cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU FAN speed error detected !

Saint-Gamer
Level 7
Hello Guys.
I have just bought my Rampage V Edition 10, and I'm paring it with my old school cooler (Antec Kuhler h2o 920) it's works fine and dealing with CPU's temperature as well but I'm facing the same kinda of problem when I starting up my RIG which is ( CPU Fan Speed Error Detected).
I did hooked up the tow of radiator's fans to the pump and then the pump on hooked up in the (CPU_FAN) header once and in the (CPU_OPT_FAN) header another
and with both I got the same result and the same kinda of problem!!!
So any kinda of advice about that and if I got something wrong with my motherboard or I just hooked or missed something ???
Thanks you Always!.
2 REPLIES 2

davemon50
Level 11
Hi Warheaven. Congrats on your first post and welcome.

Your setup is similar to mine, except my cooler is the Corsair H80. Also a double width radiator with push pull I brought over from the last build. It does work fine. However that one is a 3-pin and I think yours is a 4-pin PWM?

First thing I would do is follow the advice in THIS FAQ RESPONSE. It indicates near the bottom of the solution that your PWM setup might be going through POST with the fan RPM's set too low, and so it thinks it's not there. It suggests changing your setup to establish a low RPM setting that the board will recognize. Since my cooler is seen by the board as constant RPM I don't have that problem, but yours might see it as 0 (zero) RPM on startup, even though as you indicated it does still work. Personally I wouldn't set a CPU cooler to 200 RPM min, I'd go higher. Even at 600 RPM your fans would still be basically silent. But setting it very low on a CPU cooler fan is chancy IMO in case your thermal paste isn't spread well and you have a few "hot spots".

Let us know how it goes.
Davemon50

Nate152
Hi WarHeaven

I have the Antec Kuhler 920, the software works good that comes with it and you can control the fans by the liquid temp.

Connect the fans to the cpu fan and cpu_opt headers, then on the "monitoring tab" in the bios set the "cpu fan speed" to ignore and use the Antec software, I'm pretty sure there is a usb 2.0 cable that gets connected to a usb 2.0 header, it's been a while since I used it. 🙂

With the cpu fan speed set to ignore you shouldn't get the cpu fan speed error anymore.

Other than the fans being loud with them at 100% the Antec Kuhler 920 is a good 120mm cooler.