Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-code 62 when booting or waking PC from sleep

KvarnerSA
Level 7
I have following setup:
Ryzen 1700 (not overclocked)
C6H
GSkill Trident Z 2x8GB 3000 MHz (working on 2.133, no tampering)
Sapphire Nitro RX480 8GB
Intel M2 SSD 256 GB

The most frequent error (motherboard q-code) I encounted is 62, with also VGA light lit below the error display screen.
It happens on startup, I press restart and PC works. Same thing happens when PC goes to sleep after inactivity. Pressing any key to wake it up just gives code 62.
Restart and it's ok.
Now it seems it happens like 50% of the time, not always.
I am at 1002 BIOS version.

Have been also having issues with 0d code, which gives me more headache, 62 is solvable by restarting but would like to understand how to prevent it from happening.
3 REPLIES 3

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi KvarnerSA and Welcome to ROG 🙂

Very often Qcode 62 is related to the GPU especially if the VGA_LED is lit.
Check youR cabling and connections to the GPU are OK and that the card is firmly seated.
If your getting Qcode 0d then this is very often RAM related. You have 3 buttons on the MB and the second from the Start button is SAFE_BOOT button. Use this to get back to your Bios. May require a few tries.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Thank you for reply and welcoming me here, MM.

I check cabling and connections of GPU, had it removed 2 times now and re-seated.
What is strange is that after getting code 62, simple restart does the trick.
Will try with 1007 BIOS to see if it will work normally.

Code 0d had me working around it left and right. It usually came with RAM light on the MB lit on.
Had to reseat RAM (they are in A2 and B2 slots), sometimes would remove all and then try with one stick only.
At one point I actually thought one of the RAM sticks is faulty and was ready to return it to shop.
I tried with safe boot button, but mostly it did not work. Once it did, but I keep all stock settings at BIOS for now so nothing to change there.

Hope to collect some good information here on tweaking the MB and making PC work without problems and at it's max potential.

MeanMachine
Level 13
You will find the best of help here at ROG 🙂

Do not worry too much at this stage KvarnerSA. As this is a new platform you will have to wait till Bios micro coding is complete for addressing some OC RAM.
I also have 16GB @ 3000MHz and have had to Tweak my Bios DRAM timings and voltages to get them to work with my OC and can be a little frustrating atm.
The latest Bios 1007 has been helpful for some however not so for others. I am still on 1002 and my system is stable. Patience is the key and a slight OC on the CPU can help.
Reading the other Forum posts will help discover the best settings for your Bios however, rest assured you have a kickass system.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]