Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    New ROGer Array PMaqueo PC Specs
    PMaqueo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG Strix GL553VD
    MotherboardRampage V Edition 10

Again on the blacklist

Hey so it was not being detected as a virus for a while until my virus database updated this morning. Then it detected and deleted it again. If I knew it was going to be this problematic I wouldn't have purchased the antivirus license, I am regretting it so much. Any solutions?

ROG Enthusiast Array AliAPCMR PC Specs
    AliAPCMR PC Specs
    MotherboardZ390 E
    Processori5 9600k
    Memory (part number)Corsair RGB Vengeance (Corsair CMR16GX4M2A2666C16)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1070 EVGA FTW
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX
    MonitorSamsung 1080p 40inch 3D Tv
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 500gb SSD
    Storage #23TB & 2TB &500GB HDD
    CPU CoolerNoctua U12S
    CaseNZXT Noctis 450
    Power Supply850 wats EVGA SUPERNOVA
    Keyboard Corsair Raptor K30
    Mouse Logitec M305
    Headset Creative Sound Blasters Rage V2 Wireless (RGB)
    OS Windows 10 (Latest Update)
    Accessory #1 NZXT GRID V2
    Accessory #2 NZXT HUE PLUS

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Can everyone experiencing this issue please share your software version? This is required by our software team.
    I am on avast Free Antivirus and the Game First IV that came on driver disk that was inside the motherboard box got flagged as malware/virus I immediately formatted my SSD and re installed the OS and downloaded the Game first Software from the Asus site. For Avast the one from the Asus website site didn't flag anything up as malware or a virus. My OS is Windows 10 Pro Version: 10.0.15063 Build 15063 as for the game first version that was originally installed sorry I disposed of the disk so I don't know that version. It seems it may well be a legitimate malware/virus since the files differ from the disk and online version.
    Last edited by AliAPCMR; 09-06-2017 at 12:01 AM.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by PMaqueo View Post
    Hey so it was not being detected as a virus for a while until my virus database updated this morning. Then it detected and deleted it again. If I knew it was going to be this problematic I wouldn't have purchased the antivirus license, I am regretting it so much. Any solutions?
    What version of the antivirus software do you have? I am told that our teams, both notebook and motherboard side have updated McAFee

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by AliAPCMR View Post
    I am on avast Free Antivirus and the Game First IV that came on driver disk that was inside the motherboard box got flagged as malware/virus I immediately formatted my SSD and re installed the OS and downloaded the Game first Software from the Asus site. For Avast the one from the Asus website site didn't flag anything up as malware or a virus. My OS is Windows 10 Pro Version: 10.0.15063 Build 15063 as for the game first version that was originally installed sorry I disposed of the disk so I don't know that version. It seems it may well be a legitimate malware/virus since the files differ from the disk and online version.
    Sorry I'm a bit confused, so the current version is "not" flagged in Avast right?

New ROGer Array PMaqueo PC Specs
    PMaqueo PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG Strix GL553VD
    MotherboardRampage V Edition 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    What version of the antivirus software do you have? I am told that our teams, both notebook and motherboard side have updated McAFee
    Sorry I didn't answer earlier, the good news is that with a new update my laptop got a couple of days ago, the problem is now again solved. I hope it stays like this now. Thanks for the support.

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by PMaqueo View Post
    Sorry I didn't answer earlier, the good news is that with a new update my laptop got a couple of days ago, the problem is now again solved. I hope it stays like this now. Thanks for the support.
    Thanks for providing your update on this, they did provide the updated build to them sometime ago so now I guess they finally got around to updating their list.

ROG Junior Member Array Firefox8821 PC Specs
    Firefox8821 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)16GB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA NVIDIA GTX 970
    CaseZalman Z11 Plus
    Power SupplyEVGA
    Keyboard UTechSmart Saturn
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Headset ROG Strix Fusion 500
    Mouse Pad ROG Sheath
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro

False Positive

I have had this problem and ended up swapping from McAfee to BitDefender, but can tell you McAfee is picking that up for a good reason. The file "nfapi.dll" is a core file used in many trojan and ransomware viruses, and it is used in this software for the easy GUI. This version is safe, but most others aren't. Good job for detecting it, McAfee, but learn exclusions.

ROG Member Array JJAskiz PC Specs
    JJAskiz PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G752VY
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC
    ProcessorIntel® Skylake Core™ i7 Processor
    Memory (part number)16 GB
    Graphics Card #1Generic PnP Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce GTX
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M
    Graphics Card #3N/A
    Graphics Card #4N/A
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio/NVIDIA High Definition Audio/Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar
    MonitorGeneric PnP Monitor (1920x1080@75Hz)
    Storage #1370 GB C:/ Drive
    Storage #2558 GB D:/ Drive
    CPU CoolerTemperature Uniformity Vapor Chamber
    CaseN/A
    Power SupplyAC/DC Adaptor ADP-230-EB T
    Keyboard Anti-Ghosting Keys
    Mouse N/A
    Headset N/A
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG G752VY Mousepad
    Headset/Speakers Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar
    OS Microsoft Windows 10
    Network RouterNetGear/Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
    Accessory #1 N/A
    Accessory #2 N/A
    Accessory #3 N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Milambar View Post
    I acquired a brand new ROG GL502VT recently and absolutely love it. It came with a free McAfee Antivirus Subscription, the store requires it for warranty purposes.

Everything was great until McAfee did its first scan. It immediately quarrantined two files, c:\Program Files (x86)\Asus\Game First IV\nfapi.dll and nfapinet.dll. I re-downloaded the GameFirst IV software from Asus, and reinstalled it. Two days later, McAfee again flagged the same two files as malware.

I have been in touch with McAfee Support, and even got through to one of their software engineers, who checked the files for me and confirmed that its not a false positive, it is a true positive, and McAfee are classifying them as malware.

I am wondering what the next appropriate step to resolve this issue will be, and if I actually need GameFirst IV installed in the first place. I can't seem to find a lot of information about it.

Many Thanks
    Hey,

There should be a "Add program to safe list" option somewhere in the McAfee Internet Security settings so you can add the Game First IV program to the safe list so it doesn't pick it up as a Virus/Malware. I had the same problem with Kaspersky Total Security when downloading, installing or using Trainers/Cheats Programs on my Gaming Laptop. But when I found the "Add programs to safe list" option and added some of the Trainers/Cheats Programs to the Safe List, most of them worked without me disabling Kaspersky Total Security completely. You should do the same with the Game First IV program. I hope this helped.

JJAskiz.

ROG Junior Member Array Firefox8821 PC Specs
    Firefox8821 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO ALPHA
    ProcessorIntel Core i7 6700K
    Memory (part number)16GB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA NVIDIA GTX 970
    CaseZalman Z11 Plus
    Power SupplyEVGA
    Keyboard UTechSmart Saturn
    Mouse Logitech G602
    Headset ROG Strix Fusion 500
    Mouse Pad ROG Sheath
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro

It Doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JJAskiz View Post
    Hey,

There should be a "Add program to safe list" option somewhere in the McAfee Internet Security settings so you can add the Game First IV program to the safe list so it doesn't pick it up as a Virus/Malware. I had the same problem with Kaspersky Total Security when downloading, installing or using Trainers/Cheats Programs on my Gaming Laptop. But when I found the "Add programs to safe list" option and added some of the Trainers/Cheats Programs to the Safe List, most of them worked without me disabling Kaspersky Total Security completely. You should do the same with the Game First IV program. I hope this helped.

JJAskiz.
    It doesn't work. I had to swap AntiViruses and its fine now, but before I tried to MANY times and it would still block it. Good job, McAfee.

ROG Member Array JJAskiz PC Specs
    JJAskiz PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G752VY
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC
    ProcessorIntel® Skylake Core™ i7 Processor
    Memory (part number)16 GB
    Graphics Card #1Generic PnP Monitor on NVIDIA GeForce GTX
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M
    Graphics Card #3N/A
    Graphics Card #4N/A
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio/NVIDIA High Definition Audio/Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar
    MonitorGeneric PnP Monitor (1920x1080@75Hz)
    Storage #1370 GB C:/ Drive
    Storage #2558 GB D:/ Drive
    CPU CoolerTemperature Uniformity Vapor Chamber
    CaseN/A
    Power SupplyAC/DC Adaptor ADP-230-EB T
    Keyboard Anti-Ghosting Keys
    Mouse N/A
    Headset N/A
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG G752VY Mousepad
    Headset/Speakers Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar
    OS Microsoft Windows 10
    Network RouterNetGear/Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
    Accessory #1 N/A
    Accessory #2 N/A
    Accessory #3 N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox8821 View Post
    It doesn't work. I had to swap AntiViruses and its fine now, but before I tried to MANY times and it would still block it. Good job, McAfee.
    Yeah, I use Kaspersky Total Security and when I add the programs to the White List, it's all good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3