cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access UEFI BIOS settings

nihsel
Level 7
So I boot up my system, it hangs on the ROG splash screen (the one that prompts the user to press F2 or DEL to enter the BIOS settings) for almost 2 minutes before starting to load windows.
During all that time, even if I do press F2 or DEL, the system does not go to the BIOS screen. Nothing happens. What could be the issue?

I'm running Crosshair VI Hero, BIOS revision 1002 and ryzen 1800X
16 REPLIES 16

tommiboi
Level 7
Hi,

Got a Cmos button ? nope ? try removing the back up battery for 10 sec or more doesnt really matter. Could be a memory isseu. Did you over clock or use an XMP setting. I had samething after installing my SLI setup. But I used the button for memory check on motherboard to much and went haiwire.
Try more, Try harder, Try and previal

tommiboi wrote:
Hi,

Got a Cmos button ? nope ? try removing the back up battery for 10 sec or more doesnt really matter. Could be a memory isseu. Did you over clock or use an XMP setting. I had samething after installing my SLI setup. But I used the button for memory check on motherboard to much and went haiwire.

thanks for the reply!
I've tried the CMOS button and removing the backup battery. There were no changes...
I've never overclocked or changed any setting... I just put the PC together last week and this issue was present from the start.

I'd also try a different keyboard, and try using different ports on the motherboard. It's possible that it's a USB compatibility issue and maybe the USB 2.0 vs the 3.0 ports would show different behaviors with your keyboard.

There are USB compatibility settings in the BIOS -- but you can't get to them so obviously not helpful.

I didn't catch whether you were using a wireless keyboard or not -- but some of those can have issues and you might want to try a hard wired one. My mouse is wireless but I've stayed with a hard-wired USB keyboard.

Hopefully you get it going.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

NFHSMatrix wrote:
http://event.asus.com/2012/mb/USB_BIOS_Flashback_GUIDE/

This! Have you tried flashing the bios again?

Thank you all for the replies!

entropic-remnants wrote:
I'd also try a different keyboard, and try using different ports on the motherboard. It's possible that it's a USB compatibility issue and maybe the USB 2.0 vs the 3.0 ports would show different behaviors with your keyboard.

There are USB compatibility settings in the BIOS -- but you can't get to them so obviously not helpful.

I didn't catch whether you were using a wireless keyboard or not -- but some of those can have issues and you might want to try a hard wired one. My mouse is wireless but I've stayed with a hard-wired USB keyboard.

Hopefully you get it going.

It's a wired keyboard (logitech G510). I've tried multiple usb ports, 2.0 and 3.0. no changes. I haven't tries a different keyboard yet, though.

GrooveIsNow wrote:
This! Have you tried flashing the bios again?

yeah I have. the MOBO came with BIOS revision 702, if i remember correctly. I flashed it to 902 and later to 1002. no changes...

I would look at the keyboard thing. My old Logitech keyboard I had did that. Had to get into the BIOS with a different keyboard and change the USB settings in order for my Logitech keyboard to work before I got into windows.

Yep logitech G510s keyboard wont post to bios. You have to use another keyboard. I have the same issue right now. My msi tomahawk works fine with it though. Asus is really lazy with ryzen it seems. Also as of right now my $100 msi tomahawk b350 overclocks better than the $250 C6H. Sorry not sorry.

thank you for the replies.

I'm coming from an FX build with crosshair V formula-z, and I gotta say I am very disappointed with my VI Hero.