cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help fixing Asus G751JT ROG Key, etc. Not working anymore. Win10 creative update

AFellowCanuck
Level 7
Friday I received a notification that the Windows 10 Creative update was ready to install, so going ahead and running it letting it do its thing.
Computer restarts, I sign in and I get nothing. Just a black screen and I'm ale to move the mouse cursor around. It's happened before but you know, I restart it and it's good to go.
Not this time. I try restarting, etc and nothing wants to work. So I go to the last resort - resetting Windows. Apparently I didn't realize the UXstyle patcher was causing major problems. (I played aound with it and then forgot about it.)
I left my Asus G751JT on all night, installing some Adobe CC programs that I need.

Here's where I need your help.
The Asus ROG Key (right above the 7 on the numpad) along with the Steam key up top, plus the recording key doesn't work anymore. I press them and nothing happens.

I was able to get most of the Asus utilities (Game center, etc.) From the Support page.
I'm still missing the Nvidia program that was on here.

My question though, How do I bind the three special keys to open the programs that they were meant for?
Also on a side note, I'm plugging my headphones in and can hear them being plugged in, but the normal pop up isn't coming up saying I have headphones in.

Edit - I'm using my headphones and it's working, there was just no pop up. I did find the pop up in the sound settings in the control panel
7 REPLIES 7

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes you'll need to reinstall the drivers, CU installed generic Native dhttps://www.asus.com/supportrivers, your notebook needs the ones from Asus and NVidia, Asus support Downloads the NVidia one on the Asus page will get you going. Or download direct from NVidia uninstall and reinstall the ATK package Check them all in device Manager.
Don't know what to say about your upgrade experience?? I have found that downloading the latest windows 10 Install from MS and then running an upgrade install from windows to be the least problematic way to get then major upgrades
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks,
I'm been redownloading them last night.

TheNvidia says it's like 200 something megs so I'll wait to download that one tonight.

I've checked in the Device Manager and it says everything's up to date, it's just not showing the specified apps.

Yes up to date as per MS Windows. You need to check the driver versions each one and determine if it the generic version or the Asus version. remember your working with a Gaming Notebook, Some hardware needs the Asus tweaked driver versions at least until you have your notebook stabilized and everything working correctly.

Then you can experiment with drivers from hardware manufacture. Especially the NVidia drivers there have been issues with the last couple of drivers released by NVidia and our Gaming Notebooks so use the ones on Asus site at least long enough to get your notebook stabilized everything working correctly.

Your manual will explain your hardware and Asus software. If you haven't downloaded it do so also on the Asus site. Again in Device Manager what matters is what Driver Version is installed. What Windows thinks you should have, is not what your notebook needs necessary to function correctly.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Well I downloaded the Nvidia GeForce Experience app and according to it I just had to update the driver to the new version which I'm doing now, so I think I'm pretty good with catching things up.

My word of advice, don't bother downloading any of those theme changers.

Theme changers I have no Idea what your talking about. I haven't seen anything like that on the Asus website?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

i have asus rog gl503-ge with an error rog key and microphone key. before that it work properly. how to fix it?

14511291 wrote:
i have asus rog gl503-ge with an error rog key and microphone key. before that it work properly. how to fix it?

A. sorry but it's the wrong thread to reply about your laptop: this sub-forum is about G-serie laptops NOT GL-serie.
B. update NVIDIA driver from NVIDIA site, and reinstall ATK driver from asus support site for your laptop OR other NEWER laptop if it doesn't work AFTER reboot.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]