cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of Buying G752VS

Patrik_ROG
Level 7
Hi,

I am thinking of buying a G752VS. I have read here on the forums that there have been some throttling issues with the CPU. Is this just in the OC edition or in every unit? (the reason I ask this is every post I have found about this seems to be on the OC edition)

The unit I am looking to buy is:
i7 6820hk /2.7ghz
16gb 2400hz RAM
512gb m.2 SSD
1TB extra storage
GeForce 1070 8gb
120hz gsync FullHD

Thanks for your help!
5 REPLIES 5

Patrik_ROG
Level 7
I would also appreciate if there is any other major issues I should be aware of before buying the G752VS 🙂

I have owned 2 ASUS ROG laptops before and I am very happy with them, thats why I also want my third gaming laptop to be ASUS ROG 🙂

Thanks again!

The_Cool_Dude
Level 10

Aerrow
Level 7
I agree with The Cool Dude. I've not had any throttling issues. Minor hiccups in software here and there but nothing that would prevent you from enjoying the exceptional machine.

Btw, it always boils down to the value for money for me when it comes to this laptop. I got the laptop for 1.5k where comparable Msi and Acer models without nvme ssd are sold for 2.2k.

Also, zero heating or throttling issues for me.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

I agree with both of the previous posts. I'm not much of a gamer, but I never had any problems with Battlefield1 or DotA2. I'd just say go for it.

Aerrow
Level 7
I'm not a hardcore gamer either. But I've test run all the new titles. Rise of tomb raider, watch dogs 2, resident evil, witcher 3, farcry primal, over watch.. Never had to dial down anything below max/ultra.

Temps have been stable and didn't see any throttling. I've had Riva tuner monitoring everything in real time. Longest stretch I've done is 3 to 4 hours if that helps

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk