cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura not compatible with Asus Strix 1080 OC TI?

danoz0r
Level 8
Hi guys,

Everything you was running okey earlier with my old 1060.

I reinstalled windows when I added my new strix 1080 ti, that's when I got issues.

So everytime I open aura I get a warning message "install driver failed" I close that window. And it pops again. And then it
Works. From what I can see it syncs with lights but doesnt let me change any setting for chipset.

Is it just because *strix 1080 TI **is not supported yet?
9 REPLIES 9

Nate152
Hi danoz0r

Do you have Aura insstalled for the motherboard? It should be on the motherboard disc or you can get it at the ASUS Support Center.

This will let you sync and control the motherboard and ROG Strix 1080 Ti.

Yes using the latest version of aura for the motherboard.

Nate152
Ok you can try this if you want, I'm not guaranteeing a fix but it may work.

1) Uninstall all Aura software including the Aura gpu software if you installed it.
2) Install the free version of CCleaner and open it.
3) Run the cleaner and click Registry and clean that, it will ask you if you want to make changes to the registry, click No.

4) Install the latest version motherboard Aura driver 1.04.29 from the ASUS Support Center, select your operating system then click Utlitities.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

Does this get it working ?

Nate152 wrote:
Ok you can try this if you want, I'm not guaranteeing a fix but it may work.

1) Uninstall all Aura software including the Aura gpu software if you installed it.
2) Install the free version of CCleaner and open it.
3) Run the cleaner and click Registry and clean that, it will ask you if you want to make changes to the registry, click No.

4) Install the latest version motherboard Aura driver 1.04.29 from the ASUS Support Center, select your operating system then click Utlitities.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-CROSSHAIR-VI-HERO/HelpDesk_Download/

Does this get it working ?

Thanks for quick answer guys.

I tried doing those steps, unfortunately, i got same results.

Perhaps its just not supported yet?

On the Asus website the description of the latest aura version reads:
"Allows the lighting effects synchronization between the motherboard and the following devices:
- ROG STRIX-GTX1080-A8G/O8G/8G-GAMING, ROG STRIX-GTX1070-O8G/8G-GAMING, ROG STRIX-GTX1060-06G/6G-GAMING, ROG-STRIX-GTX1050-2G/O2G/TI-4G/TI-O4G-GAMING, ROG STRIX-RX480-O8G-GAMING, ROG STRIX-RX470-O4G/4G-GAMING, ROG STRIX-RX460-O4G/4G-GAMING VGAs.
- ROG Claymore Keyboard (Claymore v1.04.03, Armoury v1.01.19 or newer)
- ROG Spatha Mouse (Spatha mouse: v1.57, Spatha Dock: v1.26, Armoury v1.01.19 or newer)
- Aura Sync compatible Asus ROG partners devices
please update to latest motherboard BIOS available before installing software
please plug off PC from power source before installing software to ensure motherboard EC reset
for Windows 7 32-bit & 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit."

No mention of 1080 TI

Nate152
That's true,

I'll get confirmation if the ROG Strix 1080 Ti is supported which I would think it is.

Celty2
Level 7
CCleaner is a good application, but it will not detect all the junk Aura leaves behind. Try Advanced Uninstaller Pro, or Revo Uninstaller. and even manually delete any directories that are left behind, and then a registry cleaner. Then reboot and try a re-install.

BaneSilvermoon
Level 7
My Aura has just stopped detecting my 480 Strix in the last couple days as well. Been working fine for a couple months prior. not sure what's going on.

Frikencio
Level 7
Same thing but with RGB Ram (TridentZ). Aura does not detect it.

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Did you download the latest AURA from the ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti page?
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/vga/app/AURA_RGBLightingControl_for_Graphic_card_ROG-XG-STATION-2.z...

Looks like the latest AURA version for the GTX 1080 Ti is v0.0.5.4