cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(EX goodbye)

fatez
Level 8
Dear ASUS I just wanted to tell you that you've lost a customer.
Am a holder (ex) a Z270i Gaming,*I wanted to tell you that your bios is pitiful, buggy.

but the saddest thing is to see a company that does not respond to clients.
goodbye*
30 REPLIES 30

Nate152
Hi fatez

Since you took the time to post this could you please take time and explain what you don't like about the bios and what bugs you are encountering ?

Nate152 wrote:
Hi fatez

Since you took the time to post this could you please take time and explain what you don't like about the bios and what bugs you are encountering ?

Are u serius?

*just to mention the latest

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93144-Z270i-Strix-Gaming-XMP-Lockups

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93054-Artifacts-sometimes-when-booting-up-and-error-code-4...

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92032-Asus-Strix-Z270i-Issues-Red-CPU-LED

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92985-Asus-z270i-Gaming-BOOT-Problem

Luckily I bought this motherboard from Amazon, I did return and I'm waiting for a gigabyte : GA-Z270N-Gaming 5**

Nate152
well the message you're getting after shutting your psu off is an overclocking failed message which is an indication your system is not fully stable.

If you list your pc specs we could possibly remedy that.

Nate152 wrote:
well the message you're getting after shutting your psu off is an overclocking failed message which is an indication your system is not fully stable.

If you could list your pc specs we could possibly remedy that.

not fully stable? mean...

- i7-7700k in no OC mode.
- Asus 1080ti FE in no OC mode.
- I tried 6 different brands of ram, the latter are F4-3200C16D-16GTZR only XMP and with all : baaam blcak screen.

*does not justify ASUS,*they did a very good hardware but with a bad bios, it is undeniable.

Nate152
Thank you

Anything over 2133MHz ram is considered overclocked and 3200MHz ram some of the time will not be plug and play and will require some voltage adjustments which is what I'm suspecting. Also setting your ram manually sometimes gives better results.

You can try with XMP again and raise:

cpu system agent voltage anywhere from 1.15v and up to 1.25v
cpu vccio voltage anywhere from 1.15v and up to 1.25v

These voltages are found on the Tweaker tab in the bios, give this a try and see if you still get the overclocking failed message. You may need to play with those voltages until you get it to boot successfully and may take a few tries.

Let us know how it goes.

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you

Anything over 2133MHz ram is considered overclocked and 3200MHz ram some of the time will not be plug and play and will require some voltage adjustments which is what I'm suspecting. Also setting your ram manually sometimes gives better results.

You can try with XMP again and raise:

cpu system agent voltage anywhere from 1.15v and up to 1.25v
cpu vccio voltage anywhere from 1.15v and up to 1.25v

These voltages are found on the Tweaker tab in the bios, give this a try and see if you still get the overclocking failed message. You may need to play with those voltages until you get it to boot successfully and may take a few tries.

Let us know how it goes.

Acoording to Intel's site i7 7700k supports up to 2400. However 3200 is not supported and is overclock as you indicated.
https://ark.intel.com/products/97129/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_50-GHz

Amsterdam
Level 9
fatez wrote:
Dear ASUS I just wanted to tell you that you've lost a customer.
Am a holder (ex) a Z270i Gaming,*I wanted to tell you that your bios is pitiful, buggy.

but the saddest thing is to see a company that does not respond to clients.
goodbye*

For me the same. Reported so much bugs and the only thing they said is 'we send it to our team'. A company like Asus needs much more anticipate and modernize their software (WITHOUT COPY PASTE OLD CODE!!!!!!!!!), and not only make nice shiny websites for promotion.

Bahz
Level 12
I want to let you guys know that our MB team is quite actively looking on the threads and our R&D are constantly working on BIOS versions to improve and performance and stability on latest generation platforms. The BIOS development takes time and unfortunately we need to do proper testing before we can release versions to the public, to call out and say that we're not doing anything in my opinion is unfair to those engineers that are working around the clock.

Bahz wrote:
I want to let you guys know that our MB team is quite actively looking on the threads and our R&D are constantly working on BIOS versions to improve and performance and stability on latest generation platforms. The BIOS development takes time and unfortunately we need to do proper testing before we can release versions to the public, to call out and say that we're not doing anything in my opinion is unfair to those engineers that are working around the clock.

proper testing before*placing a product on the market and not after.