Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array Thomas extreme gamer PC Specs
    Thomas extreme gamer PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME
    ProcessorIntel Core™ i9-9900K
    Memory (part number)32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
    Graphics Card #1GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Cardon board
    MonitorROG PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 1TB 970 PRO
    CPU CoolerROG RYUJIN 360 6x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM
    CaseView 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition 6x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W
    Keyboard ROG Horus GK2000 RGB
    Mouse ROG Sica
    Mouse Pad ROG Scabbard
    OS Windows 10 pro 64 bit (1903)
    Accessory #1 custom built pc from AVADirect

Asus ROG should make custom Intel CPUs x299 and all future CPUs they should be soldered to the IHS and improve manufacturing for higher overclocking headroom.

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas extreme gamer View Post
    Asus ROG should make custom Intel CPUs x299 and all future CPUs they should be soldered to the IHS and improve manufacturing for higher overclocking headroom.

We are not in the business of making or modifying CPUs, Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blackhat View Post
    Is it possible for ROG to make aftermarket ddr4 heatspreaders?
    There are a few vendors doing this. Unlikely we'd get into this ourselves. The most likely things to be picked up as projects are things we're already involved in.

Quote Originally Posted by JurunceNK View Post
    Coming back all the way around about the indium armor thing for the ROG Rampage VI Extreme, which I still believe to be the best looking thing, would it be at all possible to release an aftermarket solution for the ROG Zenith Extreme for those who want to give that board the R6E treatment, but don't want to buy into the Intel X299 platform?

I've been putting thought into it, and I still think it is very possible to do, just consider the extra PCIe 1x slot and the different positioning of the M.2 slot.
    ---
    I still really like the ROG Zenith Extreme (its features, connectivity, aesthetics, the whole 9 yards), and in fact I am planning on selling off the Rampage V Edition 10, my 900D, and the Core i7-5930K to make way for a Ryzen Threadripper system comprising the Zenith Extreme, Ryzen Threadripper 1950X, and the Thermaltake Tower 900 (be around the December mark), but to get into nitpicky territority, I still really, really wish that the Zenith Extreme got the indium armor that the ROG Rampage VI Extreme possesses, which is the absolute most beautiful thing to come onto a motherboard. Plus, add those extra Aura lighting effects too (wave, glowing yo-yo, etc.), their bae ��
    The Indium armor is a first try. Would have delayed the Ze board if we added it and also increased the price by at least $100. No plans to add one at this point. Maybe future gens. Thanks for the feedback, though.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Thomas extreme gamer PC Specs
    Thomas extreme gamer PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME
    ProcessorIntel Core™ i9-9900K
    Memory (part number)32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz, CL14, Silver-Red DIMM Memory
    Graphics Card #1GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING
    Sound Cardon board
    MonitorROG PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 1TB 970 PRO
    CPU CoolerROG RYUJIN 360 6x NF-F12 IPPC 3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM
    CaseView 91 Tempered Glass RGB Edition 6x NF-A14 IPPC-3000 PWM 140mm, 3000 RPM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i Digital, 80 PLUS Titanium 1600W
    Keyboard ROG Horus GK2000 RGB
    Mouse ROG Sica
    Mouse Pad ROG Scabbard
    OS Windows 10 pro 64 bit (1903)
    Accessory #1 custom built pc from AVADirect

Include an oc panel with all future Maximus extreme and apex motherboards and Rampage extreme and apex motherboards and include one with Rampage vi extreme if possible.

Also Asus should sell their ROG products directly so people can buy them as soon as there released, since Asus already sells their other products directly on the Asus store website.
    Last edited by Thomas extreme gamer; 08-28-2017 at 01:04 AM.

Ex-employee Array

Include an oc panel with all future Maximus extreme and apex motherboards and Rampage extreme and apex motherboards and include one with Rampage vi extreme if possible.

Also Asus should sell their ROG products directly so people can buy them as soon as there released, since Asus already sells their other products directly on the Asus store website.
    The OC panel itself is not a very cheap add-on so overall most people won't need this so that's why we don't include this with every model.

The ASUS store is expanding to more countries, however in some countries we already have good coverage from a lot of major retailers so that's why we don't offer too many models on our store. If we sold everything on our store for competitive prices then there will be no need for local distributors and retailers, the store mainly is to provide access to those in countries where the number of retailers that offer ASUS/ROG products is limited.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Korth PC Specs
    Korth PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X99 R5E (BIOS2101/1902)
    ProcessorHaswell-EP E5-1680-3 SR20H/R2 (4.4GHz)
    Memory (part number)Vengeance LPX 4x8GB SS DDR4-3000 (CMK32GX4M4C3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Sound CardJDS Labs O2+ODAC (RevB), USB2 UAC1
    MonitorASUS PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSDs, 4xSATA3 RAID0
    Storage #2Comay BladeDrive E28 3200GB SSD, 8xPCIe2
    CPU CoolerRaijintek NEMESIS/TISIS, AS5, 2xNH-A14
    CaseObsidian 750D (original), 6xNH-A14
    Power SupplyZalman/FSP ZM1250 Platinum
    Headset Pilot P51 PTT *modded*
    OS Arch, Gentoo, Win7x64, Win10x64
    Network RouterActiontec T3200M VDSL2 Gateway
    Accessory #1 TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9E, 1xPCIe
    Accessory #2 ASUS/Infineon SLB9635 TPM (TT1.2/FW3.19)
    Accessory #3 ASUS OC Panel I (FW0501)

I've always been surprised that there's no direct-to-consumer retail channel from ASUS. Always gotta go through some other vendor/middleman.

I understand implementing this would involve some big changes. But is there no way to start smaller, perhaps create an official "ASUS Store" on newegg or something?
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Quote Originally Posted by Korth View Post
    I've always been surprised that there's no direct-to-consumer retail channel from ASUS. Always gotta go through some other vendor/middleman.

I understand implementing this would involve some big changes. But is there no way to start smaller, perhaps create an official "ASUS Store" on newegg or something?
    Not feasible. The distribution deals are delicate. Easy to upset if you start competing on any level.

ROG Enthusiast Array The_Blackhat PC Specs
    The_Blackhat PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero Wifi-AC
    ProcessorAmd Ryzen 7 1700X
    Memory (part number)CMK8GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1Rog Strix GTX 1050 ti OC Edition
    Storage #1ST1000DM010
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    CaseCorsair Air 540
    Power SupplyCorsair CX750M
    OS Windows 10 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    Not feasible. The distribution deals are delicate. Easy to upset if you start competing on any level.
    even though this is impossible, it would be incredible, the middlemen are driving strix 1060 prices up to reference 1080 prices, its insane
    Last edited by The_Blackhat; 08-28-2017 at 11:20 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array The_Blackhat PC Specs
    The_Blackhat PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VI Hero Wifi-AC
    ProcessorAmd Ryzen 7 1700X
    Memory (part number)CMK8GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1Rog Strix GTX 1050 ti OC Edition
    Storage #1ST1000DM010
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    CaseCorsair Air 540
    Power SupplyCorsair CX750M
    OS Windows 10 Home

Rog should design a gaming all in one monitor, this may already be in devolopement, I dont know, this would have to be engineered properly for decent thermals and performance, unlike previous gaming all in ones, and should have a blower style, full size desktop graphics card like a reference or more preferably an asus turbo, a 120 mm fan on a widened top edge to accomodate a cpu water cooler, as almost no decent air cooler or heatsink will fit in there, a micro atx or itx board with a pcie riser/extension(I do not know the technical term) with possibly a graphics I/O reroute, so that the graphics card can be oriented in whatever way is logical and helps with heat, preferably exhausting up, although if that is a problem then the I/O will have to be on top or another logical position other than the bottom, it would almost certainly have to be an ultrawide, with three cpu choices, ryzen 1700x, i7 7700k, and a ryzen 5 1600x are all decent choices, although this is up for debate and change, the gpu will most likely be NVidia with the supply issues with vega, plus vega is too power hungry for somethjng like this, if necessary, an external power supply brick/box that you set on the floor or attach to the back of the desk can be included, or give the psu box aura rgbs and makeit a desktop companion that isnt entirely disgusting to look at, a decent panel is a good idea, nothing like a rog 1080p 240hz or anything that high end, more like just 1440p 144hz or ultrawide 1080p 144hz, or maybe less refresh rate if necessary, height adjust in the stand is a must, angle adjustment is not as important, unless the angle locks to hold up the weight of this thing. Thank you for reading*
    Last edited by The_Blackhat; 08-29-2017 at 11:37 PM.

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast