cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX800 suitcase doesn't hold laptop

turbocycle
Level 7
Hello,

I just bought a GX800V laptop and the laptop doesn't fit inside the included suitcase (as confirmed by Asus support).
It appears that the laptop would fit inside the suitcase if the foam were cut out to accept it.

I'll note that the the predecessor, the GX700, DOES fit inside the suitcase that was included with that product.

Is there someone at Asus that I can talk to about this? This suitcase is overkill just to carry the cooling dock. At least they should have included space for both of the AC adapters if nothing else.
3 REPLIES 3

Bill
Level 7
Hello turbocycle
Thank you for your inquiry.
I've brought your concern to our team and talked to them about this. Well, the original idea is to carry the laptop with the backpack, and the dock with the suitcase. So the suitcase is only meant for the dock, not the laptop itself. Thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello turbocycle
Thank you for your inquiry.
I've brought your concern to our team and talked to them about this. Well, the original idea is to carry the laptop with the backpack, and the dock with the suitcase. So the suitcase is only meant for the dock, not the laptop itself. Thank you

Thank you for the reply, Bill. Can you ask your team what is the intended purpose of the large rectangle foam cutout? I can't figure out why that cutout was meant to hold.

jlpfr
Level 7
turbocycle wrote:
Hello,

I just bought a GX800V laptop and the laptop doesn't fit inside the included suitcase (as confirmed by Asus support).
It appears that the laptop would fit inside the suitcase if the foam were cut out to accept it.

I'll note that the the predecessor, the GX700, DOES fit inside the suitcase that was included with that product.

Is there someone at Asus that I can talk to about this? This suitcase is overkill just to carry the cooling dock. At least they should have included space for both of the AC adapters if nothing else.

I am very annoyed with this problem also The suitcase and the backpack it's too much !!
I think it's possible to modify the foam to succeed in storing all in the suitcase, the laptop, the dock and both power supply,
think the suitcase big enough for me...

This problem is really very boring, I do not understand that Asus did not realize a adapted suitcase for this model, I'm very disappointed for this error