cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix x99 + g.skill RGB aura?!

flashtu1980
Level 7
Hi,
seems that the g.skill RGB Ram works with Aura on the Z270 Boards but whats with the x99 Boards?
Will it work with the Strix x99 Gaming soon?
I think its a shame that the highend x99 platform which is the much more expensive don´t work with it.
8 REPLIES 8

BanulescuG
Level 7
flashtu1980 wrote:
Hi,
seems that the g.skill RGB Ram works with Aura on the Z270 Boards but whats with the x99 Boards?
Will it work with the Strix x99 Gaming soon?
I think its a shame that the highend x99 platform which is the much more expensive don´t work with it.

Same here ! Nobody?

jsarver
Level 11
I've raised this issue in the software section of this forum and asus has completely ignored me. I have the rampage 10th anniversary edition and My ram is stuck in rainbow mode. Pathetic they don't support high end boards and even worse they allowed a "works with aura" sticker to be placed on the product.*

Menthol
Level 14
RGB is fairly new and as typical there is growing pains, kind of an add-on for the established X-99 platform which is more complex than Z-170 and almost EOL.

jsarver
Level 11
Doesn't matter if it's new or not. If the function doesn't work then don't advertise that it does. That's a mistake on both g skill and asus's part. Also if you look at the anniversary edition aura software it's still in beta for god sakes. Every other cheaper board has a newer revision without the beta tag.*

jsarver
Level 11
Any updates on this? G skill just posted that a later version of aura is the one that works with their ram and we should be asking asus where the x99 support is.*

jsarver
Level 11
Version 1.04.31 works perfect! Found it under z350 strix software support.*

I can confirm it my Strix x99 gaming and Aura 1.04.31 finaly shows up the Trident RGB so i can change RAM RGB LED too now thx asus.
pls put the new version into the support page of the strix x99 gaming so that no one have to search for it in other mainboards.^^

jsarver wrote:
Version 1.04.31 works perfect! Found it under z350 strix software support.*

Do You Mean ....... "ASUS-ROG-Strix-X370-F" ....... ??

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-X370-F-GAMING/

Look Under ...... "Win10-64Bit" ........ ??

Kindest Regards,
Joseph Peter Sheehan
"PENTACONE"

PS: RGB - AURA ...... Still Does Not Work on "Prime X370-PRO" ....... Oops ...... !!