cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog gl553vw shuts off suddenly when fans are maxed out during gaming session

vjdato21
Level 7
Guys, I have been facing a issue on my laptop, it is suddenly shutting off when I am playing games when the fans are set to max in ROG Gaming Center.
3 REPLIES 3

Sid7886
Level 7
vjdato21 wrote:
Guys, I have been facing a issue on my laptop, it is suddenly shutting off when I am playing games when the fans are set to max in ROG Gaming Center.

Hey vjdato,

I am facing the same problem in my laptop GL553VE as well. As per my observation, the laptop shuts down automatically if you boost your fan manually through ROG gaming center. If i keep my fan on 'Auto' mode, it enables me to play games for longer than an hour or so without any automatic shutdown..also i have noticed when i do a manual fan boost, it does help to lower the temperature but kills my fps in games ( about 15-20 fps) which is a lot. I thought probably the fps drop would have been happening because the fan boost is lowering the gpu clock/cpu clock to make it run cool, however, the MSI afterburner shows the default clock speeds only (i.e no underclocking)

I talked to Asus customer support on this and they told me to update bios version to 302. I updated the bios, however, this hasn't resolved the problem. I don't know if its a software issue or a hardware one. Also, i am unable to ascertain the fps decrease when doing a manual boost..

Let me know if you facing same issues and whether you have found any permanent fix for this yet or any other software which can be used for boosting fan speed in lieu of ROG gaming center.

Thanks**

Sid7886
Level 7
Any possible fix found for this*yet?*

Bahz
Level 12
Sid posted up similar topic, please continue the discussion in his thread which was created earlier:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93505