cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aura problem

skellattarr
Level 10
when I start aura I get driver install failed then driver start failed I tried reinstalling the program but still does it
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
G.SKILL Trident Z 3200mhz 64gb 4x16 timings 16,18,18,38
asus rog strix gtx 1080
TOSHIBA 3TB hdd 3x a total of 9tb, 10 tb hdd and a 1tb mushkin ssd
corsair axi 1200i 1200 watt psu
thermal take view 71 case
49 REPLIES 49

FuryA
Level 8
hi, s
which AURA version did you install, and what OS version is?
Try to do a clean install both

I will never consider "Reinstall the OS" as a solution to an application error. ASUS needs to fix these RGB issues with Aura and the Crosshair VI. I've personally uninstalled, cleaned out, and reinstalled Aura a number of times -- it makes no difference to my non-functional RGB system.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

Unfortunately many people on the forum are having the same problems! Mine worked the very first time, then never again. 😞

skellattarr
Level 10
v 1.04.29 and windows 10 64bit creators update anyway I tried to reinstall the same thing
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
asus rog strix gtx 1080

Once Aura is borked, you really have to hunt down all the crap a regular uninstall leaves behind. For me it took uninstalling using 3rd party software such as Revo Uninstaller Pro and Advanced Uninstaller Pro. Also you need to run a registry cleaner afterward, and manually delete any orphaned directories.

Aura needs a complete re-write. Also if you happen to have any G.Skill RGB DRAM, I strongly suggest never running Aura or the G.Skill software. It has been corrupting the SPD's on that memory, causing multiple issues.

Celty2 wrote:
Once Aura is borked, you really have to hunt down all the crap a regular uninstall leaves behind. For me it took uninstalling using 3rd party software such as Revo Uninstaller Pro and Advanced Uninstaller Pro. Also you need to run a registry cleaner afterward, and manually delete any orphaned directories.

Aura needs a complete re-write. Also if you happen to have any G.Skill RGB DRAM, I strongly suggest never running Aura or the G.Skill software. It has been corrupting the SPD's on that memory, causing multiple issues.

Can you elaborate on this please. Is this a fix for the people who can't launch the Aura software? Or for those who's RGB has completely gone out but software still acts like it is working?

Thanks

skellattarr
Level 10
I'm using corsair vengeance RGB ram 32gb but they don't show up in aura they do in corsair link but the color control does not show up just timings and temps I have the latest corsair link
amd ryzen 9 3950x
CROSSHAIR Viii hero
asus rog strix gtx 1080

I don't where you got the idea the Aura software could control the Corsair RGB ram as that is only supported by Corsair Link and that does not yet support any of the AM4 chipsets for controlling the lighting settings. Unless a product clearly states that it supported by Aura then Aura can not do anything with it.

I have the Corsair LED Red memory and I use a bit of software from rh-software.com called System Information Viewer to control the the light effect so it sits at solid. If you look on the Corsair Community forums you'll find a heap of other people with the same issue as yourself and if you look hard enough you'll find or will be able to ask one of the pro's over their how to get it working for you. In general though it seems Corsair Link is a pretty poorly coded bit of software.

I have the same issue. I think it's the combination of ROG 1080 and motherboard. I did not have the problem until I installed the aura software for the 1080.