cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding new Gladius II mouse to Armoury Software

Slick8791
Level 7
DISCLAIMER: I know this may be a simple/stupid question, but I thought I'd ask anyway to remove all doubt...

I'm swapping out a Gladius 1 mouse for a new Gladius 2. The old (G-1) mouse is currently listed in the installed Armoury software. The install instructions say to 1) plug in the mouse, 2) install the Armorury software (which is already installed).

Should I uninstall the Armoury software first, or do I simply unplug the G-1 and plug in the G-2? I see nothing in the Armoury software for adding or removing devices.
7 REPLIES 7

mcleod52
Level 8
I'd shut the PC down, do the swap and power-up. Hopefully Armoury picks up the new one ...

Bahz
Level 12
You should definitely install the latest Armoury from the Gladius II product page as that's the version you want to use as that's your latest software. I'm not sure if the Gladius 1 has latest software version that is able to update to the latest software version to support Gladius II, so best if you uninstall it and then download the latest version from the product page.

Slick8791
Level 7
Thanks guys! I did have the latest Armoury version installed...10203 prior to getting the Gladius II.

I powered down, plugged in the mouse, booted up and the mouse was recognized in Armoury. So far, everything seems to be working fine but I did experience one stuck reboot that happened after the Gladius II was installed.

Slick8791 wrote:
Thanks guys! I did have the latest Armoury version installed...10203 prior to getting the Gladius II.

I powered down, plugged in the mouse, booted up and the mouse was recognized in Armoury. So far, everything seems to be working fine but I did experience one stuck reboot that happened after the Gladius II was installed.

That's good to hear, please let us know if you discover any other issues.

mcleod52
Level 8
Good to hear it is working for you. I assume armoury did a firmware upgrade on the mouse too?

mcleod52 wrote:
Good to hear it is working for you. I assume armoury did a firmware upgrade on the mouse too?

Correct. A funny observation, the Gladius 2 is very bright at 100% setting. So bright that the Claymore keyboard's colors look washed out and anemic.

Is it even possible for ASUS to up the brightness setting in a future firmware upgrade?

Yeah, yeah...I know...just lower the brightness on the mouse, but where's the fun in doing that...

Slick8791 wrote:
Correct. A funny observation, the Gladius 2 is very bright at 100% setting. So bright that the Claymore keyboard's colors look washed out and anemic.

Is it even possible for ASUS to up the brightness setting in a future firmware upgrade?

Yeah, yeah...I know...just lower the brightness on the mouse, but where's the fun in doing that...

Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely pass this feedback along. The LED used in keyboard and mouse should not be the same spec so that's probably why the brightness levels may differ a little. Also for your information, some fully backlit keyboards exceed to 500mA but majority of keyboard manufacturers try to keep within the compliance standards because anything above 500mA may cause problems with notebooks.