cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 7 update 12h and goes on

Mariusz
Level 7
hi guys
- i have a problem with windows7 home premium update on G74SX - dots are moving - indicating that the process is carry on but it stuck on 4 / 30 since last night ( more then 12 h now ) and that's it - any idea how to get over it ? or how to restart a comp - I can't get even to BIOS setup ( f9 if I'm right )

When in trying to restart laptop it straight goes to update screen and that is it. :mad:
3 REPLIES 3

dstrakele
Level 14
Are you talking about upgrading another version of Windows to Win 7 Home Premium or about a failed installation of a Windows Update?

The BIOS is accessed by pressing F2 at startup (at the ASUS splash screen). But before doing that, can you boot into Safe Mode (hitting F8 repeatedly at the ASUS splash screen) to stop the update process?

I think I understand - you have 4 of 30 updates installed. Boot into Safe Mode and use Windows System Restore to restore your system to a time before the Windows Update installations. If it is still updating in Safe Mode, you may want to wait to see if it completes in a few minutes, or try stopping any UPDATE.EXE or MSIEXEC.EXE processes in Task Manager.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
Are you talking about upgrading another version of Windows to Win 7 Home Premium or about a failed installation of a Windows Update?

If it is still updating in Safe Mode, .

4 of 30 it's update not upgrade, and update don't work in safe mode..... my guess is that Windows is waiting for a reply to a safety question

hi

what I'm talking about is a auto update when you turn off a laptop.

i have fixed this by ( as you sad ) doing a recover of a windows - but it is a pain in a neck.
thx for a tip - if i have a problem again i kill the auto update.