cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog gladius 2 dead

aylan1196
Level 7
I've received the mouse today installed rog armory it requested an update I accepted and through half the process I've got error in updating and rog armory asked to reconnect the mouse now it's not detected by any means plz advise
15 REPLIES 15

mcleod52
Level 8
The mouse came with two cables. Perhaps try the other cable?

Slick8791
Level 7
I received one today that I ordered last week from Amazon.com. As soon as I picked it up to plug in the cable I heard pieces rattling around inside the mouse. :mad:

I didn't even bother trying to hook it up. Immediately did a replacement order and shipped it back the same day I got it. The new-new one should be here next week... :mad: :mad:

It would be helpful if someone from ASUS team to explain how to get the mouse in boot loader mode as I tried everything else different cable different USB port no success I thing it's a broken firmware update plz reply asap

aylan1196 wrote:
It would be helpful if someone from ASUS team to explain how to get the mouse in boot loader mode as I tried everything else different cable different USB port no success I thing it's a broken firmware update plz reply asap

Hold down left, middle and right while plugging it into the USB port. That should force the update when you open the armoury software. On mine button to keyboard binds are not recognize in game among other problems. (current firmware/software)

sbausa wrote:
Hold down left, middle and right while plugging it into the USB port. That should force the update when you open the armoury software. On mine button to keyboard binds are not recognize in game among other problems. (current firmware/software)

Yes, this is the default way to force the firmware into bootloader mode to allow the firmware to be reset.

Could you share a list of all the other issues you're experiencing?

Bahz wrote:
Yes, this is the default way to force the firmware into bootloader mode to allow the firmware to be reset.

Could you share a list of all the other issues you're experiencing?

ROG_Armoury_v10203 Firm:0174
Win10 64bit 1703 Build: 15063.296 clean and updated.

1. Mouse buttons that are bound to keyboard keys didn't work in any games I tried.
Example: Bind key "c" to sniper button click save. Open notepad hit sniper button and "c" is typed.....awesome
Open game Bf4, titanfall, BO3, left 4 dead ect. go to key binding section next to crouch. click sniper button and it input (MOUSE4) not key "c"......hmmm
Okay let see what happens when I hit the side fwd. button (MOUSE4) err ok makes since, it's not rebind. Lets go for mouse side Bck button
(MOUSE5) ok. So I have 3 buttons on the side and they register as MOUSE4, MOUSE4, MOUSE5. Same thing apply to all buttons on mouse.
2. Macros bind to mouse buttons worked in notepad not in any games. When creating a macro, in macro box right click on function to edit or
delete recorded function. When you click on edit it would delete the function and if you clicked on delete it would edit the function....lol. Really?
3. Hey they have some killer RGB lights though.

Yes I realize I am an early adopter to this mouse, pre ordered even. Love at first sight and had to have one. Looked like it would fit like a glove and it did. Was and am looking for a mouse/keyboard combo from one source and thought "hey I've always had good luck with Asus motherboards in the past" and I really like my MG248Q. Lets try this new "Esports FPS" mouse. For the last 4 weeks I've been trying new mice to replace an old Tyon with a failing sensor. Rival 700, 500, Corsair M65 RGB, Logitech g502. All went back to best buy except the g900 i'm trying now. RMA'd the
Gladius II Sat. and just saw the new firmware and driver drop today....bummer I missed it.

mcleod52
Level 8
This is an enthusiast forum and not a helpdesk. 🙂
Perhaps call ASUS or contact them directly for help.

mcleod52 wrote:
This is an enthusiast forum and not a helpdesk. 🙂
Perhaps call ASUS or contact them directly for help.

It is a forum, so any subject about Asus products are welcome here 🙂

Bahz
Level 12
Thank you for providing back all the information, I'll pass on the information over to our peripherals team but I think I'll wait until you get back the replacement and try the new firmware and driver, incase some of the issues you mentioned may have been fixed.

For those having errors with the software or similar issues to what sbausa is having, please try the new firmware and let me know if you still have any issues.