cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 will not boot with Gladius conneected

KyLakerat
Level 7
Ok, I've got a beautiful new GL753VE that included the Gladius mouse and mouse pad. Powered up and set everything up the way I wanted, and was immediately sick upon the first required reboot. The screen was just black. I held the power button for 5 seconds to shut down, then powered up again. The keyboard lights, but again just a black screen. Shut off again, and thought about how I had connected so many peripheral devices in a short time and decided to unplug them all. Next boot went perfect in about 10 seconds...whew!

Long story short, I narrowed the problem down to the Gladius mouse. It works fine, as long as it's plugged in after the boot. If I forget to unplug before a cold boot, all I get is a black screen. Computer will come out of sleep mode with the mouse attached, it just will not cold boot with it.

This is the oddest issue I've ever had with a computer booting. I've tested with another mouse, tried using different USB ports, removing/reinstalling drivers, turning mouse lighting off, swapped to the extra mouse cable, left the cable attached/unplugged from actual mouse, uninstalled AVG (it killed the ROG Gaming Center anyway), and tried with/without the Armory.

Anyone have any suggestions? I love the mouse, it feels good, tracks good, lighting is cool, but its going to be aggravating to unplug before every boot.
4 REPLIES 4

Bahz
Level 12
Have you tried updating all your USB drivers and also making sure that you have the latest Armoury software and firmware for the Gladius?

I didn't update every driver, but I did update the mouse drivers, the 1050ti driver, and did the current bios flash. I did check for updates using the included ASUS update utility but it said no updates were available. I just thought about needing to try the mouse on my wife's desktop and see if it acts up in any way.

KyLakerat wrote:
I didn't update every driver, but I did update the mouse drivers, the 1050ti driver, and did the current bios flash. I did check for updates using the included ASUS update utility but it said no updates were available. I just thought about needing to try the mouse on my wife's desktop and see if it acts up in any way.

Oh lol not again. Hey budy, if you'd like to have a laugh to read some of my earlier posts, I had the same issue with a G950 I believe.

Long story short, if your issue is like mine, then it is 100% garanteed to be the motherboard firmware. Check if there is any newer one and try that one, if not, downgrade a version at a time until it works. I updated the firmware of my gf motherboard, a h87 plus, and all she had was the black screen. Downgraded and fixed. Every time I get something from ASUS it has to have some kind of quirk, I don't understand what is happening.

Bahz wrote:
Have you tried updating all your USB drivers and also making sure that you have the latest Armoury software and firmware for the Gladius?

You can download the latest Armoury software at the link below:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Mouse/ROG_GladiusII/ROG_Armoury_v10207.zip?_ga=2.22467241...

This version should fix the issue for you.