Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to guide on updating uefi bios intel raid rom

digmeahole
Level 8
1)Download the EUFI BIOS tool: http://www.mediafire.com/?197177m6dcht1h2

2)Download the Bios file for your board

3)Download whatever Intel Rom version you wish to use "search google" MAKE SURE YOU USE CORRESPONDING IRST & INSTALL THAT FIRST Latest IRST can be found here http://www.station-drivers.com/page/intel%20raid.htm 11.0.0.1032

4) Run the MM Tool inside the first link.

5) Click Load Image button on left and point it to your bios file.

6) Click on the Replace tab

7) Click browse button next to Module File and point it to the new Intel Rom File that you downloaded eairler

😎 Put a check mark in the box under link present & Make sure Vendor ID & Device ID match your hardware usually 8086,2822 DOUBLE check you hardware by going to device manager & expand storage controller double click Intel Sata Raid controller go to details and under property pull down matching device id there you will see the two sets of numbers i mentioned earlier.

9) Scroll down untill you find file named CSMCORE & Highlight it by left clicking on it once

10) Click the replace button wait a few seconds

11) Click save image as.....name it and save and some people say to wait 30 seconds before clicking close or exiting out of the program.

All credit goes to Fernando 1;) from my digital life forums for teaching me.

Hope this works well for you. If you have any doubts try it on your second Bios chip first. Please post your results as this info and tools were hard to come by. Thanks again Fernando!

PS: I am pretty sure the next Intel Raid Rom release will enable support for TRIM on SSD's in Raid array! About time!
"Those who are willing to give up freedom for security deserve neither"
Ben Franklin

Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z
Intel I7-2700K OC to 4.7 @ 1.330 volts
2X EVGA 660TI SLI
G.Skill Ripjaws Z 2133Mhz
2x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD. Raid 0. 1 500gb WD VelociRaptor
Antec Gamers edition Bronze rated PSU 750 Watts
Corsair H80 Closed loop CPU cooler
Dragon Test Bench Case
11 REPLIES 11

HiVizMan
Level 40
Thanks digmeahole - appreciate you taking the time to do this. Will consolidate all the guides and useful posts like this in one place so they do not get lost over time.

Cheers
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thank you. That would be great to have all the guides in one place!

HiVizMan wrote:
Thanks digmeahole - appreciate you taking the time to do this. Will consolidate all the guides and useful posts like this in one place so they do not get lost over time.

Cheers
Ben Franklin

2X EVGA 660TI SLI
Dragon Test Bench Case

Grnfinger
Level 8
Thank you for taking the time to do this, its greatly appreciated
4770K@4500mhZ
Asus Maximus VI Hero
2x Sapphire Tahiti core 7870 Crossfire @ 1150/1500
8GB Patriot Viper @ 1866MHz
Intel 520 SSD - 2x1TB Raid0 - 2TB WD Green
Corsair AX860i
Cosmos S Custom
H20 Cooling

Glad i could help.

Grnfinger wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to do this, its greatly appreciated
Ben Franklin

2X EVGA 660TI SLI
Dragon Test Bench Case

spiralshock
Level 7
hey guys i got stuck....
um step 7) Click browse button next to Module File and point it to the new Intel Rom File that you downloaded eairler

i don't really know what im looking for... i guess up to date version of an intel rom... ive downloaded everything else and installed it but got stuck on step 7. Just like to mention once i installed the IRST version 11.0.0.1032 file name iata_cd, i restarted and it loaded up, also loaded up asking me to restart again, i did so and got BSOD. don't know why though....

spiralshock
Level 7
I did skip ahead also to step 😎 go to device manager & expand storage controller double click Intel Sata Raid controller. I don't see that but only "Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller"

Another question i like to know, once i unzip the IRST version 11.0.0.1032 (i heard theres a 11.0.0.1039, i would like that version LOL)there were 4 folders inside. i installed the Intel Rapid folder, did not touch the x64 and x32 (my pc is x64). Question is do i need to touch the Raid Config install file? if so which one RAIDCFG32.exe or RCfgSata.exe.

digmeahole
Level 8
Are you running a raid array under the Intel controller?
Ben Franklin

2X EVGA 660TI SLI
Dragon Test Bench Case

spiralshock
Level 7
I do not believe so. could you simply explain raid array?

You do not need this update... it is only for those of us who are running raid....

RAID (an acronym for redundant array of independent disks; originally redundant array of inexpensive disks[1][2]) is a storage technology that combines multiple disk drive components into a logical unit. Data is distributed across the drives in one of several ways called "RAID levels", depending on what level of redundancy and performance (via parallel communication) is required.
RAID is an example of storage virtualization and was first defined by David A. Patterson, Garth A. Gibson, and Randy Katz at the University of California, Berkeley in 1987.[3] Marketers representing industry RAID manufacturers later attempted to reinvent the term to describe a redundant array of independent disks as a means of dissociating a low-cost expectation from RAID technology.[4]
RAID is now used as an umbrella term for computer data storage schemes that can divide and replicate data among multiple physical drives. The physical drives are said to be in a RAID,[5] which is accessed by the operating system as one single drive. The different schemes or architectures are named by the word RAID followed by a number (e.g., RAID 0, RAID 1). Each scheme provides a different balance between two key goals: increase data reliability and increase input/output performance.

spiralshock wrote:
I do not believe so. could you simply explain raid array?
Ben Franklin

2X EVGA 660TI SLI
Dragon Test Bench Case