Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Water temp controlled fan speds.

Crosshair 6 Hero has an input for liquid temperature sensors, is it possible to run fan profiles from this data alone?
    My Ryzen 1700 is running too cold I am having a lot of trouble getting proper fan response in relation to the loop temperature.
    I also have two R9 290s in the same loop and this makes this issue worse since some games are really heavy on the GPUs while my CPU is barely braking a sweat.

I don't like to run software based solutions so I really really would like to have BIOS based fan curve.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Waza88 View Post
    Crosshair 6 Hero has an input for liquid temperature sensors, is it possible to run fan profiles from this data alone?
    My Ryzen 1700 is running too cold I am having a lot of trouble getting proper fan response in relation to the loop temperature.
    I also have two R9 290s in the same loop and this makes this issue worse since some games are really heavy on the GPUs while my CPU is barely braking a sweat.

I don't like to run software based solutions so I really really would like to have BIOS based fan curve.
    Subscribed o.o

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

That would require the mobo to have an input for a coolant temperature sensor. There doesn't appear to be a place where that could be done on the Crosshair VI -- maybe in the next generation? If you were to bring that in via USB say, it would have to meet some standard and then it could be put in the mobo BIOS -- but is there an USB based coolant temperature standard that everyone sticks to?

If you think about it though, your 1700 has 16 threads available and even the most demanding games never load them all up much. It seems to me that a quality software solution would actually be very little overhead so perhaps you can try that and see how it performs.

Not sure which programs you would use for that though. I just used Corsair Link when I was running my AIO but it sounds like you've got a much more complex setup and I have no experience with that.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by entropic-remnants View Post
    That would require the mobo to have an input for a coolant temperature sensor. There doesn't appear to be a place where that could be done on the Crosshair VI
    This mobo has W_In and W_out temperature sensor pins. So it can already monitor liquid temperatures along with tachometer to monitor flow rates.
    Would be cool if this data could be used to run the system fans. I don't have proper sensors on hand but I do have liquid temperature sensors in place connected to two LCD displays. I don't really care for the mobo to know the water temp if I cannot use it to run fans and hence I would like to know if that is possible before shelling out cash for the sensors.
    I'm quite sure this is something that could be implemented with a bios update if it does not already exist, since there already is temperature reading in place for watercooling loops.

I used one of my air temperature sensors that is measuring hot air leaving my case after all of the radiators. This probe is usually withing 2-4c from liquid temp.
    Connected to W_IN Temperature
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jpg.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	64557
    Last edited by Waza88; 05-11-2017 at 05:15 AM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Holy crap! All the time I've spent with this thing and I never once noticed those inputs. Well bless me for an idiot and thanks for being gentle with my education, lol. I really do feel stupid.

Well, I agree with the premise then: since those inputs are there it really should be built in that some of the fan or pump outputs should be controlled by those temps.
    Tired of trolls and mods that act like this platform has no problems and it's the users fault. Later.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array AlexB121 PC Specs
    AlexB121 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus Rog G501
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME
    ProcessorAMD RYZEN 7 1800X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo) Socket AM4
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB 4 x 8GB DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce® GTX 1080 TI
    MonitorASUS MG28UQ Gaming Monitor x2
    Storage #1Samsung 960 PRO Series - 512GB PCIe NVMe - M.2
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 2280 512GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4
    CPU CoolerEKWater EK-KIT X360
    CasePhanteks ENTHOO EVOLV ATX GLASS
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold Modular ATX Power Supply
    Keyboard Corsair Gaming K95 RGB
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    Headset ASUS Strix 7.1 Superior True 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset & ASUS Strix 7.1 Superior True 7.1 Wireless
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Republic of Gamers Design 001
    Headset/Speakers Asus STRIX 7.1
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterVerizon's FiOS Quantum + Asus RT-AC87U

Great post now my question is when i use asus ai suite 3 i see water in temp water out temp but no flow speed is that only available in bios or is there another program we can use from asus that will give me all the input meaning water in water out and flow speed not just water in and water out like asus suite 3

New ROGer Array Krayn PC Specs
    Krayn PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Crosshair VI Hero
    ProcessorRyzen7 1800x
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M2B3000C15
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 980 TI Gaming X (EK Waterblock)
    MonitorASUS MG248Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Evo 500GB
    CPU CoolerEK Supremacy Evo, 360 + 280 RAD
    CaseFractal Define S
    Power SupplyCorsair RM650i
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Logitech G503
    Headset Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO
    OS Fedora 25 + Windows 10 Pro (only for Games)

Quote Originally Posted by Asus121 View Post
    Great post now my question is when i use asus ai suite 3 i see water in temp water out temp but no flow speed is that only available in bios or is there another program we can use from asus that will give me all the input meaning water in water out and flow speed not just water in and water out like asus suite 3
    You have to set the CPU fan to Water Cooler (you can choose CPU FAN or Water Cooler when assigning the FAN Position). If you click on the CPU Fan now there is a display for flow.

Also i just noticed in the FAN section at the bottom right there is WATER_FLOW aswell.
    Last edited by Krayn; 05-11-2017 at 03:13 PM. Reason: typed captcha in title :P

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array davemon50 PC Specs
    davemon50 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY-DH72 (17") and Asus G752VT-DH74 (17")
    MotherboardAsus ROG LGA2011-v3 Rampage V Edition 10, x99 EATX
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-6950X Extreme 10-core 25MB Cache 3.0 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX Red DDR4 DRAM 64GB-4x16 3333 (CMK64GX4M4B3333C16R)
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Graphics Card #2Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 Fury 4GB HBM Backplate
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX Hi-Fi Audio DAC
    Monitor(2) Dell UltraSharp U2515H 25-inch monitors
    Storage #1(3) SSD's - Samsung 960 1TB M.2, Intel 535 480G, Intel 510 250G
    Storage #2(3) HDD's - Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 3.5-in SATA III 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro Series H80
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series 650D Black, ATX, Mid Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair Digital AXi-Series AX1200i (1200W) 80+ Platinum Rating
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless K360
    Mouse Logitech Wireless MX Anywhere 2
    Headset HyperX Cloud II
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Doesn't AI Suite 3 allow you to control fan speeds in your personal profile via discriminating logic amongst 3 sensor inputs? You just have to select multiple as the source. Just wondering if one of the three available in the dropdown is not the water temps you are discussing?
    Davemon50

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by davemon50 View Post
    Doesn't AI Suite 3 allow you to control fan speeds in your personal profile via discriminating logic amongst 3 sensor inputs? You just have to select multiple as the source. Just wondering if one of the three available in the dropdown is not the water temps you are discussing?
    My experiences with AI Suite in the past have not been pleasant. To be totally honest I think that software was a piece of ****.
    I would like to see bios implementation for this as I really don't want to run AI suite in the background. Still I might give AI suite a try if it really allows proper fan curve based on liquid temps.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array AlexB121 PC Specs
    AlexB121 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus Rog G501
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME
    ProcessorAMD RYZEN 7 1800X 8-Core 3.6 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo) Socket AM4
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB 4 x 8GB DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 CL16 Dual Channel
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce® GTX 1080 TI
    MonitorASUS MG28UQ Gaming Monitor x2
    Storage #1Samsung 960 PRO Series - 512GB PCIe NVMe - M.2
    Storage #2SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 2280 512GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4
    CPU CoolerEKWater EK-KIT X360
    CasePhanteks ENTHOO EVOLV ATX GLASS
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3 850 Watt 80 Plus Gold Modular ATX Power Supply
    Keyboard Corsair Gaming K95 RGB
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    Headset ASUS Strix 7.1 Superior True 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset & ASUS Strix 7.1 Superior True 7.1 Wireless
    Mouse Pad Asus ROG Republic of Gamers Design 001
    Headset/Speakers Asus STRIX 7.1
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterVerizon's FiOS Quantum + Asus RT-AC87U

CH6 hero

Quote Originally Posted by Krayn View Post
    You have to set the CPU fan to Water Cooler (you can choose CPU FAN or Water Cooler when assigning the FAN Position). If you click on the CPU Fan now there is a display for flow.

Also i just noticed in the FAN section at the bottom right there is WATER_FLOW aswell.
    Can u post a screen shot of the in windows water flow

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast