cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C6H and SupremeFX: Can't enable Virtual surround mode

StIwY
Level 7
Hello, i just got an Asus C6H. Great motherboard. I noticed that, after installed the latest Realtek drivers (2.81) i can't enable the virtual surround, under options. I checked every options, but i wasn't able to enable it.

I use mainly headphones and that feature would be great for gamers. Is that a bug or something ? Thanks in advance.

Screenshot:

http://101.imagebam.com/download/zOpH4UGahHslcylwut08Tw/54643/546425765/spfxx.jpg
5 REPLIES 5

KEyBAD
Level 7
Personally, I did'nt even knew such an option exists. As far as I understand the settings of the speakers are synchronized with the operating system, so driver can't pretend to be 5.1 and output the sound to the stereo headphones.

For some reason after i installed 2.81 realtek drivers sonic studio 3 was not useable (nothing changes no matter what), and reinstalling official asus drivers not solved this. In my case miracle happens after Windows reinstalling.

If you solve this problem by yourself, please make another screenshots of this control panel 🙂

P.S.: Went to Xonar.

There is nothing i can do. I don't understand why i can't enable this option, unless i choose 4.1, 5.1 or 7.1 as speakers.

There is no advanced option for headset users....and as all we know, majority of gamers are using headsets..this is a nonsense.

The sound from this motherboard it's clear and crispy. I don't regret my previous SB Z dedicated sound card, but drivers must be improved.

Don't use Realtek drivers from realtek make sure use the ones from boards support page as they are custom drivers by Asus.

Asus, at some point in the future, will stop update these customized drivers.