cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL553VE ROG Gaming Center has suddenly stopped working...

fyrestorm92
Level 7
I just did some updates on my laptop and have had Avast on it since I first got it. I have had no problems with my Gaming center with the exception of it not sensing my graphics card and not sensing the temp nor memory of my GPU. Now after I just updated everything, it won't work at all... Does anyone know what is causing this? I just recently found out my NVIDIA driver had and error but now it no longer says it has an error since I updated... When I try and open the GC it instantly crashes saying it has stopped working and windows will inform if they find a solution to this problem... This happened in literally a span of 10 minutes of it worked and now it doesn't. Any help is appreciated thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

U2Desire
Level 7
Its a conflict with Avast. Either go back to older 1.x version of Gaming Centre or switch to another AV. I personally just use Microsoft Defender and Malwarebytes Premium now.

U2Desire wrote:
Its a conflict with Avast. Either go back to older 1.x version of Gaming Centre or switch to another AV. I personally just use Microsoft Defender and Malwarebytes Premium now.

The exact same thing is happening to me. I use Microsoft Defender as my AV but GC still isn't working. also happened right after updates...
Any clue why?

Yoshi_ wrote:
The exact same thing is happening to me. I use Microsoft Defender as my AV but GC still isn't working. also happened right after updates...
Any clue why?

Hey Yoshi..is ur laptop still shutting down when fans are maxed out? Did you get any solutions to it? I am facing the same issue..

Thanks*

U2Desire
Level 7
Try disabling other programs that run in the background and see if it is one of them conflicting. That is about all I can suggest as I only personally encountered the conflict with Avast and haven't heard of any other known programs that may conflict with it.