cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(New to) Overclocking 6700k

MatthewG
Level 7
I am new to Overclocking and just worried about messing things up any advice would be appreciated.

I have been using my 6700k stock 4.2Ghz with a h100i gtx and been noticing high temp ranging from 74c to 68c while gaming. Then I noticed my vcore was set to 1.44v. I check the UEFI and it was set to auto vcore.

I did a RealBench stress test on the stock settings for 1 hour and the max temp was 84c..

I attempted my first overclock yesterday at 4.4Ghz at 1.25v I did 2 hour Realbench and 6 hour Aida64 temp were max at 72c for both test = stable.

So I tried a few GameBench marks I saw a 3-5% increase only like 5fps but 1 game was showing strang results. Rainbow 6 siege was running fine but at the results page the min would be 13fps this happens in 2 test out of 8.

I decided to downclock to 4.2Ghz at 1.25v, 1 hour Realbench was 71c. So I did Rainbow 6 again after 8 test all results were 114+ for the mins.

So I added 0.025 on the voltage and set adaptive to auto on 4.4ghz still the same results on siege 13fps from time to time.

I am not really looking for a boost in perforce because it's only small gains in fps I just wanted my system cooler.
3 REPLIES 3

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
There's a short guide in my signature if you want to take a look. 🙂

Thanks for the guide Chino.

I used this guide to attempt my slight overclock and reduce temps.
I am happy with the max temp being 72c at full load no sure if I should push it more.

But I read somewhere about condensation and water coolers would I need to worry about this. For example if a game running at 50c and gpu 60c-70c

Nate152
Hi MatthewG

You don't have to worry about condensation with your H100i GTX cpu cooler.

Your temps look great too.