cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[PROBLEM!] My Asus ROG GL702VM-DB71 stopped working suddenly

haroldsoto
Level 7
Hey everyone,

I have a Asus ROG GL702VM-DB71 laptop since december '16, and it's been an awesome laptop performing great. However, yesterday it suddenly stopped charging (no charging LED light) and not turning on. :mad:

This is how it went down: at noon I went home from work, and used my laptop for a while .Before going back to work, I left my laptop slept and connected. When I came back from work (7pm~) I realized the charging LED was not on despite the charger being connected (this is when I knew something was wrong); I immediately tried turning it on without luck, and tried disconnecting the charger and leaving the PWR button pressed for 30s and 60s, and nothing.

Has anyone had this problem? I'm really worried because this laptop y almost new. Maybe I'll start the RMA process (I live in Dominican Republic where this shipping/RMA process are an actual nightmare).

Anyone? 😞
2 REPLIES 2

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Welcome to the forums!

Not sure if it can help, but if you haven't already, thought you may want to double-check the power outlet and AC adapter connections since the problems you describe might also be related to a bad AC adapter or problem on the AC adapter end?

Good luck!

cl-Albert wrote:
Welcome to the forums!

Not sure if it can help, but if you haven't already, thought you may want to double-check the power outlet and AC adapter connections since the problems you describe might also be related to a bad AC adapter or problem on the AC adapter end?

Good luck!

Hey! Yeah, sorry I didn't mention it before, but i already tested and made sure the AC adapter is OK. I tried my charger on another laptop and it worked perfectly.