cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help With Screen Tearing Problem

Not_Enough_Rage
Level 11
I have a ROG PG27AQ monitor that has a 60Hz refresh rate. The GPU is a 1080ti that is capable of generating over 60FPS in all the games I have. I am having problems with screen tearing in The Division game. The tearing only happens while moving around in the game. I enabled V-Sync in that game, and I think G-Sync is enabled in the global settings from the Nvidia control panel, but is there a way to check that G-Sync is on and working properly? Enabling V-Sync in the game has helped, but does not remove the tearing completely.
When I am online surfing the web, sometimes I see a blurred bar and slight tearing in the middle of the screen only when scrolling.
Is there something wrong with the GPU or monitor? Maybe a setting in the Nvidia control panel or game?

Update: The tearing that I said I am getting while scrolling online, is not really tearing. It`s more like a flicker or stutter with a little blurring.

Update 2: There is no tearing when I use the Microsoft Edge browser, but a lot of tearing and blurring when using a different browser. I don`t know if this is a problem with the GPU or something else. I`m thinking about returning this card for an exchange now.
2 REPLIES 2

Janne-71
Level 7
Not_Enough_Rage wrote:
I have a ROG PG27AQ monitor that has a 60Hz refresh rate. The GPU is a 1080ti that is capable of generating over 60FPS in all the games I have. I am having problems with screen tearing in The Division game. The tearing only happens while moving around in the game. I enabled V-Sync in that game, and I think G-Sync is enabled in the global settings from the Nvidia control panel, but is there a way to check that G-Sync is on and working properly? Enabling V-Sync in the game has helped, but does not remove the tearing completely.
When I am online surfing the web, sometimes I see a blurred bar and slight tearing in the middle of the screen only when scrolling.
Is there something wrong with the GPU or monitor? Maybe a setting in the Nvidia control panel or game?

Update: The tearing that I said I am getting while scrolling online, is not really tearing. It`s more like a flicker or stutter with a little blurring.

Update 2: There is no tearing when I use the Microsoft Edge browser, but a lot of tearing and blurring when using a different browser. I don`t know if this is a problem with the GPU or something else. I`m thinking about returning this card for an exchange now.

I have pg279q, and atleast that monitor has framerate counter built in, so if i turn it on if gsync is not on fps is always 144....if gsync is working it's framerate that my gpu can push in a game, for example 80fps. I suspect also your monitor has this fps counter. So play a game that can't reach 60fps then you will see if it's on or not.

Not_Enough_Rage
Level 11
Okay, I`ll try that to test G-sync. But Nate said to turn on both V-sync and Triple Buffering. This has worked and capped the frame rate at 60HZ.
Tearing is gone.