ROG Member Array

Question Can I upgrade my G73JH to play Devil May Cry V?

Hey guys, I was wondering if it's possible to take apart my G73JH ASUS ROG laptop and upgrade it to have 2gb more ram and 2gb total vram. It doesn't meet the minimum requirements to play Devil May Cry V and I really want to play it because it's one of my favorite game series. Here's the screenshot of what I need to upgrade according to Can You Run It:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lYfiOja.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	79750

Just want to know if this is possible so I can then find out what I need to buy and how to take it apart without messing it up. I'd like to continue using this laptop since it was $2000 (like 8-9 years ago, but still a lot of money for me because I'm in school currently) and not have to buy all new parts and a tower to build a PC that can run it. Thanks for any help!

ROG Member Array

Does anyone know or is this a stupid idea?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Devil May Cry 5 Official Final PC Requirements

MINIMUM:
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4460, AMD FX™-6300, or better
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 or AMD Radeon™ R7 260x with 2GB Video RAM, or better
    DirectX: Version 11
    Storage: 35 GB available space
    Additional Notes: *Xinput support Controllers recommended *Internet connection required for game activation. (Network connectivity uses Steam® developed by Valve® Corporation.)

Yes, Stupid Question. Buy newer laptop.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by jdfrench3 View Post
    Devil May Cry 5 Official Final PC Requirements

MINIMUM:
    Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4460, AMD FX™-6300, or better
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 or AMD Radeon™ R7 260x with 2GB Video RAM, or better
    DirectX: Version 11
    Storage: 35 GB available space
    Additional Notes: *Xinput support Controllers recommended *Internet connection required for game activation. (Network connectivity uses Steam® developed by Valve® Corporation.)

Yes, Stupid Question. Buy newer laptop.
    Lol I know it doesn't meet the requirements, my question is if I can upgrade it.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

If you have to ask that question.....

Answer = No

It's an eight year old Mobile Intel® HM55 Express Chipset laptop.

Load the game, if it works, play. If it doesn't then move on with your life.

ROG Member Array purgitoria PC Specs
    purgitoria PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Rampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7920X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 PC4-28800C16 3600MHz Quad Channel Kit (F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX1080TI-O11G
    Graphics Card #2Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX1080TI-O11G
    MonitorSamsung UE40ES8000
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro NVMe PCIe M.2 512GB
    Storage #2Hitachi HDS5C3020BLE630 2TB
    CPU CoolerEK-FB ASUS ROG R6E RGB Monoblock
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 900D
    Power SupplyCorsair HX 1200i
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterUbiquity UniFi Security Gateway

To clarify things for you a little more for you:

Most laptops have the CPU and GPU integrated into the motherboard and are soldered in so it is not possible to replace them. With yours being so old the CPU will have a completely different socket to what is currently available anyway. There are other products on the market that you could install such as an external GPU such as the Asus ROG XG 2 station but you would still be limited by your CPU performance which would probably not be able to handle it and the cost of the eGPU's is quite high so realistically you would be better looking on amazon warehouse or similar for a new laptop on a deal that is more up to date.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by purgitoria View Post
    To clarify things for you a little more for you:

Most laptops have the CPU and GPU integrated into the motherboard and are soldered in so it is not possible to replace them. With yours being so old the CPU will have a completely different socket to what is currently available anyway. There are other products on the market that you could install such as an external GPU such as the Asus ROG XG 2 station but you would still be limited by your CPU performance which would probably not be able to handle it and the cost of the eGPU's is quite high so realistically you would be better looking on amazon warehouse or similar for a new laptop on a deal that is more up to date.
    Thank you for the actual reply.

@jdfrench3 go **** yourself retard