cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bclk woe's MIXH

Klute_Onren
Level 9
Just looking for advice on bclk overclocking. I have looked at an old MVIIIH bclk thread and followed that to a basic bclk guide but I can't even seem to get 125 bclk to work. On my last cpu there was a section where I could do an ROG preset and booted the thing at 250bclk with nothing more than a couple clicks. Not available now, either cause of the new cpu or maybe it's not on the newest bios. Anyways I'm just looking for advice. I can only find initial fclk setting and I'm hanging on a 09 qcode which seams to be pch related. I've messed with vcore pch voltage pll termination pll bandwidth llc dram volt dram speed and probably more. Any thoughts would be nice, thanks.

edit: all speeds are at or below default with the bclk in mind
edit again: any guides you can offer would be great. Most everything I find doesn't exist anymore and googling doesn't seem to work.
edit: Chip is a G4560 that won't OC apparently
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152
Hi Klute_0nren

I'm able to hit a BCLK of 312.50 with the Maximus IX Code and 7700k.

The trick is to lower your ram speed some, somewhere between 2400MHz and 2800MHz should work in hitting high BCLK's. For higher than 200 BCLK set the FCLK to 400MHz.

FCLK x BCLK = System Agent Clock and the System Agent Clock can run comfortably at 1,6000MHz.

Here is watchdogs 2 running with 312.50 BCLK.

The Bus Clock = The BCLK

well, I have done all of that and I was hoping you would respond. I was reading your MVIIIH thread and only got a couple pages in but was hoping you had learned a few thing's since then, and it seems you have. Problem is I can't get 125 to work. Maybe I'll swing for the fence and shoot for a higher bclk? I'm going to read that whole thread and see what I can pick up. But knowing that up to 1600 is feasible makes me wonder if this chip simply can't handle it.

A question, which uefi are you running this on? I know you went to MIXH so that'll help me figure it out, but on my uefi I only have initial fclk. What's the deal with that? Is it also eventual?

Well I'm going to tinker more later and I'll have ton's of questions, most of them won't make sense but thank you for the response.

Nate152
Try 200 BCLK and should be easy to hit.

Just go into the bios and set the BCLK to 200, this is going to raise the cpu core, cpu cache and memory speeds so half the multipliers of the core and cache ratio then set your ram frequency to 2400MHz, the FCLK can be at 800MHz for 200BCLK.

Let the pch and pll termination voltages on auto.

F10 and Enter to save and exit.

How does she go ?

I'm on the latest bios for the Maximus IX Code.

ok so I just did some looking around and everyone say's that they are locked with microcode to 102.9 bclk.......... what a joke. Thanks intel you freaking tools, this chip would have been so fun. Gotta protect your other products because NO ONE would make all of their chips unlocked *COUGH*AMD*COUGH*

Makes sense too, I get a Q-code 09 which is the PCH fails to initialize after microcode. Well at any rate this is quite a respectable little chip so far, haven't done much gaming but it runs The division rather well, granted I spend more time on loading screens but you'd expect that for a $240 difference in price.

I can't even swap it with my mom's I3 6100 because of the microcode on z270 boards.