Type A and Type C) for charging smartphones and tablets that charges via USB Type C.

-This device is hooked up via USB 3.1 Gen.1 Type B (for data transfer and Aura Sync capabilities), and is powered by a power adapter able to provide enough power to charge smartphones and tablets (USB Type C being compliant with the BC 1.1 specification) and power the entire device itself for it to even remotely function at all.

-The device is able to interface with the Aura software, and is compatible with advanced lighting effects (such as yo-yo or rainbow) with addressable RGB strips.
    Thanks for sharing your great ideas. Not sure if you had a chance to see the press event video but we've already expanded into more areas outside of the normal system and we're also sharing the AURA SDK with developers, so it's entirely possible to do what you've suggested.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Korth PC Specs
    Korth PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X99 R5E (BIOS2101/1902)
    ProcessorHaswell-EP E5-1680-3 SR20H/R2 (4.4GHz)
    Memory (part number)Vengeance LPX 4x8GB SS DDR4-3000 (CMK32GX4M4C3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Sound CardJDS Labs O2+ODAC (RevB), USB2 UAC1
    MonitorASUS PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSDs, 4xSATA3 RAID0
    Storage #2Comay BladeDrive E28 3200GB SSD, 8xPCIe2
    CPU CoolerRaijintek NEMESIS/TISIS, AS5, 2xNH-A14
    CaseObsidian 750D (original), 6xNH-A14
    Power SupplyZalman/FSP ZM1250 Platinum
    Headset Pilot P51 PTT *modded*
    OS Arch, Gentoo, Win7x64, Win10x64
    Network RouterActiontec T3200M VDSL2 Gateway
    Accessory #1 TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9E, 1xPCIe
    Accessory #2 ASUS/Infineon SLB9635 TPM (TT1.2/FW3.19)
    Accessory #3 ASUS OC Panel I (FW0501)

Quote Originally Posted by r34lj4k3 View Post
    LN2 sensors are just silliness for all but the super minority of enthusiasts (a super minority of a minority). I get that it can be important for bragging rights and marketing, but I don't see myself ever going any further than phase-change from my current liquid cooling. Please consider making this an add-on card/optional buy.
    I have no use for the crazy exotic LN2 features, either. But I do understand the advantages of mass-producing (and supporting) a single product with all features onboard, rather than multiple products which include some "stripped down" variants. The very nature of record-setting extreme-overclock hardware (where millimeters and microvolts and nanoseconds all add up to real differences) requires that it is deeply-embedded and tightly-integrated within the platform. And part of the marketing appeal for (LN2-capable) ROG mobos is how high and how fast they can set new overclocking records.

But we do always have the option of buying non-ROG "generic" ASUS motherboards, lol. Very much the same robust engineering, same designs, same implementations, same components, same firmwares. Still capable of running strong overclocks. And without any of the "silly" LN2 sensors or other extreme-overclocking features.

The only real downsides of having inert (unused) components onboard are the "real estate" they occupy and the added cost they impose.
    Never ignore costs "wasted" on "useless" hardware, sure, although I suspect the total part costs for all the LN2-specific components are fairly trivial.
    But what else could be placed onboard to fill the "free" space occupied by the LN2 stuff? Not a whole lot, lol, especially given exactly where the "removable" components happen to be located on the board.

Take out all the LN2 stuff and you might as well lose the Q-Code display, all the extra buttons in that corner of the mobo, voltage testpoints, many no-longer-meaningful fine BIOS settings, etc. I don't use the LN2 (because that's crazy talk!) but I do make regular use of many other features which are adjunct to the LN2 circuitry.
    Last edited by Korth; 06-05-2017 at 06:01 AM.

JurunceNK PC Specs
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Thanks for sharing your great ideas. Not sure if you had a chance to see the press event video but we've already expanded into more areas outside of the normal system and we're also sharing the AURA SDK with developers, so it's entirely possible to do what you've suggested.
    You welcome. I didn't get the chance to see your press event livestream, because on that same day - same bat time, I had my wisdom teeth removed (all 4) and I was knocked out for that operation.

Any thoughts on my suggestion on the Zenith Extreme aesthetic update?

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

You welcome. I didn't get the chance to see your press event livestream, because on that same day - same bat time, I had my wisdom teeth removed (all 4) and I was knocked out for that operation.

Any thoughts on my suggestion on the Zenith Extreme aesthetic update?

The board is near final at this stage. Only minor changes are likely (and only those that dont cause delays).

JurunceNK PC Specs
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    The board is near final at this stage. Only minor changes are likely (and only those that dont cause delays).
    Can't wait

Think it's too late for Asus to implement the plate that's on the Rampage VI Extreme, or would that delay the release?

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Can't wait

Think it's too late for Asus to implement the plate that's on the Rampage VI Extreme, or would that delay the release?

If you are referring to the backplate, the board already has one.

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast