Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Received Tue, Apr 17, 2018 from Asus Support:

Dear Asus Valued Customer,
    Regarding the below described case, we kindly inform you that the responsible department of our HQ is informed about this issue and currently examining the possibility of a new BIOS release update.
    Furthermore, we would like to inform you that at the moment, Asus officially will release vulnerability fixes only for 6th, 7th and 8th generation processors.
    We invite you to check Asus website periodically in order for new BIOS update releases and latest information about the subject.

https://www.asus.com/News/YQ3Cr4OYKdZTwnQK
    https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1034979

Furthermore, we kindly inform you that we do not have any further information regarding the possibility of new BIOS update release containing a fix/patch for ELAN touchpad and we would also like to inform you that your product has not been officially tested by Asus with any OS other than Windows OS.
    In case you are not satisfied by our reply above, please inform us accordingly before filling the satisfaction form.
    In case you are satisfied by our reply above, we invite you to select 9 or 10 as a positive evaluation.
    Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by zvober View Post
    Received Tue, Apr 17, 2018 from Asus Support:

Dear Asus Valued Customer,
    Regarding the below described case, we kindly inform you that the responsible department of our HQ is informed about this issue and currently examining the possibility of a new BIOS release update.
    Furthermore, we would like to inform you that at the moment, Asus officially will release vulnerability fixes only for 6th, 7th and 8th generation processors.
    We invite you to check Asus website periodically in order for new BIOS update releases and latest information about the subject.

https://www.asus.com/News/YQ3Cr4OYKdZTwnQK
    https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1034979

Furthermore, we kindly inform you that we do not have any further information regarding the possibility of new BIOS update release containing a fix/patch for ELAN touchpad and we would also like to inform you that your product has not been officially tested by Asus with any OS other than Windows OS.
    In case you are not satisfied by our reply above, please inform us accordingly before filling the satisfaction form.
    In case you are satisfied by our reply above, we invite you to select 9 or 10 as a positive evaluation.
    Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back in touch with us.
    So it looks like G752 and later. The only thing that comes to my mind is that this CPU Vulnerability must not be anywhere the threat that it has been made out to be. I mean there are millions more Pre 6th generation notebooks and desktops MB than there are post 6th and that's not going to change for many years yet.
    The first patches that have come out slowed down CPU to a crawl so maybe you guys are lucky they're not going to screw up your notebooks.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

ROG Member Array

Guys, I don't believe it, but the trackpad issue is actually really fixed!!!! I just installed the new Windows update which was released yesterday, and just to test, disabled my Scheduled Task fix. Lo and behold, after sleep and wake, scrolling is still operational!!! I can't believe it!!

EDIT: Looks like I spoke a bit too soon. It does seem improved after a short sleep, but after longer sleep, it still has the same issue.
    Last edited by lonevvolf; 05-02-2018 at 04:39 AM.

ROG Member Array

Just an update - I've been running without the temporary fix now since my last post, and have had very few, if any problems with the scrolling. Looks like it's really taken care of. I guess no thanks to Asus? :S

ROG Enthusiast Array

Not here. I disabled Fast Startup after Win 10 Build 1803 broke my gestures. I manually killed and restarted the I2C HID device which had no effect. Didn't bother trying to automate that as it didn't work.

ROG Member Array

Guys,

Have anyone tried if this issue is fixed in 2018 October Update?

ROG Member Array

To anyone that encounter this thread - problem seems to be fixed after upgrading Windows to 1809 (2018 October update)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3