cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 USB issues/bad Motherboard?

jaikens19
Level 7
Hey All,

I recently purchased this new Motherboard, and everything is running fine except for one issue: after using the PC for awhile, all USB ports cut out. I could be using my PC for hours then all of a sudden in the middle of a game, all USB ports will cut out, then turn back on. My head set, keyboard, mouse, and mic all turn off lights turn off on my RGB devices, etc. They will then turn back on and take 30sec to 1 minute for reconnect. After this happens, it will continue to happen until I restart my PC. I will always get an error saying that a USB device has malfunctioned and is not being recognized. I look in device manager and see that one USB port has yellow triangle next to it.*

Things I have tried:
Reinstalling USB drivers
Made sure all drivers are at current version

I'm not really sure what to do, is the Motherboard bad? Or could one of my devices be causing this issue?

Specs:
ASUS rampage V Edition 10 Mobo
64 GB of Corsair RGB ram, no XMP profile set
I7 6850k, not overclocked
Corsair H115i
Corsair AX1200i
EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3, stock clock.
Intel 750 SSD 400gb pcie
Samsung EVO *1TB

PC Peripherals:
Razer Black Widow X Chroma
Razer Deathadder
Astro A50 w/base station (current gen)
Blue Yeti black out Edition
ASUS PG348q
ASUS PG 279q
16 REPLIES 16

jsarver
Level 11
Do you use the USB hub on the monitor? I have two swift monitors and both their USB hubs were buggy.*

jsarver wrote:
Do you use the USB hub on the monitor? I have two swift monitors and both their USB hubs were buggy.*

I am just using the USB ports on the back of my Motherboard. And I don't have the monitors USB cables plugged into the Motherboard.*

Korth
Level 14
Corsair Link (USB) might be causing issues. Buggy software, I think.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

FuryA
Level 8
hi jaikens19
There are some steps You can try it for troubleshooting
removing the Corsair Link (USB) and keep updating the new BIOS version

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
hi jaikens19
There are some steps You can try it for troubleshooting
removing the Corsair Link (USB) and keep updating the new BIOS version

I will give that a try. This is only happening to the USB ports on the back of the Motherboard. Do you think that corsair link could be causing this?*

Chino
Level 15
You should also disconnect all your USB devices except for your keyboard and mouse. See if the problem occurs.

Chino wrote:
You should also disconnect all your USB devices except for your keyboard and mouse. See if the problem occurs.

So I did this and am currently still doing it. Without any issues. Should I plug in my one of my other devices and test again? And then continue to do that and see if it's one of my USB devices causing the issue?

jaikens19 wrote:
So I did this and am currently still doing it. Without any issues. Should I plug in my one of my other devices and test again? And then continue to do that and see if it's one of my USB devices causing the issue?

That's a good approach. 🙂

I too am also having this issue with my Edition 10 motherboard,

It all started with my Schiit USB DAC disconnecting and reconnecting at random, multiple times/night. Sometimes only reconnecting once plugged into a different USB port than before. I have tried disabling the power management option but the disconnects still happen.

About a week ago, my PC cut power to every USB device for about 5 seconds for the first time. This has happened 4 times now.

I now have a externally powered USB hub with everything but my (Both Corsair) Keyboard, Mouse, and Yeti mic plugged into it but last night the complete power disconnect happened again, along with my DAC disconnecting multiple times.

Not sure if this is relevant info but one of the times it happened, I was watching a youtube video and the video itself cut to a black screen and had to have the page refreshed to resume playback (once the devices powered back on)

I will try plugging only my Keyboard and Mouse into the Motherboard ports, with and without CUE and see what happens over the weekend. If anyone has any tips on getting my DAC to stop disconnecting, that would greatly appreciated. Is there a way to see if there are errors being recorded by windows in regards to the DAC disconnecting?

I am on all up to date drivers with the current BIOS

EDIT: PC Specs
Asus Rampage V Edition 10
i7 6850k (not OC'ed)
Strix 1070 (OC'ed)
EVGA PS1000
Thermaltake 3.0 ultimate AIO
950 m.2 SSD (OS)
850evo SSD (games)
2tb WD Black (media)

EDIT #2: Can start my own thread if that is best. Do not mean to hijack this thread.