cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair V NB Temperature Sensor

Mc20piece
Level 7
With my Crosshair IV I was able to see the NB temperature in HWMonitor. I cannot find the temp in the BIOS either. The only temps I seen when using the latest version of HWMonitor and BIOS are CPU and Motherboard and the Motherboard temp never changes. With the Crosshair IV they were there. Any ideas?
12 REPLIES 12

NemesisChild
Level 12
The NB sensor is not available with the CH5F.

This is a feature that I also enjoyed with my CH4F, not sure why ASUS did away with it on the CH5F.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Danielle
Level 8
The easiest way to read the NB temp diode is with the latest HWiNFO64

Under ASUS ROG you will see T0-T3

T0: CPU
T1: Southbridge
T2: Northbridge
T3: MB

I like having fast access to the temp sensors so to get clean and high reporting rate of measurements, close all other tools that access the PMBus (AIsuite, speed fan, cpuid, ect...) then start up HWiNFO64 in sensor only mode, go to configure and change scan interval to 250ms for fast temp reading (you can use much slower update rates, but using anything higher will not give you as accurate or stable measurements)... I believe most temp sensors have a sampling rate of 8 samples per second.

it’s very useful to graph the parameters you are interested in (CPU 0 (AMD 10h+ CPU Thermal Sensor) (12 bit resolution) , total CPU usage , ITE IT8721 sensor (CPU temp)) , ASUSE ROG (VIN0 (best reading of VCORE))

HiVizMan
Level 40
Good advice and very clear post Danielle

Thank you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Fallen-Angel
Level 7
I ask myself why AIDA64 doesn't read this kind of temps...
Thank you Danielle! Great post.

HI, My CrossHaiR FormuLa V Mobo is idling at 52 degrees Celsius at NORTH BRIDGE T2 and maxes out at 55, is that normal temp ? or is it on the high side?
North bridge side heatsink is hot to the touch although I have 2 high RPM fans blowing toward CPU - NB while dual fan+ H60 water cooling corsair is exhausting air outside the rear of the tower.
also since I am running a dual monitor set up, the near by video card (6870) top side idles at 50 degrees (with fan @70%) and is very close to NB, CPU is maintained at < 42 degrees and case is kept open.

Should I try to RE- Sit NB heatsink ?

HiVizMan
Level 40
That is pretty normal based on what I have personally found when playing with the board.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

NemesisChild
Level 12
Hooray, HWMonitor version 1.19 now shows the NB temp for the CH5F.
I typically idle 53-56c and will hit 67c during gaming sessions.
Keep in mind that I run a high CPU/NB overclock (3106MHz+) with 1.45-1.46250v CPU/NB voltage.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2

RogDom
Level 7
Thanks HiViZMAN and NEMEZiSCHiLD for your valuable feedback regarding CHFF NB temps, I got really worried especially knowing some NB heatsink flaws in some previous similar asus motherboards (heatsink not seated properly)
Well and yes it's a nice news that HWinfo could read T0 T1 T3 T4 and even the optional temps ( but readings are off a 100 degrees or so for the optional ones using NON ASUS thermal sensors...that's a different story on a different post)

It's sad that ASUS SUITE II CAN'T READ CHFF own T0 T1 and T2? isn't that sad ! it reads only one Motherboard temperature (T3 probably) , hoping for a miraculous update from asus.

NemesisChild
Level 12
HWMonitor 1.19 now shows all temp sensor readings, give it a try.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2