cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My recent PG279Q RMA Experience

bfollowell
Level 9
So, it was with extreme apprehension, after reading several of the ASUS RMA horror stories, that I sent my brand-new PG279Q monitor in for service. I had at least seven decent sized clusters of extra bright, almost stark white pixels showing in various locations, so my monitor was definitely a dud, and sending it back to the place of purchase wasn't an option. I really had little choice.

Well, first of all, I saw several posts about broken monitor stands and the like and really couldn't understand those since the RMA instructions specifically stated not to return any accessories that weren't asked for, including the power adapter and the stand. Anyway, I securely packaged the panel only and shipped it off. Exactly two weeks later I received my monitor back and, from all I can see, it is an almost perfect panel. A little back light bleed, which is to be expected with this type of panel, but no dead pixels and no bright spots. The serial number and manufacturing date on the back are the same, so I'm assuming they replaced the panel, but kept everything else. I'm very pleased with the way they corrected my original issue.

That was the good. Now, on to the bad.

The tech that performed my repair was not very careful and paid little attention to the fine details. Cosmetically, my monitor was perfect when I sent it in. Upon return, the front of my monitor looks awful. The little ASUS label sticker at the bottom, center of the front of the monitor is scuffed, moved, and basically all screwed up. Where the letters were split, the upper portions are all shoved up and to an angle and the glue underneath is all smeared all over. I attempted to move these but they don't want to move easily. I contacted ASUS technical support and they stated that they could not send me a label sticker and that I would need to RMA once again to get this corrected. Well, paying $40+ out of my pocket to RMA my monitor back to ASUS, incurring unreasonable expense and risking further damage, just to correct the additional damage that they caused is an unacceptable request in my opinion. Very poor customer service.

Since the monitor works and I'm pleased with the basic function of the monitor, I'm going to keep it as is. I'll try to carefully remove the unsightly ASUS sticker from the front and clean the glue residue off.

Still, if anyone from ASUS tech is reading this, I would highly suggest that you forward this on to your techs. They need to be much more careful when working on other people's property and pay much more attention to quality and detail.

Not the best picture, I know, but good enough to see the label is perfect and straight.

Here's how it looked upon returning to me
7 REPLIES 7

oG_kill3r
Level 7
Unacceptable !

Bill
Level 7
Hello bfollowell
I'm deeply sorry for the horrible experience you had to go through.
Is it possible that you can kindly PM me your RMA number and your unit serial number?
I'll investigate this further more, thank you for using ASUS

bfollowell
Level 9
Thank you Bill. I have sent you the information you requested. I appreciate you looking into this for me.

bfollowell
Level 9
Bill, thanks again for offering to help. Unfortunately, as I expected, it was a complete waste of time. I just received another short answer from support stating:

Thank you for your response. This is Ian O. Apologies but we do not send out stickers for the monitor.
Thank you for being a part of the ASUS family. Have a good day.
If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know, we will be more than happy to assist. you.

Nothing makes you feel more like "family" than having someone damage your property, ship it back to you damaged, then tell you they won't do anything to fix it or make it right.

JustinThyme
Level 13
I understand not sending the logo out, its a trademark and any such company follows the same practice. Levi's treats those little red tabs like they are solid gold!

What I would expect is for them to do this on their own dime and send you a shipping label. Companies do this all the time and IMO they should have done so on the initial RMA as well.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

bfollowell
Level 9
Well, I'm surprised, and it did take 3.5 months to get rectified, but Asus did finally send me not one, but two Asus stickers for the front of my monitor. I'll put one on this weekend and then I'll have a backup.

I guess my story does have a happy ending.

Thank you Asus!

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Sorry for the trouble you went through, we'll look into this internally to avoid the same issue in the future. So glad you are all set now. Happy gaming!