Power SupplyCORSAIR RMx Series 850W
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe mk2
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset AfterGlow
    Mouse Pad Logitech PowerPlay
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterBuffalo WZR-1750DHP

Quote Originally Posted by RonGod666 View Post
    Thanks for your help. Does that mean the processor wont even allow an install and just shuts everything down without even providing an error flash screen? Pretty inconsiderate on their part. I'm used to Windows being inconsiderate, but not AMD. I'll try (as much as I hate it) to load Win10.
    Some people have gotten windows 7 to work with ryzen but it looks like it requires a crap ton of hoops to jump through and even after that they are suffering huge performance hits and crashes.

ROG Member Array

Perhaps Just Laziness

Quote Originally Posted by AfterShock View Post
    I remember reading that before amd was even showing demos of the cpu but why in the hell would asus even have downloads for unsupported versions of windows?
    Perhaps it's just laziness buy the cut-and-pasters.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks for your help. Does that mean the processor wont even allow an install and just shuts everything down without even providing an error flash screen? Pretty inconsiderate on their part. I'm used to Windows being inconsiderate, but not AMD. I'll try (as much as I hate it) to load Win10.
    No problem, mate
    Hope you sort things out (btw W10 is not that bad!)

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Korth PC Specs
    Korth PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X99 R5E (BIOS2101/1902)
    ProcessorHaswell-EP E5-1680-3 SR20H/R2 (4.4GHz)
    Memory (part number)Vengeance LPX 4x8GB SS DDR4-3000 (CMK32GX4M4C3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Sound CardJDS Labs O2+ODAC (RevB), USB2 UAC1
    MonitorASUS PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSDs, 4xSATA3 RAID0
    Storage #2Comay BladeDrive E28 3200GB SSD, 8xPCIe2
    CPU CoolerRaijintek NEMESIS/TISIS, AS5, 2xNH-A14
    CaseObsidian 750D (original), 6xNH-A14
    Power SupplyZalman/FSP ZM1250 Platinum
    Headset Pilot P51 PTT *modded*
    OS Arch, Gentoo, Win7x64, Win10x64
    Network RouterActiontec T3200M VDSL2 Gateway
    Accessory #1 TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9E, 1xPCIe
    Accessory #2 ASUS/Infineon SLB9635 TPM (TT1.2/FW3.19)
    Accessory #3 ASUS OC Panel I (FW0501)

Some people have gotten windows 7 to work with ryzen but it looks like it requires a crap ton of hoops to jump through and even after that they are suffering huge performance hits and crashes.
    There are some hoops to jump through. But not really so bad when compared vs the evils of running Win10, lol.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11182/...-windows-7-x64

Fortunately, of course, there's always linux

ROG Member Array

After receiving your post, I followed that lead and it does appear that Win7 is the problem. It can be overcome, but there are a ton of hoops to go through and there is always the possibility that there could be other problems in the future. I'll have to get me a copy of Win10 and try that before my Amazon return window closes. I'll post the results.

Hello

The RMA did nothing more than swapped one working board for another. To install Win7 ASUS EX Installer that is on the included motherboard disk needs to be used.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Found a version of Windows 10 Creators Update full ISO with some junk like Telemetry and Cortana removed, plus RAID Drivers integrated. It's on a legit site. Perhaps this will help you out? http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...e_edition.html

You can make a bootable USB stick using Rufus: http://rufus.akeo.ie/

If you want to boot it in UEFI mode, you need to use these settings in Rufus:

Source: http://disq.us/p/1ieop1q
    Last edited by Undesirable; 05-14-2017 at 09:53 PM.

ROG Member Array

Same-o canned answers.
    Whatever dude . Fact is Windows 7 doesn't natively support USB 3.0. For better or worse, there are more USB 3.0 ports than 2.0 ports. So if something was plugged into anything other than the 2.0 ports, it's likely it won't work for Win 7 setup. I did get Win 7 x64 running on my Ryzen without any major hoops or hurdles. After I realized the reason it was failing to fully boot setup because I was booting off a USB 3.0 port. Everything on 2.0 (My KB & Mouse - Microsoft Scuplt Ergonomic KB and Logitech MX Master mouse - are connected to a USB hub on one of my Dell U2410 monitors, not directly connected)? After the initial install, install appropriate drivers and golden. I'm also only using the two 'non special' ports - not the ones usable for BIOS flashback or 'keybot'. I see you mention that you have your KB & Mouse plugged into 2.0 ports - perhaps it's some other totally random, unrelated and totally unexpected thing like I've been fighting with the USB 3.1 ports? I am on board #4, where I FINALLY found, with a random comment from Bahz, that when I have my three monitors connected via DisplayPort, the AsMedia USB 3.1 controller goes TILT and vanishes (and actually, on this board, I get a USB over current message on boot - with NOTHING USB connected). If I only have one via HDMI or DisplayPort, or two, one via DisplayPort and one via HDMI, the controller is present and happy as a clam. Why three DisplayPort connections to a XFX Radeon RX480 has ANY effect on the onboard AsMedia USB 3.1 controller, I have ABSOLUTELY no clue. But that's what seems to be happening for me. And for the record, Asus told me the same thing with my USB 3.1 port issue - RMA it - but because I could still swap it with Microcenter, I did that instead of RMAing it because I can't be without my machine for a week or three. No one had ever seen this issue, not even Asus. I must be the only one with a C6H, a XFX RX480 video card and three Dell U2410's connected via Displayport.

And as far as AMD being 'inconsiderate' in 'not supporting' anything before Win10, don't blame AMD. If anything, I'd say blame Microsoft. The same issue exists with Intel. The latest Dell laptops that I order for work can no longer support anything before Win 10 because they are not making drivers for these machines and Win 7 (or something to that effect - unlike with Win7 & Win8/8.1, where you could still get Win 7 if you wanted). Like you, I HATE Win 10 - it SUCKS - and it really ticks me off that we're being railroaded into such a flaming bucket of suck invasive, spying, piece of junk OS. And don't get me started on how it 'just installs stuff'. You get rig of the junk, then install an update, and IT'S BACK!!!! Or junk just randomly shows up! Personally, I hope Microsoft comes to their senses and makes a 'Win 11' that is essentially an updated version of Win7, not a bucket of suck like Win10.
    Last edited by SubnetMask; 05-15-2017 at 02:38 AM.

Korth PC Specs
    MonitorASUS PG278Q

Keyboard should always be connected to the KeyBot port (USB 2.0 Port 12), second from bottom in second/middle (black) column of USB ports on the motherboard Rear I/O, illustrated on page 2-13 of the ROG Crosshair VI Hero motherboard manual.

There is no reason to connect a USB keyboard to a USB 3.x port.
    Unless you (and your keyboard) can sustain at least 63 million keystrokes per second.
    Or unless your keyboard provides a USB 3.x hub (with USB 3.x devices plugged into it), in which case you might be better off having a USB 2.0 keyboard plugged into the KeyBot port (at least during boot until Win7 finishes loading USB drivers and finishing USB enumerations). (You can always have two or more keyboards plugged in, if you like.)

The same for the mouse. USB 2.0 Port 13 or Port 14 (above the KeyBot USB 2.0 port) are excellent choices.
    Unless you can move and click your mouse inhumanly fast, lol, or unless (for whatever weird reason) your mouse has a USB 3.x hub (with USB 3.x devices plugged into it).

Never connect USB keyboard and/or mouse to the computer indirectly (through a USB hub). Can cause problems at boot time and run time, decreases reliability and performance. You probably don't use a USB hub this way, but I'm sure some people always do.

Korth PC Specs
    MonitorASUS PG278Q

Quote Originally Posted by Undesirable View Post
    Found a version of Windows 10 Creators Update full ISO with some junk like Telemetry and Cortana removed, plus RAID Drivers integrated. It's on a legit site. Perhaps this will help you out? http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...e_edition.html
    Possibly a "clean" and "legit" Win10 version, exactly as promised.

I would never download a full OS from anywhere other than the official "genuine" source. Trojans, viruses, malware, spyware, loggers and any other kinds of nastiness could come bundled along for the ride - and rootkits installed at the highest software levels (like invisible rootkits running with higher privileges than the operating system) tend to be especially difficult to detect or remove.

Win10 is already a buggy mess to begin with, but at least it's supported and updated on the fly by Microsoft. Can the "legit" site promise to do the same? Can they promise that their modifications to the WinOS didn't introduce any new bugs?

Arguing about this can be a whole topic in itself. More power and kudos to you if you find this "Bloatware Free Edition" is the perfect solution. Although I choose to avoid any and all risk of a compromised OS, regardless how small the risk might be.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast