cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Squeaky key (A) Probelem...

Retired
Not applicable
Yup my letter A key is squeaky.. anyone know whats happening? It has been like this since i got it. (about 1 day)

Its getting kinda annoying because i used A alot..
9 REPLIES 9

Retired
Not applicable
never heard of a squeaky key from a laptop keyboard before... its actually odd because the springs behind the actual key is plastic and rubber... maybe you can try to pop it off and see if the hinges are squeaky.

Retired
Not applicable
How am i supposed to tell if the hinges are bad? I popped it off but i cant tell

xeromist
Now that you have it off can you still get it to squeak? If you can pinpoint the squeak then you can clean it and lubricate if necessary. If you decide to lubricate whatever is rubbing I would only use a very small amount of silicon or graphite lube. Don't use anything petroleum based as it can damage plastic and paint.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
xeromist wrote:
Now that you have it off can you still get it to squeak? If you can pinpoint the squeak then you can clean it and lubricate if necessary. If you decide to lubricate whatever is rubbing I would only use a very small amount of silicon or graphite lube. Don't use anything petroleum based as it can damage plastic and paint.

Yup lubed with Silicone
lube not oil.. still squeaky! l

xeromist
Bummer, apparently the friction point must be hard to get at with the lube or it would have seeped in. Are we talking mouse fart or bed springs at a fleabag motel kind of squeaking?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Mouse Fartish its Squeak with sort of sepration not fluid aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa i left the lube there for about a day still nothing... >.< aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa AAAAAAAA i think i can live with this though it just does it when i am typing at an certain angle with some varying pressure.

xeromist
I think I know what you're talking about but like Brian I've never seen it happen on a laptop, only a desktop keyboard.

Retired
Not applicable
Sad... its gotten better i think i have to avoid typing on a certain spot now!

Retired
Not applicable
i still cant really imagine it. are you able to take a video of it?