cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G551jw Direct 3d Acceleration issue

fayde
Level 7
Hi guys I am an owner of a g551JW with a 960m and i7 4750hq.
My issue is that after countless driver reinstall and 2 clean windows my Direct 3D Acceleration (which can be seen in Dxdiag) disappears.
For example when I install the nvidia driver and the Direct 3d is enabled for a short while I can play HoTS on ultra without dipping below 30 fps, but when the Direct3d goes to disabled i can barely play on medium without dropping below 30. It is the same issue with every other game I've tried (Dota 2, Cs:go,Overwatch,Diablo etc...).
Everything is set to maximum performance I've tried with the latest drivers, and i have also tried with the drivers from asus but without any luck.
I turn to you rog forum gods please help a fellow gamer ^__^ .
2 REPLIES 2

nickg4000
Level 7
fayde wrote:
Hi guys I am an owner of a g551JW with a 960m and i7 4750hq.
My issue is that after countless driver reinstall and 2 clean windows my Direct 3D Acceleration (which can be seen in Dxdiag) disappears.
For example when I install the nvidia driver and the Direct 3d is enabled for a short while I can play HoTS on ultra without dipping below 30 fps, but when the Direct3d goes to disabled i can barely play on medium without dropping below 30. It is the same issue with every other game I've tried (Dota 2, Cs:go,Overwatch,Diablo etc...).
Everything is set to maximum performance I've tried with the latest drivers, and i have also tried with the drivers from asus but without any luck.
I turn to you rog forum gods please help a fellow gamer ^__^ .

I have the same problem with a G750JM. The only way I have got the 3d accelaeration to work is uninstalling (and deleting) the manufacturer's driver and reinstalling the latest intel driver. Dxdiag then shows 3d as enabled. The only trouble is that Windows automatically updates to the horrendously out of date ROG driver so you need to add a key to the registry to disable automatic driver updates. I am currently trying Rolling back the driver after it has reinstalled itself so I don't have to manually check all the other drivers

Gps3dx
Level 12
forget Asus's GPU driver - NEVER use it as they are OUTDATED in term of YEARS !
make sure to install latest DX9 - even though you play using DX10/11/12, and GET LATEST GPU DRIVER FROM THE GPU MANUFACTURER ! ( intel / Nvidia / AMD ) !

more tips about getting better FPS and avoiding stuttering on win10 1709+, please see my latest posts in the sticky thread/guide about windows clean installation ( links in my sig ).
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]