cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvments to my system

tommywho1
Level 7
If you look at what my system is and say if any good and what can i do to make it better
need top of the range to check emails lol
i'm sure you guys know heaps more i'm just learning
cheers
15 REPLIES 15

Nate152
Hi Tommywho1

You have an awesome gaming pc, the only thing I see to increase performance is add another 1080 ti for SLI but I don't know if you need it with the PG348Q monitor. It depends on the games you play and how many frames per second you're currently getting if you'd want or need one.

Or you could keep what you have and overclock your cpu and gpu.

nate152 wrote:
hi tommywho1

you have an awesome gaming pc, the only thing i see to increase performance is add another 1080 ti for sli but i don't know if you need it with the pg348q monitor. It depends on the games you play and how many frames per second you're currently getting if you'd want or need one.

Or you could keep what you have and overclock your cpu and gpu.

thanks nate still doing a lot of checking out how to overclock havn't started to experiment just yet

Nate152
You should see how many frames per second you're getting, if you're hitting 100 FPS in your games you really don't need to overclock.

Do you have a program that shows FPS while playing games ?

Nate152 wrote:
You should see how many frames per second you're getting, if you're hitting 100 FPS in your games you really don't need to overclock.

Do you have a program that shows FPS while playing games ?

I think I can get the monitor to put on screen whilst playing I'LL SUS IT OUT CURIOUS TO SEE WHAT I GET

Nate152
Ok yeah tell us how many Frames Per Second you're getting, then if you want or need more I'll help you overclock if you like.

Nate152 wrote:
Ok yeah tell us how many Frames Per Second you're getting, then if you want or need more I'll help you overclock if you like.

cheers I just did benchmark with game for Honor and it said average of 83fps not sure on how to test I don't have a program as such to test if you could recommend one cheers I'll give it a go

Nate152
Well that's pretty good, you could overclock to see if you can hit 100 FPS.

You can start with your 1080 Ti, Chino made a guide for overclocking the ROG Strix 1080, you can use it as everything applies to your 1080 Ti.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?87087-Overclocking-the-Strix-GTX-1080

Once you get your gpu overclocked then you can overclock your cpu.

I'm going to sign off, it's 2 am here in the u.s. if you would like help overclocking your cpu I'll gladly help you tomorrow. 🙂

Nate152 wrote:
Well that's pretty good, you could overclock to see if you can hit 100 FPS.

You can start with your 1080 Ti, Chino made a guide for overclocking the ROG Strix 1080, you can use it as everything applies to your 1080 Ti.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?87087-Overclocking-the-Strix-GTX-1080

Once you get your gpu overclocked then you can overclock your cpu.

I'm going to sign off, it's 2 am here in the u.s. if you would like help overclocking your cpu I'll gladly help you tomorrow. 🙂

cheers Nate its a sunny Wednesday 2pm day here lol thanks

AlexB121
Level 7
dude with a system like that and ur 100 fps is not that good buddy get a 4k monitor and ull love the difference imop qhd is old news 4k is the truth right now buy a 4k monitor an ull see the difference.. im using a zotac 1080 not the ti yet im running 70 fps on it ultra settings 4k 4880x2160 its a huge difference