cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Maximus IX Formula Z270 Wireless issue and driver issue.

rbs_mahmoud
Level 7
Hi all,

I've recently build my IX Formula machine. But am having issues with the wireless when trying to connect to my network . I can't see my SSID in the wireless network at all . I know its not hidden as all my other devices can find it with no issue.

I can see all other networks around my apartment but not mine !!?

I have Windows 10 Pro x64 bit
I have updated my BIOS and all drivers for all components.

Did any one have this issue before. ? Is the Maximus IX Formula Z270 using new tech that my router is not supporting ?
My router is Netgear Model: DGND4000

Can any one please help.

Also I have there is one driver that I was unable to update which is the VGA (VGA_2120164551_20170120_SZ_TP_Win10_64) but when i try to run it it says that I do not have the minimum requirement to run this application ? I don't know what that means as I am running win 10 x64 what other requirements needed. And do i need this driver ?

Thanks for all you reply's in advance .
3 REPLIES 3

chevell65
Level 12
In certain cases when using AC66U NIC'S like your board has, and non AC66U routers, they either won't see the SSID which is rare, or if you can see the SSID the connection may or may not be completely stable. This usually only applies when using the 2.4GHz frequency.

Have you tried setting up the 5GHz SSID on your dual band router?

It's more likely that the AC66U NIC on your board will connect to your router on the 5GHz frequency. The problem with using the 5GHz frequency is that the wider bandwidth won't go through walls worth a damn but works very well if there are no obstacles in the way.

Hi All,

So it ended up that I need to change the channel that my wireless broadcasting on . And now I can see my 2.4 Ghz SSID ;););)

Thank you for your tips .