Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Lightbulb Temporary fix for the touchpad bug on G752VS - possibly solved??

Hi everyone,

Bored by the non-responsiveness of ASUS officials, I've messed around with the touchpad bug when resuming the laptop from sleep.

Fix:
    1. Open "Device Manager";
    2. Expand "Human Interface Devices" section;
    3. Right-click on "ASUS Precision Touchpad";
    4. Click "Disable";
    5. Right-click on "ASUS Precision Touchpad"
    6. Click "Enable

This does the trick and gets back the gestures working after sleep.

I'm not kind of a click guy, so I've automated this whole process.
    Download this. It's a simple bat script I wrote which restarts the driver using devcon so that's why the devcon64.exe is in the archive.

Note: You need both files in the same directory for the script to work.

This enables you to only open the TouchpadFix file manually after windows resume.

Furthermore, you could schedule a task via "Task Scheduler".

Here are the task properties I've set:

Single trigger "On Event"

Make sure you uncheck "Start only if the computer is on AC power"

So if you schedule a new task, you won't even need to open the TouchpadFix file manually.

Hope I helped.

New ROGer Array

Thank You bro. You are saver. Tho i cant believe asus cant fix this issue. How hard can it be? Maybe it is windows 10 issue. I am also having black screen on boot. After latest nvidia drivers not so often but it happens once in a while. I am guessing it is not hw fault, it must be software.

ROG Member Array

Great idea! Just in the interest of safety, you can get the correct and official version of devcon directly from Microsoft. Here is a link to instructions:
    https://superuser.com/questions/1002...all-devcon-exe

Thanks for the great idea! Now, if Asus would actually just fix the problem! I am hoping that the new October Windows update will solve it somehow?

New ROGer Array sharndowg PC Specs
    sharndowg PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG G752VS
    MotherboardBIOS 310
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6820HK
    Memory (part number)HyperX Impact 2400MHz CL14 DDR4
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5
    Monitor17.3" 75Hz G-SYNC
    Storage #1Samsung SM961 NVMe 256GB
    Storage #2Cruical MX300 1TB M.2 SSD
    Mouse Logitec MX Master
    Headset Razer Kraken Chroma
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Still works??

Hi, can you verify that the .bat file is still correct? does not work for me.

Besides, neither does clicking disable, enable manually on ASUS Precision Touchpad driver.

ROG Enthusiast Array

It also doesnt work for me !
    ASUS G752VS Notebook
    17,3 " Display - 120 hz - Nvidia G-Sync - WideView
    Intel® Core™ i7 - Quad Core - Skylake
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB DDR5
    16 GB DDR4 RAM
    512 GB PCIE NVME SSD
    1 TB SATA HDD
    Integrated Blu-Ray Player

sharndowg PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG G752VS
    MotherboardBIOS 310
    Monitor17.3" 75Hz G-SYNC
    Mouse Logitec MX Master
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

I have come to notice that it is not the sleep function which is stopping the driver from loading. It's the driver itself, it does not load properly again if it's ever turned off.

Disabling ASUS Precision Touchpad driver within Device Manager then enabling it does not bring back the gesture functions (it should). Once disabled, the only way to re-obtain touchpad gesture commands again is to Reboot the system. The driver will not load properly.

ASUS Precision Touchpad Ver: 11.0.0.18 (as listed in Device Manager)

ASUS PTP Driver Ver: 11.0.22 (as listed in Programs and Features)

ATK PACKAGE Ver: 1.0.00.50

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by sharndowg View Post
    I have come to notice that it is not the sleep function which is stopping the driver from loading. It's the driver itself, it does not load properly again if it's ever turned off.

Disabling ASUS Precision Touchpad driver within Device Manager then enabling it does not bring back the gesture functions (it should). Once disabled, the only way to re-obtain touchpad gesture commands again is to Reboot the system. The driver will not load properly.

ASUS Precision Touchpad Ver: 11.0.0.18 (as listed in Device Manager)

ASUS PTP Driver Ver: 11.0.22 (as listed in Programs and Features)

ATK PACKAGE Ver: 1.0.00.50

There is no need to do all that. In the device manager, disable and reenable the "l2C HID Device". That will get things working again without having to reboot your computer (if your device list is the same as mine).

Regards,
    Enterfrize

sharndowg PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ROG G752VS
    MotherboardBIOS 310
    Monitor17.3" 75Hz G-SYNC
    Mouse Logitec MX Master
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Cool Updated and working fix!

Below are the steps I have found to work for me. Special thanks FrOz3n for your guide and giving me the foundations to work with, I have played around with it for a hour or so and managed to find a similar but different solution which is bringing back Touchpad Gestures when cold booting/resuming from sleep.

Step 1:

In Device Manager, open up Human Interface Devices and right-click "I2C HID Device" and select Properties.

Go to Details tab, and from drop down menu select Hardware IDs. Confirm that there is a value " *ELAN1203 " in the list. (This is your Touchpad's Identifier/model).

Step 2:

Grab the devcon.exe for your version/build of Windows 10 HERE (use amd64 if you are running 64 bit windows) and follow the download, extract, and rename step(s) on the page. Important: As stated, rename this file "devcon.exe" exactly. Now, put this file (~80KB) in an empty new folder somewhere such as desktop for now and call the folder something relevant; "G752Touchpad_Fix" or whatever you choose. This will help you locate it later if you need.

Step 3:

Go HERE and grab the .bat file I modified. Extract and place this file in the exact same folder as the previous devcon.exe

Step 4:

Check to see if it works first. Right-Click on the .bat file and click edit. Notepad should open and this will be the code (and nothing else!):

%~dp0\devcon disable *ELAN1203
    %~dp0\devcon enable *ELAN1203

Important! Make sure the last bit of code in the .bat file (*ELAN1203) matches value in Device Manager back in STEP 1!

If all is good, come back out and put your laptop to sleep. Awaken and confirm gestures are NOT working and find this folder again and run the .bat as Admin. You should see the command prompt window appear for a few seconds whilst it executes the code. It will disappear almost instantly again. Check to see if gestures are back. If they are not, something is wrong. Go back over the steps again. If they work, good job! Just one more thing to go!

Step 5:

Now, this folder needs to be placed in your C: drive somewhere to ensure admin rights don't get in the way. I placed my folder not too far; just in C:drive > Windows.

Create a Scheduled Task as FrOz3n did up top. Make sure to copy his pictures accurately. This time though, i will have TWO triggers, not one. Copy trigger 1 (Log: System, Source: Kernel-Power, Event ID: 107)

Create a new trigger, but this time use these values for drop down menu(s)> (Log: System, Source: Power-Troubleshooter, Event ID: 1)

Finish up the task setting as FrOz3n did and save.

[FYI, Event 107 is the system resuming from sleep, and Event 1 is the system has returned from a low power state, such as hibernate/hybrid/different power-off states etc etc. This is required because sometimes I found gestures still did not work if resumed from another state other than sleep. This basically covers all bases.]

Step 6:

Give it a bash! Hopefully now you can get on with your life and stop worrying about a god awful touchpad. The driver should load up under all circumstances! go you!

If you get stuck give me a shout, i might be able to help.
    Last edited by sharndowg; 12-10-2017 at 11:55 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

It worked for me! Nicely done!

Regards,
    Enterfrize

ROG Enthusiast Array

Dear Asus Customer Service,
    attached please find the screenshot of today's situation at the ASUS Republic of Gamers Official Forum: one after another, there are 3 different topics regarding Asus G752VS - ELAN touchpad problems.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asus_forum_elan_touchpad_problem.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	69235

Now there are even more people who reported that the unofficial ELAN touchpad patch I've mentioned last time fixes the ELAN touchpad problem for Linux too:
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...6/comments/144
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...ad-Gesture-Fix

For your info, there's another reportedly successful unofficial ELAN touchpad fix, but I don't know if it makes the ELAN touchpad work under Linux too:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...l=1#post688463

Best regards,
    worried Customer

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast