cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win 10 Creators Audio Install

spluff
Level 7
Hi all,

I am going to do a clean install of Windows 10 Creators update. I have the Asus VIII Hero.

When I have installed windows can I use Realtek HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.1.8125

a. will it work okay?
b. will it install sonic studio? if not can I install it after and how?
c. is it best to use this version or the one on the Asus website?

Cheers
spluff
7 REPLIES 7

spluff
Level 7
anyone please help?

Menthol
Level 14
There seems to have always been audio driver issues with Win 10 of some sort, I do not know all the driver versions but the latest version from Realtek's site have worked for me in the past and I believe Sonic Studio is installed with them, although I cannot be sure, at the moment I am just using the driver that Windows installs

You can use the search function within these forums as there are many threads on audio drivers for every motherboard

FuryA
Level 8
hi, sp
You can download the drive from official support site or keep using
win10 creator 1703 version built version , sonic studio can work both of versions :rolleyes:

AKBAAR
Level 9
spluff wrote:
Hi all,

I am going to do a clean install of Windows 10 Creators update. I have the Asus VIII Hero.

When I have installed windows can I use Realtek HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.1.8125

a. will it work okay?
b. will it install sonic studio? if not can I install it after and how?
c. is it best to use this version or the one on the Asus website?

Cheers
spluff

use this. its for ASUS mobos realtek version. and its latest for creator update. ignore asus support page its useless and old they never update it
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=352&func=fileinfo&id=2818〈=fr

spluff
Level 7
is this website safe to download drivers from - i.e. no bloatware, adware or viruses 🙂

spluff wrote:
is this website safe to download drivers from - i.e. no bloatware, adware or viruses 🙂

hi, advice never download the driver from 3rd website to avoid own risk i.g. adware or viruses may including it

toronto699
Level 13
No Bloatware , No Adware , No Viruses , Its a reputable site. One can always go back to your previous driver by using system restore if the new driver does not do what u desire.
Like Menthol said "There seems to have always been audio driver issues with Win 10 of some sort" is very true and still are issues in W10 Audio.
I do not use sonic studio but it installed , whats missing for me in most W10 drivers is Speaker Fill , for me that's a usefull option in my audio set up with 7.1 speakers I wish Asus would include speaker fill in their MB drivers