cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility issues with asus maximus formula IX

Hunter777777777
Level 7
Hey there i have just upgraded my cpu,motherboard and ram and put it all together today.
Aftet putting it together it wouldnt get anything on the screen and came up with error 53.
Error 53 is compatibility issues with ram.

Im running the asus maximus formula IX with an i7-7700k and a 32gig (4x8gig) kit of the corsair vengeance led 3000mhz ddr4
Any idea whats going on?
8 REPLIES 8

StoneCold52
Level 7
I'm running 16 gb of the same ram with no issues. I did find that I had to be extra careful in seating the ram or it wouldn't boot, but I had it in the A2-B2 slots so it was if no ram. Since you have it in all four, it may show compatibility issues if one stick is not seated right. I had to take mine out & put it back a couple of times. One question, do the led's light up? On mine, they wouldn't if not properly seated. You might also test with just one or two sticks inserted. Just some suggestions from my experience. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nate152
Hi Hunter

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Also try clearing the cmos and try 1 stick in all four slots, if still the same error inspect the cpu socket for any bent or misaligned pins with a magnifying glass in good light.

A bios update might get it going too.

Yeah i was trying single ram sticks and dual channel once quad didnt work. I havnt tried single stick in every slot though.
Everytime i tried though i never had the ram light up. Im on my way home from work soon ao will try again and see what happens.

Thanks for the responses 🙂

Chino wrote:
Can you list your full system specifications for me?

Asus maximus formula IX, 32gig (4x8gig) corsair vengeance led ram, i7-7700k, gtx 980, corsair rm850 gold psu and bulk hhd and ssds

Ok guys 1 stick in slot b_1 got it working. Now hoe can i configure it to work with 4 slots and ram run at 3000mhz not 2133? Not use to this new stuff 😛 cheers guys (y)

Chino
Level 15