cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Card not detecting TV

FDSage
Level 10
This has been an ongoing problem for a pretty long time now. If my PC is turned off for more than a day, it will no long detect my TV. My ASUS monitor works just fine, whether through the Nvidia card or the onboard graphics.

The only workaround I have is to turn off the PSU for a while, then turn it back on and boot up, it'll see my TV again.
I've tried updating Nvidia drivers various times when there was new ones but it makes no difference. I've tried updating my TV, too.

I don't know if it's the card or the TV but I'm sick of dealing with this and not sure where to ask so hoping I can get this issue resolved.
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15
Probably the TV. There are many cases of handshake issues with PCs and TVs.

Some TVs have a dedicated "PC" HDMI port and others let you choose the functionality of the device connected to the HDMI port. You can browse around to see if your TV has any of those 2 options.

chevell65
Level 12
From what I read about this issue, you can uninstall the NVidia drivers completely then reboot and allow Windows to install it's own native drivers and it supposed to work to fix this issue.

chevell65 wrote:
From what I read about this issue, you can uninstall the NVidia drivers completely then reboot and allow Windows to install it's own native drivers and it supposed to work to fix this issue.

Would I be able to reinstall the NVidia drivers afterwards?

The TV doesn't have a dedicated PC port or any options really. It can detect when there's a PC plugged into it and will label the source as PC. Unfortunately I can't force it into PC mode. That's the problem with smart TVs. They think they're so smart and take all your options away from you lol.

FDSage wrote:
Would I be able to reinstall the NVidia drivers afterwards?

The TV doesn't have a dedicated PC port or any options really. It can detect when there's a PC plugged into it and will label the source as PC. Unfortunately I can't force it into PC mode. That's the problem with smart TVs. They think they're so smart and take all your options away from you lol.

If the Window drivers fixed the issue then you would need to keep using them. Apparently the Windows drivers will detect TV's where the NVidia drivers sometimes will not.

kkn
Level 14
use HDMI and its a normal "tv" signal just like a tuner or a bluray player or an amplifier ( surround amp ).