cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary fix for the touchpad bug on G752VS - possibly solved??

FrOz3n
Level 7
Hi everyone,

Bored by the non-responsiveness of ASUS officials, I've messed around with the touchpad bug when resuming the laptop from sleep.

Fix:
1. Open "Device Manager";
2. Expand "Human Interface Devices" section;
3. Right-click on "ASUS Precision Touchpad";
4. Click "Disable";
5. Right-click on "ASUS Precision Touchpad"
6. Click "Enable

This does the trick and gets back the gestures working after sleep.

I'm not kind of a click guy, so I've automated this whole process.
Download this. It's a simple bat script I wrote which restarts the driver using devcon so that's why the devcon64.exe is in the archive.

Note: You need both files in the same directory for the script to work.

This enables you to only open the TouchpadFix file manually after windows resume.

Furthermore, you could schedule a task via "Task Scheduler".

Here are the task properties I've set:

Single trigger "On Event"

Make sure you uncheck "Start only if the computer is on AC power"

So if you schedule a new task, you won't even need to open the TouchpadFix file manually.

Hope I helped.
26 REPLIES 26

Agent_Smith
Level 7
Thank You bro. You are saver. Tho i cant believe asus cant fix this issue. How hard can it be? Maybe it is windows 10 issue. I am also having black screen on boot. After latest nvidia drivers not so often but it happens once in a while. I am guessing it is not hw fault, it must be software.

Great idea! Just in the interest of safety, you can get the correct and official version of devcon directly from Microsoft. Here is a link to instructions:
https://superuser.com/questions/1002950/quick-method-to-install-devcon-exe

Thanks for the great idea! Now, if Asus would actually just fix the problem! I am hoping that the new October Windows update will solve it somehow?

Hi, can you verify that the .bat file is still correct? does not work for me.

Besides, neither does clicking disable, enable manually on ASUS Precision Touchpad driver.

you stop and restart the driver simple as that
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
you stop and restart the driver simple as that

I need to do that everytime I start my laptop? I was looking for a fix which works automatically ...
ASUS G752VS Notebook
17,3 " Display - 120 hz - Nvidia G-Sync - WideView
Intel® Core™ i7 - Quad Core - Skylake
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB DDR5
16 GB DDR4 RAM
512 GB PCIE NVME SSD
1 TB SATA HDD
Integrated Blu-Ray Player

FreshPrince15 wrote:
I need to do that everytime I start my laptop? I was looking for a fix which works automatically ...

Read the above posts please. This is an automatic fix. Once done, you do not need to do anything else.

Having the same issue with my new laptop. However I cannot get the BAT file to work. devcon cannot find the process (even though it is listed exactly the same in device manager under "hardware IDs").

Any ideas?

FreshPrince15
Level 7
It also doesnt work for me !
ASUS G752VS Notebook
17,3 " Display - 120 hz - Nvidia G-Sync - WideView
Intel® Core™ i7 - Quad Core - Skylake
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB DDR5
16 GB DDR4 RAM
512 GB PCIE NVME SSD
1 TB SATA HDD
Integrated Blu-Ray Player

I have come to notice that it is not the sleep function which is stopping the driver from loading. It's the driver itself, it does not load properly again if it's ever turned off.

Disabling ASUS Precision Touchpad driver within Device Manager then enabling it does not bring back the gesture functions (it should). Once disabled, the only way to re-obtain touchpad gesture commands again is to Reboot the system. The driver will not load properly.

ASUS Precision Touchpad Ver: 11.0.0.18 (as listed in Device Manager)

ASUS PTP Driver Ver: 11.0.22 (as listed in Programs and Features)

ATK PACKAGE Ver: 1.0.00.50