cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI-E negotiating issue

Dazdigo
Level 7
This is not an issue anymore for me per say, but it would be good for other people to know.
I had an issue with the former BIOSes negotiating my GPU to the x8 speeds (only card using the PCI-E ports) which I was able to very from within the BIOS, however it appear that the newest update 1107 fixed it so now it is operating at the full speed.
I have a PNY GTX 970 so if you guys are having any PCI-E negotiation issues, I would recommend to update your bios.
3 REPLIES 3

josh_b
Level 7
Hi Asus team, is there any update on this issue? I have also opened a bug report with likewise no reply or update.

josh_b wrote:
Hi Asus team, is there any update on this issue? I have also opened a bug report with likewise no reply or update.

Have you updated to BIOS 1107 as the OP suggested? If you are on an older BIOS, the solution appears to be upgrade the BIOS.
Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

entropic-remnants wrote:
Have you updated to BIOS 1107 as the OP suggested? If you are on an older BIOS, the solution appears to be upgrade the BIOS.

I have updated the BIOS to 9945 now. No improvement RE: IOMMU, PCI-e compat.