cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"CPU Overclocking Temperature Control" on 270i does nothing...

msystems
Level 7
1. CPU Overclocking Temperature Control doesn't work for me on the Strix 270i.
This is the bios setting I am talking about. I would really like to use this feature, except it has has no effect.

For example, I set it to limit temps at 70C and drop to 35 multiplier and change offset, and to reset at 60C. Except when the temps hit the Max temp threshold I define, the clock speed and vCore doesn't budge at all. I uninstalled AI suite to see if it would help but it had no effect.

My system:
Corsair Vengeance 8gb x2 (3200) CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W
Latest Bios 0704
3 REPLIES 3

msystems
Level 7
bump

Corsair Vengeance 8gb x2 (3200) CMK16GX4M2B3200C16W
Latest Bios 0704

thomas_yiu
Level 9
DId you try to reflash BIOS with Flashback? Did you try changing the CPU Core Voltage to manual and set OC. What water cooling solution do you have?
Sincerely,
TY

thomas_yiu wrote:
DId you try to reflash BIOS with Flashback? Did you try changing the CPU Core Voltage to manual and set OC. What water cooling solution do you have?

No I didn't re-flash. I have the voltage as offset currently so I will try manual and see if that changes anything. I'm wondering if something with Asus AI suite is messing with it, but it shouldn't if it is a bios option. However I recall that AI suite had a tuning area, so maybe it is overriding bios controlling the clocks or voltage. Even though I already uninstalled it I will try to run that AI suite cleaner thing to eliminate that possibility.

This is on a mostly passive build (air cooled).