cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prey Steam code invalid

Nextra
Level 7
Hello,

I successfully completed an ASUS Promotion with my Crosshair VI Hero Motherboard, and received the email with my supposed Steam key for Prey yesterday. However, Steam does not recognize the game key and tells me it is invalid. The included pre-order code seems to be valid but can't be activated without owning the game of course.

Any help?
5 REPLIES 5

sahome
Level 7
Hi,
I have exactly the same problem. The code is not accepted although I tried with copy & paste, manual typing and replacing critical letters (O vs. 0. I vs L etc.).
I replied to the generic info mail, but so far no response.

BR
Stefan

Same problem here in Germany. The key for the game is invalid, the one for the DLC seems to be working. I wrote an email to info@asus-promotion.de. No response so far.

Hi,
I got a new code today after a wrote to Asus on friday 😄 .. Great support though.
Checked it on steam and it is working!!! One letter was wrong.

PS: I'm from Germany as well.

BR
Stefan

They got back to me aswell, and the new steam key is working fine. Someone (or something) mistook an 'X' for a 'Y', it was also just this single character being swapped. Maybe try that @Asus4Prey

I just got an email with a new Steam key that is working. One wrong letter :rolleyes:
I thought they would just copy paste the keys.

@Nextra
Thanks for the advice. I tried to change some of the letters but was not succesful. Now excuse me. I have to Prey ... uhm I meant play, I have to play 😉