cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPS in games

moshdaman
Level 7
Is this just me or is anyone else feeling/seeing the same results.

I have finally got round to playing some games after days of tweaking (Hooray), I was playing GTAV and had set graphics to high setting average of 90-95 fps under 1920x1080, then i switched to native resolution which is 2560x1440@ very high settings and was still getting 90-95fps in game even after i restarted to make sure at some stages going into the 110+ fps.
I then tested on other games, Witcher 3, Rise of tomb raider and GOW4, mafia3 and so on with similar results maybe 5 or so fps difference but not enough to warrant the change in game quality it seems that my rig has a all or nothing attitude in regards to graphics and preformance lol.
3 REPLIES 3

flynkalika
Level 7
moshdaman wrote:
Is this just me or is anyone else feeling/seeing the same results.

I have finally got round to playing some games after days of tweaking (Hooray), I was playing GTAV and had set graphics to high setting average of 90-95 fps under 1920x1080, then i switched to native resolution which is 2560x1440@ very high settings and was still getting 90-95fps in game even after i restarted to make sure at some stages going into the 110+ fps.
I then tested on other games, Witcher 3, Rise of tomb raider and GOW4, mafia3 and so on with similar results maybe 5 or so fps difference but not enough to warrant the change in game quality it seems that my rig has a all or nothing attitude in regards to graphics and preformance lol.

Which cpu are you using? Anyways games prefer high clocks and at 1080p you are probably cpu bounded.

flynkalika wrote:
Which cpu are you using? Anyways games prefer high clocks and at 1080p you are probably cpu bounded.

1600x ocd to 4gz gtx 1070

moshdaman wrote:
1600x ocd to 4gz gtx 1070

Definitely weird. Try to lower your settings in GTA v in full HD. RAM frequency?