cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix RAID DLX Sonic Radar issue Headphones -Virtual Surround

x7007
Level 7
Hi,

There is something wrong with sonic radar with Headphones. the whole thing suppose to give you the location of where the sound is coming from. but the issue is when using Headphones it only detected as Stereo and Virtual Surround is Upmixing or doing something to give it virtual surround which is good, but the issue is Sonic Radar still showing Stereo and nothing that happen behind me is not shown in the Sonic Radar graphs. Testing a real 5.1 with speakers Sonic Radar shows 360 degrees and works well.

Asus what can we do with this ? because there is no option to change in the Headphones menu from Stereo to 7.1 then Sonic Radar think it still Stereo and only show Stereo graph with only limited location and nothing on the sides or behind.

Can you make a fix ?
11 REPLIES 11

FuryA
Level 8
hi x7007 x7007
please provide the detail settings or screenshot about
no option to change in the Headphones menu from Stereo to 7.1 then Sonic Radar
:rolleyes:

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
hi x7007 x7007
please provide the detail settings or screenshot about
no option to change in the Headphones menu from Stereo to 7.1 then Sonic Radar
:rolleyes:

So in the sonic studio you can pick when using Headphones only Stereo, then enabling Virtual Surround create the 7.1 virtual surround speakers which works well.

If using the Sonic Radar with Headphones while the Virtual Surround is enable and we have Virtual surround depth and it works, but the Sonic radar doesn't show 360 degrees. it only show left,right,center and doesn't go full circle . using Real Speakers 5.1 you can see the Sonic Radar 360 degrees and it works properly .

If sonic radar can't show us what 360 degrees with Headphones in Virtual Surround it's not really working correctly , right ?

Here is a video
https://youtu.be/P9couvkCK0k

can't understand how to put 1080p60fps in youtube....

It happens also in Skyrim and all other games.

x7007
Level 7
any update asus?

x7007 wrote:
any update asus?

hi x,
already reported to the support team , any new update would replay ASAP

x7007
Level 7
Hi FuryA@,

Any update ?
Thanks

x7007 wrote:
Hi FuryA@,

Any update ?
Thanks

hi x7007 just got confirmation
Headphones -Virtual Surround it depends on the game support , not Sonic Radar Pro drivers , most games support Stereo when headphones output
the game does not support headphone output show 360 degrees Virtual Surround ,so it wouldn't show it by design 🙂

x7007
Level 7
I underatand. but for example shadow warrior 2 support 7.1 when enabling virtual surround. it shows 7.1 on the audio settings. disabling it shows stereo. so even when games support it , it doesn't show..

yku sure that's how it works? it could be for other games that I checked and I know they are always stereo. but when the game shows 7.1 audio support with virtual surround enabled then it suppose to show in sonic radar , right? that's not the case.

What can we do?

Thank You

x7007 wrote:
I underatand. but for example shadow warrior 2 support 7.1 when enabling virtual surround. it shows 7.1 on the audio settings. disabling it shows stereo. so even when games support it , it doesn't show..

you sure that's how it works? it could be for other games that I checked and I know they are always stereo. but when the game shows 7.1 audio support with virtual surround enabled then it suppose to show in sonic radar , right? that's not the case.

What can we do?

Thank You

hi x7007 , just double confirm ,when output 7.1 at Radar shows , it must be compatibility list of Sonic Radar Pro
I'll ask the R&D unit try to provide it the compatibility list of games

Please list that shadow warrior 2 support 7.1 when enabling virtual surround but it doesn't show

The detail settings of screenshot , meanwhile I'll pass to the unit to confirm for testing.

Glasofruix
Level 8
Just to clarify something that asus' reps and "engineers" (if there are any) seem not to get when it comes to surround virtualization.

Most modern games look at windows' control panel to select audio output, which means that if you are using the headphones jack it will, 100% of the time, be seen as stereo. Some rare games let you select surround output, but you can count those on one hand of a leper. Now, the sonic studio's surround option is quite good with positionnal audio, what it's not good with is fooling games into thinking that they are actually on a system that is set to surround output. Doby headphones on older xonar cards does exactly that, xear surround on phoebus' old driver did that, razer surround software does that and i'm pretty sure creative cmss-3D does exactly the same.