cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change FX53VD-RS71 (settings show GL553 VD) rog backlight color ?

Ney_Teixeira
Level 7
I need helP...
I bought the FX53VD-RS71 asus. .... But in setting show this GL553 VD.
I'm trying to remove or change the keyboard color because this color is impossible to work with.
Can someone tell me how to do it?
PLEASE.
Thank you.
Ney.
7 REPLIES 7

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Welcome to the forums!

Do you see the ASUS ROG Aura Core software installed, and have you tried using it to change the keyboard color as in the website FAQ below (if you're interested, changing the keyboard color to black appears to turn of the keyboard light if you prefer to do it this way)?

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1032102/

cl-Albert wrote:
Welcome to the forums!

Do you see the ASUS ROG Aura Core software installed, and have you tried using it to change the keyboard color as in the website FAQ below (if you're interested, changing the keyboard color to black appears to turn of the keyboard light if you prefer to do it this way)?

https://www.asus.com/us/support/FAQ/1032102/

sorry i tryed aura and do not works

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Not sure if there could be something different about your unit, but try clicking on the 'color box' if you haven't already to open up the 'color picker' as in the screenshot below from our GL553VE test unit.

If you prefer, hold the FN key and tap the 'F3' key a few times to turn off the keyboard backlight completely (except for the power button).

Hope it's able to help. Thanks.

I have the same problem but with a much advance one.... How do I fully customize the light? Like when I press a key, the light reacts to it or change the light territory(WASD/QWER).

Hi everybody!
FX553VD and GL533VD are distinct units. They have totally similar hardware configuration (including Wi-Fi module, screen panel and etc.), maybe because of this your unit is detected as GL553VD. But customizable RGB keyboard LED backlight is available only for GL553VD, also as branded chassis. It's mentioned in overview of GL553VD and FX553VD on Asus official website (not such a great difference, but a difference nonetheless). So, if your chassis is not branded with orange accents and Strix logo on the lid, it is FX553VD and, unfortunately, you can't change keyboard backlight colour 😞
You can only turn it off using Fn+F3 combination, maybe several times (if you have similar to this Fn block layout).

Eleiyas
Level 10
FX553VD has the same mainboard as GL553VD, hence why it is detected as such.

However the FX553VD is the ''standard'' unit and the GL553VD is the gamer version with slight changes in hardware configuration.

I do not believe that AURA works with the FX553VD or that the keyboard backlight colour can be changed.

Eleiyas wrote:
FX553VD has the same mainboard as GL553VD, hence why it is detected as such.

However the FX553VD is the ''standard'' unit and the GL553VD is the gamer version with slight changes in hardware configuration.

I do not believe that AURA works with the FX553VD or that the keyboard backlight colour can be changed.

Is it because FX553VD motherboard or because FX553VD keyboard do not have RGB?
What if I buy GL553VD keyboard, would I be able to connected it to FX553VD motherboard and use RGB settings?